*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772493-Is-academics-killing-our-youth
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Opinion · #1772493
This is an essay that expresses my views on the current education system in India......
This is my personal opinion and the reader is free to let me know his/her opinion on the same.....



        EUREKA!!WORLD DISCOVERS NEW MENTAL DISORDER-ACADEMICAL PRESSURE(NOT EVEN HALF AS RELEVANT AS NEWTON'S THEORIES)   



        Having  evolved  from  apes, today  the  wheel  of  man's  development  is  rotating  faster  than  ever with technology  being  the  axle.Academics and education are  the foundation of technological progress.They  set us a class apart from apes ,making us aware of & eligible for the civilised world.Making  one  aware  of  the  world  does  not  merely  mean  that  one  should  know  that  2+2  is  4.Needless  to  say  that  as  a  child  grows  his  syllabus  in  school  also  increases  considering  his  mental  ability  &  the  goal  of  widening  the  child's  horizons.Simultaneously, the  hardwork  required  also  rises.The  question  of  academical  pressure  only  arises  from  indifferent  parents,peers,teachers ,the  society,one's  internal  pressure  culminating  from  the  obstinacy  to  succeed  &  not  desire  to  learn  & yes  the  media  or simply say " the  pressure  cooker  brigade!" Not  surprisingly,  they  have  disguised  themselves  under  the  label  "academical  pressure",SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT EXIST!

          In the year 2010,India saw a startling spate of suicides for which the 'most commonly accused' victim by the police and the media  was -academical pressure.The result of this is lame reforms by the government like best-of-five,mandatory promotion in std.8,90:10 quota.....instead of addressing the crux of the problem they beat around the bush ...Just by killing a terrorist you cannot kill terrorism.   

        Parents , who  were  once  a  source  of  motivation  for  their  children  have  now  become  the  diggers  of  their  graves.Some  parents  just  refuse  to  accept their child as  anything  less  than  a  doctor  or  an  engineer ,throttling  their  child's  dreams  ,  failing  to  understand  that  a  small-time  artist  is  better  than  an  inefficient  doctor.A  study  proves  that  70%  parents  force  their  wards  to  take  up  unsuitable  professions.

        In  an  alarming  case,  when  a  first  year  IIT  student  comitted  suicide,a  fourth  year  IIT  student  said  that  this  was  due  to  some  faculty  members  who  claim  to  be  super-intellectuals  &  harass  the  intelligent  students  &  ultimately  declare  them  as  academically  unfit.A  clear-cut  case  of  discouraging  teachers!

          Also  not  to  be  ignored  are  peers  who  constantly  compare  marks  &  extent of revision done.

          Lastly  the  students  themselves  are  to  blame  if  they  embrace  failure  instead  of  fighting  back.Life  is  certainly not  a  bed  of  roses.A  little  stress  and  a  small  dose  of  failure  at  this  stage  only  makes  you  stronger  for  the  future.Future  smiles  on  the  brave.Also  students  must  understand  that  it  is  the  quality  of  education  that  matters  &  not  the  quantity  of  marks. Ofcourse,unless  the  pressure  cooker  brigade  stops  serving  absurd  dishes  to  students  topped  with  a  little  more  pressure  each  time,more  &  more  students  will  succumb  to  indigestion.Then  very  defensively  the  media  will  say  the  cook  was  -ACADEMICS.

To  conclude  I  would  like  to  say, education  &  academics  are  but  the  road  to  enlightenment  &  not  the  final  destitation  called  success.So  heres  wishing  you  a  safe  journey  &  don't  be  put  down  with  speed  bumps  called  "academical  pressure"  because  they're  nothing  but  silly  myths that  we  need  to  ignore!

1IIT stands for the Indian Institute of Technology

Footnotes
1 

© Copyright 2011 lochinver (bebog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772493-Is-academics-killing-our-youth