*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772433-Beginning--Rileys-Song
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by A Gray
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1772433
Two young lovers face trials as they try to recover from injuries.
Riley wheeled his chair down the hallway to his room, his attitude was nothing but angry. He'd been forced to come here after his parents thought it would be good therapy. Be around horses to improve his attitude, and ride them to improve his muscle tone in his legs since the accident. He tried to slid the room key card through the slot on the door to his room but he couldn't lift himself up enough to reach it. Stupid him for sending his parents away. How was he supposed to do any of this on his own. "Damn it!!" He yelled out thinking no one was around. Why couldn't his parents have just left him alone where he was. Riley put his arms down in defeat.

Riley turned his head to see a girl walking down the hall. At first he was going to ignore her. Try not to attract attention to himself. He sat back in his chair and eyed his room sourly. The girl was looking down at her key card and then at the numbers on the doors, she was searching for her room. She looked lost and confused. When she saw Riley she smiled uneasily and walked toward him. “Do you need help?” She asked him, as polite as can be.

He was half tempted to tell her no, go the hell away. But right now he just wanted to be inside his room. He was exhausted from the trip, tired enough to allow the girl to actually help him. Which wasn't something he let others do for him often. “I have no idea how this thing works, and I couldn't reach it even If I knew how... they wanted to give me a special room. Last thing I wanted was to feel like a dang freak..." Riley vented, "Yeah Id like the help. I cant open the door..." He handed her the card thinking she knew how they went.

The girl cocked her head and listened to him vent. But she surprisingly didn't say anything. Just nodded and took his card. "Think they would have explained this to us... a little better." She turned the card and reached over Riley to slide it through the slot. The light blinked red. She gave the door a frustrated look and glanced at the card again. "It says to slide and turn handle," she told him rolling her eyes. She took a hold of the handle and slide the card again, it blinked red. Frowning she flipped the card over and slid the card the other way but forgot to turn the handle. She blushed and bit her lip. Trying it one last time the light blinked green and the door swung open. The girl let out an exaggerated relieved sigh. "Got it," she chimed, dimples showing.

Riley watched her try the card over and over trying to figure it out. He watched closely because he didn't wanna have to ask her after how it was done. Least he didn't feel like such an idiot because he couldn't do it. "Thanks. I think I might have been out here all night. Can I buy you dinner or something? Just to say thanks?" Riley ran his hands over the wheels of his wheelchair. Normally he was quite good with the ladies. But you weren't a really appealing catch when you couldn't walk. So he'd lost his girlfriend. Another reason for his bitter mood. But how he loved when a girl had dimples. It was one of his weaknesses. Not that he wanted another girl, but everyone had to eat.

"Ummm" She blushed again. "That would be awesome, I'm starved." She looked down the hall. "I've got to change. Want me to come back in about fifteen minutes?" She gave him an easy smile and pulled at her long red hair, twisting it around her finger.

He smiled at her accepting his offer until she said 15 minutes he frowned lightly. It took him longer then 15 minutes to use the bathroom half the time. "I just got in, your gonna have to give me a bit longer to get cleaned up then 15 minutes. I'm sorry its just that... " That he was incapable of even changing his pants without a huge headache these days. And it wasn't like he'd let anyone else do it for him. His parents and siblings had tried but he always refused. "30 minutes I think I can manage..." He'd have to wait to get a shower.

"Sure 30 minutes, I could like... I don't know. Do something with my hair," she laughed, accidentally dropping her card. She picked it up and laughed again. "I'm a cluts." she mumbled and headed to find her room. "See you in 30." she called behind her. Her hair dropping to almost her waist as she turned. She found her room and struggled to open her door. Looking down the hallway in embarrassment.

"See you then." Riley told her. He laughed a little at her dropping the card, covering his mouth trying not to be rude. Long hair and dimples. Okay, maybe picking up a girl wasn't totally out of the question. His mom would so kill him. Riley was meant to be riding horses. He watched her try and open the door again and shook his head. "Remember put the card the right away, and open at the same time. They should really make this easier."

She grinned at him and jammed her hip against the door while she turned and swiped the card and the door flew open sending her to her knees. Sitting there for a minute he herd her start laughing. Dropping to the ground she rolled over onto her back and looked up at the ceiling. Her suitcase was by her foot and she gave it a couple taps. “Lovely,” he herd her mumble, “I'm incapable of doing anything right without screwing it up.”

"You sure you can manage?" Riley laughed wheeling himself over to her. He wheeled the chair closer to her and he reached over and offered her a hand up. He'd gotten good at wheeling close to people without running them over. She gave him her hand. "I'm not sure," she kidded, "think I might have to call room service for me to get this open next time..." Looking behind her she gave the room a thoughtful look before letting him pull her up. "Not sure if there will always be a hot guy around to save me." She blushed again, had she just said that? "Uh..." she said, puffing air into her cheeks, "30 minutes...starting now?"

Riley gave a laugh when she called him hot. "Well I'm willing to help, but if you'd rather find a hot guy..." Riley teased, though he knew he wasn't a bad looking guy but nobody wanted someone in a wheelchair. He watched the girl blush at his comment and smiled. "Right 30 minutes... I'll come get you..."

He wheeled away playfully doing a wheelie as he went down the hall, then opened his room going inside. He made sure to wedge it open so he didn't have to use the key. Riley grabbed his bag and put it on the bed. Pulling out a shirt and a pair of pants he barely managed to get them on and spray himself with cologne and style his hair. Good news is that it took twenty minutes so he had time to go down to the hotel lobby and snag a pretty yellow rose from a bouquet before he went back up to her room.
© Copyright 2011 A Gray (graysacres at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772433-Beginning--Rileys-Song