*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777806-Honor--Service--Sacrifice
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Military · #1777806
A letter to our American Servicemen and Servicewomen.
Dear Soldier,


It is indeed my Honor to be sending this letter to you, our American Armed Forces. Every American owes you so much gratitude for all you have gone through, and all you endure. From leaving your family, friends, and loved ones behind, to go half way around the world to fight others who have no regard for human life. Your dedication to Service and Duty provide so many freedoms that many of us take for granted at times.

We can never fathom the depths to which you Sacrifice for your God, family, and Country. Giving up all the necessities and material things you may have had in the States. For 130 degree heat, sand that gets into everything, and still doing a good job every day despite all else. I know that around here, South Central Kansas, all of us are truly grateful and blessed for the burdens you must bear.

So when we lay down our heads on our pillows in a comfortable bed. I will say a prayer for you tonight, as every night. I will pray for you to keep fighting the good fight, steadfast in Commitment, knowing your Living Conditions are moderate at best. I pray you will remain safe and out of harm's way. I pray that you accept and understand the enormous task ahead of you. Knowing we are all glad Bin Laden is now gone, but also knowing that this is not over and not in vain. But with every heartache and heartbreak you experience at times, the Good Lord will provide you with some peace of mind.

I also pray for your safe return to your loved ones here on our American soil. May God Bless all of our Armed Forces! Those serving now, those who served previously, and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice...

I salute all of you brave men and women. Knowing "Thank You" is not nearly close enough to what you deserve for retribution to your bodies and souls for our Freedom.

Sincerely,
Frank Simon

Ps. My son is a Corporal that left with the 2nd Marine Division on the 6th of May for his 2nd tour in Afghanistan. This time it is for 10 months. He volunteered after 3 of his buddies were wounded. It is what he wants, and all we can do is support him, pray, and wait...Perseverance is one of his finer qualities. May you be persistent and persevere till the job is done!
© Copyright 2011 Thaddeus Buxton Winthrop (franksimon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777806-Honor--Service--Sacrifice