*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780904-Last-word
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest · #1780904
Politicians need to be careful what they say. Flash Fiction 5/30
"Everytime you blink, another worker loses a job in our fair state. The governor's policies have only benefited special interests. I propose to restore honest government to the state. You have to do your part. Vote for jobs! Vote for me! Thank you!"

Eleanor quickly exited the stage waving at the packed auditorum. She needed them to acheive her ambition of becoming Governor but they tended to ask probing questions about her proposed solutions. She couldn't skirt the issues forever.

"Eleanor wait!" came a voice from behind her.

"Oh great. Here comes Bill Prescott. Sam I'm going to freshen up, delay him till I'm gone,"  she said to her bodyguard.

Sam acknowledged with a nod.

Eleanor slipped into a washroom. Bill started out as a good campaign manager manager but coming down to the wire he started to get soft and shy away from what needed to be done to win. She can't fired him this close to the election.

"Same old rhetoric Eleanor? I'm sure the voters see through all that," came a voice form behind her.

""Stick it to the rich man" always plays well with the unemployed crowd," she replied turning to face Cynthia.

"You don't give them enough credit. They'll see through your lies especially after I take my story to the press. You should've just paid me what you promised."

Eleanor moved so fast Cynthia couldn't evade her grasp. She struggled helplessly as Eleanor tightened her grip around her throat.

"I 've worked too hard and come too far to let a little nobody farm girl ruin it. You aren't the first body I've buried this campaign," grunted Eleanor dropping Cynthia's lifeless body.

Eleanor opened the door to the washroom and came face to face with Bill.

"Uh, your wireless mic is still transmitting..."

© Copyright 2011 Zephaniah Kirkwood (kevlord at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780904-Last-word