*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777420-I-Wish
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1777420
Be careful what you wish for. Flash Fiction entry 5/18
"What was in the letter?" quizzed Nicky. "Let me see!" he implored reaching up for Randy's hand.

"Back off runt and I'll show you!"

He held out  his hand just above Nicky's eye line. The younger sibling stretched on his tip toes to gaze at his elder brother's treasure.

"It looks like an old quarter," Nicky said disappointedly.

"Quarters are silver and much smaller than this coin."

"So what? It's stupid," Nicky dug.

"Is not! It's magic!" Randy insisted.

"Ooo let me see! Do a trick!"

Nicky jumped at his brother who drew back his hand at the last moment. Nicky hit the end table and lamp wobbled, spun and crashed onto the floor.

"Now you've done it runt!"

"Uh uh! I'm tellin' Mom you did it. She'll believe me! You'll be grounded and can't see Jennifer!"

"You little liar! I'll get you if you do. Man I wished you hadn't done that!" Randy yelled.

Suddenly he felt a tickle of electricity dance up his spine and he heard a noise like someone playing a video in reverse.

"Hadn't done what? asked Nicky who had grabbed Randy's wrist with both hands and now hung upside down from his big brother's forearm.

"Broke Mom's lamp".

"Mom's lamp's not broke," replied Nicky while continuing to use his brother as a jungle gym.

Randy turned to point and was amazed to discover the lamp was perfectly whole. He thought about his wish.

"I wish I had a pizza," He said.

There was another tickle and the doorbell rang. Randy opened the door still dragging his sibling burden.

"Free pizza for Randy Volo!" said the delivery boy handing him the box.

"Gimme pizza!"

Nicky dragged Randy's arm down forcing him to drop the pizza topping side down.

"God I wish you hadn't been born!..."
© Copyright 2011 Zephaniah Kirkwood (kevlord at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777420-I-Wish