*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772908-The-Pain-of-Depression
Rated: 13+ · Preface · Health · #1772908
The pain of depression, who it hits, what is next?
In 2010, in the US, there were over 15 million confirmed cases of depression. 15 million.  By 2020, depression is to be the most common problem in our country, according to DepressionStatistics.org 2010. 

Depression hurts everyone.  Men, women, children, elderly, veterans, victims of rape, alcoholics, mothers after there babies are born.  And then, what about their families?  We have sisters and brothers, husbands and wives, neighbors, friends, and family, who are just trying to help...only to be turned away. 

Sometimes with depression, we enter with it a disease known as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).  Anyone can have gone through this.  A soldier, a fireman escaping a burning house, a policeman seeing his partner shot, a gang member trying to get out only to have someone else hurt.  A woman abused by her husband, a child sold into a sex trafficking ring, it just goes on and on and on.  Can you imagine the nightmares these people would have for years to follow?  They might get counseling.  They might fall into depression.  They, hopefully, will come out stronger.

I plan on looking into different public well-known families down this voyage.  We could see some of what they have been through, and how they have overcome it, or lost themselves to it.  I have also been opening up an eye at myself.  Who am I really?  Who am I deep inside?  Can I let out MY pain over time?
c}

You stick by me, and I'll stick by you.  The love we feel will blossom through.
© Copyright 2011 LookingAhead (txlady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772908-The-Pain-of-Depression