*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775794-To-the-Ones-Who-Serve
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · War · #1775794
Letter to our troops
To the ones who serve the Red, White, and Blue:

Home for me is Texas. Deep in the heart. But more than that, it’s the land that I love. I was raised to love my God, watch those who couldn’t take care of themselves, and raise a little cane when I could.
I’ve had a kind of rough life. I’m a female, and have been seriously ill for many years. I’ve been through the ache of losing loved ones, and the pain of being in a bad relationship. Due to my health issues, I have faced many challenging times, but I have had two things through it all. 1. My friends. 2. My Lord. I put my friends and my family under the same category for a good reason- either they are supportive, or they’re not. I still love them, but the friends are the ones I lean on during the hard times.

I know it’s not the same at all, but this is my small piece of war. Hell on Earth. Then hospital after hospital for 10 years, just now beginning to recover. Nightmares, PTSD, panic attacks, every man with that cologne, who drinks that drink; they’re all…HIM. I’ve had to learn to recover from it. And, I have. I’ve gotten on with my life. I’ve pushed it aside. I don’t let it control me.

Does the pain ever go away? No. Do you ever forget? No. I still remember exactly what took place, and how I could have prevented it. Do I wish I had done it differently of not been in there at all? Surprisingly, no. I was in a different town, had wonderful friends, had a great job, and was enjoying life to the fullest. I would never take anything back, as I would not be the person I am today because of it. Now, am I more protective of my well-being today? You bet. But I also know when a man drinks a drink, its okay. It’s when he drinks 10 we have a problem.

Men, women, take care of yourself. Love yourself. We sure love you. The televisions always have news about our troops, and no matter what side of the aisle you’re on, Republican or Democratic; we all are still thinking about you, and want you to come home safe and healthy, inside and out. The top dogs will do their darndest for the outside; you take care of the inside.

All of My Love,
The Yellow Rose
© Copyright 2011 LookingAhead (txlady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775794-To-the-Ones-Who-Serve