*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780873-The-Ring
Rated: · Short Story · Contest · #1780873
true story, still happy
The Ring

         After divorce, it is hard to believe in love again. So when you end up falling in love with your best friend, it is harder still to go home after a visit. You knowing that it would be months before you can be together again. The bus ride home is much longer and lonelier than the ride to be in his arms.

         This time felt different. It was not her that shed the tears this time. With his tears, her heart broke. Is this time the last time they would see each other? He cut work to take say good bye. The atmosphere was heavy. Hearts seemed empty except the the gloom of grief. Maybe their hearts knew something that they did not.

    Looking at her hand, she sees the quarter machine ring that he daughter had gotten for her. She had never taken it off, but now was the time. Each heart on the band stood for him and her three children, but looking at it at this moment the meaning had changed. She saw it to mean her and the kids. She took the ring off leaving only a tan line.

         “Take this and remember that I will always love you.” she said through her own tears. “Each heart stands for people that love you. I am not giving it to you. It means more than anything else I have. Keep it until we meet again.” With those words, She kissed him good and started her 30 hour bus ride home.

         Their hearts were right. The long distance was just too much for their relationship. He had found another, and soon she had too. However, the contact and love was not gone. They still knew what was going on with each other. When one was in pain the phone would ring for the other.

         Three years later, she pulls into her drive. There was her soul mate. He was still the one to light a fire in both her heart and body.

         “Close your eyes,” he said. As he gave her one of his famous kisses, he slipped something into her hand. “ I have kept this close for so long. It is time for it to come home.”

         Well, that was almost three years ago. They have become a family. She and her kids moved in with him, and finally found her true happily ever after.


Word count 404
"Invalid Item
http://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/1618627-A-Moment-in-Time
© Copyright 2011 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780873-The-Ring