*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780893-The-Hoodlum-Part-1
by Tim
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1780893
About a bland guy trying to be a hoodlum. Doesn't quite work.
Billions of people share the same planet, none of them exactly alike. This adds a nice diversity to avoid the cultures surrounding you from appearing gray and static, but it also gives the opportunity for stranger and more menacing people to surface. Tyler Finch wasn't exactly a strange person, he simply didn't fit in as similarity among the different people. He'd sit at his computer and speak to strangers, forging false friendships to strengthen his self-image aswell as muster a crude illusion of pride. However away from the computer screen he was simply a tall awkward 18 year old with the odd ambition of becoming a traveling nurse and achieving internal happiness. His home life wasn't traumatic, but a redundency of stressful arguments from a bi-polar mom and let downs from shady aquaintences. Like a normal teenage suburban boy he dabeled in drugs ranging from marijuana to cocaine, to of course add some spice into the bland gelatinous glob that was his life.

On an average Tyler Finch day in May Tyler's "friend" Danny called spilling out details for a lovely time at the local fair. Of course being the technologically dependant person Tyler was he was less then convinced to go. "Aw c'mon! Don't be a pussy,t here'll be girls and we'll smoke!" his friend whined to him. Of course there would be girls and he'd be able to smoke, he always smoked. Girls on the other hand really didn't mean anything to him anymore. Sexuality was such an irrevelevant thing that he barely even noticed he had a penis until he had to get to the bathroom. Years without a female companion will do that to a man. Well that or turn him gay, but that's another thing altogether.

"Alright, whatever, i've got the car so i'll come get you." Tyler mumbled as he got up from the computer. "For sure bro!" he heard sputter out of the phone before hanging up. For some reason bro really wasn't his ideal word, it reminded him too much of the Jersey Shore of which Tyler was not at all a fan. Details like getting into a car and driving across a small suburb aren't really important, so i'll cut to the next notable moment involving Tyler Finch since you're all so eager to know.

"Aye bro what's goooood." said Dan the ghetto suburban resident. "Nothing really, just sitting around." replied Tyler, "Oh.hah..cool, let's go." Dan said awkwardly . It was obvious that Tyler was used for his car and small amount of money but he really didn't care. 'Better a fake friend then a pet rock friend' they always say. At the carnival it was not at all the "Poppin'" scene that Dan had described. Scenile couples held hands gingerily dancing to polka while eight year olds dressed in festive dresses walked in search of amusing trinkets. "Well this is about the most exciting thing i've ever seen." Tyler muttered sarcastically.

"Well it just opened bro, it'll get more eventful in a minute." , yet an hour and four tents later nothing eventful was found. After a bit of mindless walking Tyler found himself following Dan out of the festival to a familiar area he knew but didn't recall. "Let me do the talking." Dan said as they headed towards a yard. Of course this indicated something that could be dangerous if something foul was said which bothered Tyler, but like the trooper he wasn't he went on.
© Copyright 2011 Tim (ladudeabides at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780893-The-Hoodlum-Part-1