*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773894-Kennys-Wonder--the-learning-of-symbols
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1773894
Kenny's wonder at reflection, symbols, his dad away from home, and the love of a family.
"Mommy, Mommy come here, come see this" said an excited Kenny.  Kenny’s mom moves to the couch where Kenny was sitting by the window. "We have two candles mommy.”  Kenny's mom comes closer to see what his excitement is all about. 

Sure enough with the cover of darkness outside and the light in the room, there appeared to be two candles.  There was a perfect reflection of the candle that was at the window.. 
"Yes, Kenny that is pretty cool, it’s a reflection of our candle." said Kenny’s mom.
"Mom, why do we put the candle in the window? I keep for getin?" says bouncing Kenny.

Kenny's Mom says.  "The word is forgetting Kenny not for getin, remember it is a symbol to all those that see that we have a loved one away from home, and we are waiting for their return.  Let's your Daddy know how much we love him".

Kenny speaks up and says "that is why we put the yellow ribbons too, right, right?"
"Yes, Kenny, the yellow ribbon is for the daytime and the candle at night as our symbol of love waiting for your daddy."
"Mom, when will Daddy be home" said Kenny
"I pray soon Kenny, hopefully soon" says his mom.

"It's really cool tonight we both have a candle for Daddy... we have to email him and tell
Him about the second candle" says an eager Kenny.

“Ok Kenny, come on let's email your Dad and tell him” Kenny’s Mom says smiling.

250 words



© Copyright 2011 MissRoni (ladyroni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773894-Kennys-Wonder--the-learning-of-symbols