*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773399-Aunt-Trudy-you-will-be-missed
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Death · #1773399
56 years old. No one should die that young. Rest well i love you.
She was 56 years old, 56! no one should die that young. I'll say how this all started.



It was about two maybe three weeks after her husband was all clear from signs of cancer. Aunt Trudy was feeling a little sick and went to the docter who ran a test or two and she was diagnosed with lung cancer. Her mother, my nan died as well as her sister from cancer. I should mention at the moment my aunt is alive but the odds are she won't make it through the night. I have hope she WILL be alive tomorrow so my cosins can see her again, so my dad and I can. Their was alot of pain throughout the whole Baker clan I mean their where three other bakers with cancer in my dads immediate family. One lived, my uncle. In three weeks she found out. She stayed at her home and fought the best she could but then they found more.



A MRI revealed tumors in her brain. The docters in mocton told us about an experimental drug from the US that could shrink the tumors,well The tumors didn't shrink they gave her hours to days to live. We all hoped for days.



When i got their she didn't look well, they said she just fell asleep no meds were in her. She wasn't in any pain the cancer blocked her pain recepters so i guess that was a blessing. Two hours after we got their to my surprise she woke up. At that point i was lit up like a Christmas tree I knew then that I could say goodbye. People were around but she spoke when I talked to her and to no one else for the time I was their. Everyone took their own turn saying good bye to her in private, and she spoke again when I talked to her. Aunt Trudy said "I love you too Brandy" the last words I heard from her. My sister and I sound alike so I understood. She was alert she knew who everyone was and knew what she did when she sined the DNR papers.



I left at eleven the hospital kicked me out and I understood but they kicked out her children too, I almost snaped! But, her husband and one of my cosins stayed with her over night.



Thursday she was given hours to days she fought hard lasting tell monday but she couldn't make it through that night.



The days went by quickly after she died. I don't remember anything from school. Then came thursday, the day of the funeral. Everyone got by ok. Three people broke down but were fine after a second. It was beautiful, from the flower and picture display to the eulogy her son gave. She was cremated and wanted her ashes put into a bowling pin, she was funny that way always trying to keep up spirits. I later found out that my aunt planned the whole thing. The display, the flowers, the seating arrangements, even the slide show at the end when people were leaving was her idea.



Just like at aunt Terry and at grandmas funeral it was raining. Its not over. Her life may be done but her memory will live on forever in the hearts and souls of those she loved, and I know one day I'll see her again. For now I know she's in heaven with grandma, aunt Terry and, uncle Carl dancing up that storm. I love you.
© Copyright 2011 The Christian (vorak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773399-Aunt-Trudy-you-will-be-missed