*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772929-Think-Chat
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Emotional · #1772929
Story about choices and thinking before you talk...or type
Sam Anderson was awake at 3 in the morning, and bored. She also had a computer. At 3:03 Sam clicked onto the chat site Omegle. She was quickly linked to a stranger.
‘Hey.’
‘Help me.’
Sam leaned forward, interested. Was this serious or just another horny guy trying to get off?
‘How?’
‘I can’t find a reason to live anymore.’ She blinked. This was a new one. Most people went on for boredom or sex. She couldn’t help but be intrigued. Sam didn’t know any suicidal people.
‘Okay. Why?’
‘My family hates me, I have almost no friends, I’m failing school, I’m ugly, and I’m in the closet.’
Sam burst out laughing. Stupid emo kid.
‘What a whiner.’
She knew people just wanted attention for this stuff, and she certainly wasn’t going to give this kid anything.
‘I know. I’m pointless and useless, but please can you help me out of this? I have no one else to turn to.’
She sighed and rolled her eyes. All she’d wanted was a good conversation, but she was stuck with this wimp.
‘You don’t have me either.’
‘Please just help me.’
‘Whatever. Go kill yourself for all I care. You’re boring anyway. Bye.’
She logged off without waiting for a reply and fell asleep.

Next morning Sam woke up and walked over to her best friend Kate’s house. Sam wanted to wake her up early. Kate’s mom smiled when Sam walked in.
“Good morning honey! Kate’s asleep.”
“Thanks Mrs. Morrison.”
Sam crept upstairs and swung open the door.
“Kate...Time to get up!”
Then she hesitated.
“Kate? Where are you?”
The room was silent but for a slight creaking. Sam looked up and stepped back. Above her head hung Kate. Dead. Sam’s heart was in her throat. She couldn’t think, couldn’t scream. Lying on Kate’s bed was her lap top. Sam felt herself drawn to it by some terrible force. She subconsciously knew what the words on the screen would read.
‘Whatever. Go kill yourself for all I care. You’re boring anyway. Bye.’
It was then that Sam started screaming.



© Copyright 2011 thouart (thouart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772929-Think-Chat