*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771542-Gifts
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1771542
Entry for Writer's Cramp contest 4/27/11 has to feature certain words. Mine is about self.
Story has to feature...
a painting
a photo album
a tortoise
a campground


I started wondering if this was a campground where I would find my peace, where I would find myself again.    I had been so lost not physically but mentally and emotionally.  I tried to find myself as a tortoise would his shell.  Everything still intact but not always noticing it and sometimes hiding from the world.  I wanted to be the teacher I was meant to be to show that I could be the person or better then I was before.  I think of all the therapeutic art I had used to gain some of my mentality back from my schizophrenic world.  I knew I was crazy but I had to create a painting for the meaning of what I had been through.  A painting through the words I wrote in my journal describing in detail every pain I had been through and what was to come next.  I thought of the royal family the Romanovs Nicholas, Alexandra, and their children..I thought of how royal, happy, and peaceful they would look in a photo album.  Then I thought of the story I was told about everyone receiving the same gifts that everyone gets when they are born. The thing is sometimes people get lost  in them selves that they are higher then thou or get down and think they deserve nothing but the heartache they get.  They forget those gifts are there.  I knew my path was not a straight line but I hoped I was guided on a not so bumpy one as the previous roller coaster my life had been.  Peace, and  Love ...I wonder was it ever possible to feel this inside or to pass it on to others.
© Copyright 2011 Shannon McGee (smmcgee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771542-Gifts