*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772153-Introducing-Marigold
Rated: 18+ · Assignment · Fantasy · #1772153
My 3rd entry in the WDC Survivor contest. This is a piece to introduce Marigold.
I would like to introduce you to my new character, Marigold, through this character sketch.

1. What does the person look like- all the way down to the last detail? Do they have any scars? If they do, where'd they come from? What other odd traits might they have?

Apperance in Heaven: Marigold had long, wavy blonde hair, blue eyes, light golden complexion, over ten foot tall, and slender.

Apperance after Heaven: Her hair turned black with white streaks down the front along with red eyes and a snow white complexion. She was still tall but only slightly over six foot. She felt that loosing her height was demeaning too much like being a human. However, she did remain slender.

Scars: Marigold has a scar shaped liked a star above a crescent moon. This was once the sign of the Morning Star that was blue outlined in gold until she passed it onto her son, Lucifer.

Odd traits: In heaven, Marigold's eyes were streaked with gold. After her fall from grace, her eyes are now streaked black.

2. What happened in the person's past to make them who they are today? Were they divorced, abused, loved, cared for, pushed away, ect?

Marigold was the first female Guardian angel created by God. She fell in love with the Archangel Uriel because she was attracted to the love flames that came from his hands. Uriel gave her the gift of the morning star during their forbidden relationship. God forgave them but separated them. He wiped out Uriel's memory but made Marigold keep the memories as a reminder of what she had done wrong.

As a result of the relationship between the angels, Marigold became pregeant with triplets. After giving birth, she named them Lucifer, Lamia,and Lucia. As they grew older, she wanted more for her children than just to become angels in the background serving humans. When her son Lucifer grew up, she pased the sign of the morning star to him when he became the angel of light.

Marigold joined her children in the famous rebellion in Heaven and was condemed to live in Hell. In the late 1600s, a portal was found to another realm was found. The land was called Deacon, Mississippi.

For the first hundred years or so, she felt at home there for the most part. She gave birth to another son who was born deformed named Tim-Tim. It turned out that a half demon/ half zombie is never born healthy. This child was the result of her affair with the town doctor, Thomas St.Ives.

In the late 1800s, her life changed again when a faerie, Cydia, came to the realm and married her son, Lucifer. Cydia couldn't stand the way Marigold and the rest of the family smelled (she thought they smelled like sulfur), so she had Lucifer to make a town (more like a reservation) called Roseville. Cydia also made a law that forbid them to be able to enter Deacon after six in the evening.

This was like a last straw in Marigold's life. She felt as if she lost her oldest son, and that he didn't love her. She felt that her life couldn't get any lower.

3. What kind of temperment do they have and why? Does it have something to do with their past?

Marigold has a bad temper and very bitter because she has felt like she has had to fight for everything she has. She also has a loving side to her when it comes to her children, especially Tim-Tim. She's very protective of him since he still has the mind of a seven year old. It all has to do with her past because she feels that she faced injustice throughout her life even though everything she did was for her children.

4. How would they react in the following situations?

A. divorce (disapperance of a spouse)

Marigold was never married, however, she has had many lovers. She never got over losing Uriel, to her, he was the perfect love. It made her bitter toward God and led her to a downward sprial.

B. Someone cheating on her

She was never cheated on. Dr. Thomas St. Ives did go back to his wife. She wanted to kill her but didn't because she didn't want to be executed for murder since she had a disabled son to take care of.

C. Robbery

Marigold would simply make some gold. This is a power of hers. She could also burn the person who tried to rob her by throwing a fireball.

D. Finding out that someone she loves loves her back

She wouldn't trust it because she has been hurt too much in the past. The person would have to bend over backwards to win her love.

E. Winning the lottery

This would mean nothing to her since she can make gold.

F. She has been wronged in some other way. Does she forgive easily?

No, she believes in getting even instead when she can.

5. What kind of friends do they keep if they keep any? Does she actually trust her friends or are they there for convience?

She only has her family and doesn't trust others.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2011 very thankful (sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772153-Introducing-Marigold