*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780137-Dont-Give-Up-on-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1780137
We should never give up on love, right?
New state. New town. New home. New school. New life. That's what's happening to me right now. My brother and I are moving in with my mom. We used to live with my dad until he remarried and sent us with my mom. You could say he just didn't want us to disturb him and his 'perfect wife, Fay. I knew she was only with my father because of his money. The only thing she did was waste money and sleep with him. I bet a million dollars she made my dad send us with my mom to this small town called Point Lakemount, Arkansas with about 5k people. I'm going to have to start out a new life all because of that bitch my father thinks he loves. My brother and I used to spend a few weeks during the summer here but I never met anyone which is really weird unlike my brother who was always outside with the friends he had made in this town but I never met any of them. I don't really get along with my mom which sucks since I have to live with her now. But my brother gets along with my mom like a charm. I don't know why though, my brother, David, gets in trouble all the time and gets really bad grades. It's a miracle when he gets at least a 'B'. I on the other hand am one of those shy and quiet girls who has all 'A's and 'B's. I've never had detention or any of that shit. David was the most popular kid at my old school and I wouldn't be surprised if he became the most popular kid at our new school in less then a day. I'm basically an outcast known as 'the sister of the popular kid'. Speaking of school we are about to start the school year in about 2 days. I'm 16 and in 11th grade whilst David is 18 and since he flunked a grade he's in 12th grade.

"Kimberly come down and eat!" David shouted from outside my door. I jumped, I was to lost in my thoughts.

"I'm not hungry. Leave me alone!" I didn't want to go down there. I just felt like staying in my room.

"Fine, suit yourself" David hissed. At that second my stomach growled and I realized I hadn't eaten all day. I would probably sneak out to the kitchen after they went to sleep.

I was tiptoeing downstairs making sure I didn't step on any of the creaky stairs. I remembered when I was younger I would sneak out to watch TV like at midnight and my mom caught me when I was about 11 years old and I got in really bad trouble. Since that day I've never sneaked outside again until this day obviously. I quickly made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and ran upstairs to my room. I turned the TV on, which I gained in my room 2 years after my mom caught me downstairs. I slowly drifted into a dreamless sleep.

Blue or red… I was debating on which shirt color to wear for my first day of school. This past weekend was awful. I was locked up in my room but that's better then school. I hate school. The thing I hate the most is school and that will never change. Thank god I only have 2 years left of my school life but of course I would still have to go to college. I'm planning on getting a scholarship so I can attend an Ivy League University so wish me luck.

At the end I decided for a blue shirt with dark blue skinny jeans and converse. I loved this style it was simple and comfortable yet stylish. I quickly straightened my brown hair letting my bangs fall a little into my brown eyes. Then for the finishing touch I put make up on. I do not cake my face in makeup. The girls who do that look like that they were made in china, all artificial. I just wear light makeup.

I then grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs. I skipped breakfast because I was super nervous and if I eat breakfast when I'm nervous I would get a stomach ache. I know that's weird. I ignored my mom and brother who were eating breakfast and hurried to my car. My dad let my brother and I buy whichever car we wanted as a 'goodbye' present. I'm not sure what its called but I know it's a convertible, blue, 2010 Mustang, yeah an awesome car!

I found an available parking space in Point Lakemount High School. The parking lot was full of people talking, I kinda felt left out. I took out my schedule for this semester. My mom had picked up the schedule for my brother and I a week before we arrived and she had given it to us yesterday. Literature was my first class, calculus was my second class, biology was my third class, lunch was next, geography was my fourth class, French class was my fifth class, U.S. history was my sixth class, and chemistry was my seventh and last class.

I awkwardly stepped out my car noticing that people started to turn their heads towards me. How could they know I was new? I guess in a high school with 500 kids you could tell who was new. I made my way through people who were crowded in the main entrance. This was my first day of school and I was not planning on been late to any of my classes. I accidentally bumped into a couple making out. I turned my head and apologized. Just as I was turning my head to look ahead of me I bumped into another person. I looked up at him to apologize but I couldn't speak. He was.. he was gorgeous. I unthinkingly scanned him taking in his Osiris shoes, loose skinny jeans, and t-shirt. I finally saw his face.. his beautiful face. His hair was brown kinda like in an emo style. His skin looked smooth, free of any acne. His eyes were brown with kinda of green. His lips were full with a lip piercing in the side but not those dramatic piercings, he just had a simple lip ring. He was hot, very hot. I suddenly realized he was looking at me with an amused expression on his face. His lips turning into a smirk. I blushed deeply.

"Liking what you see, huh?" he asked with a damn sexy voice- WAIT! Snap out of it Kimberly, I thought to myself. I didn't respond but nearly ran inside the building ignoring whoever I crashed into afterwards. I thought I heard him laugh but I couldn't be sure.
© Copyright 2011 ShawtyLove (shawtylove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780137-Dont-Give-Up-on-Love