*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776924-Boys-will-be-boys
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1776924
Daily flash fiction entry.
“Mom, mom...”, Dave started.

“What is it David, you're all out of breath...and where is your brother?”, his mother asked.

Dave continued, “Todd and I...were playing catch in the back...and Todd threw the ball over the fence... into Mr. Hill's backyard”

Dave started to lose his composure and seemed frantic.

“Alright, I'm sure you can knock on his door and ask him to get the ball for you boys.”, his mother suggested.

“Todd already hopped the fence...he didn't want to knock on that creepy old man's door.”, answered Dave, still panting, his face flushed red.

“Arthur Hill is not a creepy man, he's just old and lives alone and...”, his mother started.

“No mom, Todd jumped the fence, and you'll never guess what happened next.”, Dave suggested.

“What happened David?”, she asked, eerily not wanting to hear his answer.

“Mr. Hill was there...he started yelling at Todd and told him to get back over that fence.”, he explained to her, "and now...now he's stuck.”

David tried to hide a smile as he ushered her around the back of the house. Once there, the boy's mother saw her youngest son stuck dangling from the top of the fence, his white underwear stuck to the top of the post.

“Oh Jeez...”, their mother started.

Todd, his face red with frustration, swung left and right in a fruitless effort to unhitch himself. He turned even more red as his older brother David laughed hysterically at him. Their mother ran over to offer her assistance.

“Please Todd...please stay out of Mr. Hill's yard”, his mother advised as she too broke into a giggle and helped him down. David rolled on the floor in laughter as his brother stormed into the house.

Word count: 298
© Copyright 2011 TheMadWarlock (bellz666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776924-Boys-will-be-boys