*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781728-Stuck-in-Dalaran-With-no-Hearth-stone
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1781728
A Tale from the world of Azeroth.
Stuck in Dalaran with no Hearthstone.


She woke up next to the roaring fire, her heart jumping in her throat as she glimpsed the bear head staring at her in the face.
Only a rug Cillah, relax. Slowly rising to her feet she groaned at all the bottles of Silvermoon port that surrounded her and almost gagged on the aroma of freshly roasted chicken that was over the fire. What she needed was a bath and reviving tonic and not necessarily in that order.
Signally Mimbihi the barmaid she requested water to be brought upstairs and made her way gingerly over the other bodies still snoring around the fire. Looking in the mirror her face looked sunburnt, and she noticed a new piercing in her pointed left ear. Covering her face with her hands, she dreaded to find out what else she had been up to last night.
After a good soak she downed a Fel regen potion and made her way back downstairs.  What she now needed was a good feed. She helped herself to fresh trout and sweet apple and warm flatbread and washed it all down with refreshing spring water.
Of all the inns in Dalaran  she loved the coziness of The filthy Animal the best, she might not have a home but it came close. With its constant roaring fire and readily available warm food, not to mention the steady stream of people it felt like a home should feel. She felt someone sit down beside her and glanced up into the face of a huge Tauren warrior. Smiling politely she made her way for the door and decided to roam around this fair city, she had nothing to do for a couple of hours.

She called for her death charger and made her way south to the merchant quarters. She needed to work on her alchemy and the Agronomical Apothecary shop and mailbox for deliveries were close buy. It took her awhile but she had enough mats to make up a few orders for fellow guildies as well as a few random orders from other customers she had met in her travels. She really needed to get out and gather some more herbs.

She made her way to the portal garden, deciding to walk in the sunshine, the whine of her horse grating on her headache.  As usual standing on the corner at the entrance to Sunreaver sanctuary  was Ranger Vorel, she was there so often that people called it Vorels corner.

‘Well well well look who dragged herself off the floor’
‘Hi Vorel, doing something different today I see’.

Sarcastic I know but Vorel was soooo up herself, she thought she was God’s gift to men.
‘This is not all I do’. She replied swishing her long black hair over her shoulder.
‘Save it vorel, cos im no longer listening’, she threw over her shoulder as she made her way further down the road, already sick of her banter.
‘Mirrors can’t talk, lucky for you that can’t laugh either’ Vorel shouted at her retreating back.
‘Lmao seriously still using that same old line vorel, we’ve had two expansions since then’!
Shaking her head she walked into the wall. She walked into the wall? What the hell. She was Supposed to walk thru the portal to Shattrah city…she could have done it with her eyes closed. Looking around the garden she noticed that all the portals were gone. But how? What had happened? Maybe she was hung-over, panic started to rise in her stomach. Suddenly she noticed the people around her or should she say the lack of people. She hadn’t noticed earlier she had been  too absorbed in her potions and flasks, something which demanded her full attention, best not to mix some things together.
She ran back out into the street, looking up and down she noticed that no one was about, Dalaran was usually such a bustling Metropolis. Where was everyone? Maybe she was still really asleep and was dreaming.
Pinching herself hard, nope she was definitely awake.
No one was in the Filthy Animal, all the discarded bottles had been tided up just a few lying here and there. But no patrons.
Uda was standing guard at the door with her two wolves Rhukah and Nargut, they were never far from her side.
‘Uda where is everyone’? She asked the Innkeeper.
She turned to me, soft growls emanated from the wolves at her side.
‘Have you not heard child, the Cataclysm has come’.
‘Cataclysm? What cataclysm’?
‘The ground has been shaking for weeks, we have had warning’.
‘Pfft you don’t pot any stock in those stupid rumors do you? Really Uda, I would have thought someone of your standing would have had more sense really’.

Her laugh rung out loud in the virtual silence of the Inn but ended quickly as Nargut came to his feet hackles rising along his long black fur.
Easy there boy, she smiled up at Uda but it quickly faded at the serious look on the other women’s face.
‘The cataclysm has come, land and people divided. Most have survived but we live in a different time now, we must all do what we can child. Deathwing is now amongst us, fire rages and with death  lands are made new. Make your way to your people Cillah as I’m sure you assistance will be vital’.
On that parting note Uba walked to the fire her wolves silently padding behind her.
Yes she had to get home, but how? All the portals had disappeared. She rummaged in her backpack looking for her hearthstone. It would take her back to Silvermoon city, there she would seek out Lor’themar Theron and find out what the hell was going on.
She looked thru her four Imbued frost weave bags and couldn’t find it. It HAD to be in there. Emptying them on the table she sorted thru her many belongings, Vials, herbs, her healing set, she really needed to get to the bank and empty out her bags. Her hearthstone wasn’t there. It had been given to her the day she was born with instructions to never lose it. She had changed her home quite a few times depending on the need for her services, but it had never gone missing,never just disappeared.
Ok… ok… so there was obviously Some truth to the rumors that had been circulating, she had never given them much heed, there was always someone spouting about the end of Azeroth. But the disappearing portals, the lack of people and her missing hearthstone, it just didn’t add up. She had to get home.
She couldn’t buy a hearthstone here because it would just return her here, there was only one thing to do, well two if she was desperate but she had never been desperate enough to ask for the talents of a Warlock, a Mage it had to be.
Stuffing everything back into her backpack she walked up to The Bank of Dalaran. Shaking her head she couldn’t believe that she had missed the absence of people before. She stopped at Aimee’s wagon and brought a big berry pie and sweetened goat’s milk, grimacing at the inflated prices, lucky she had some money put away.
Two hours later the pie sat heavy in her stomach and real despair had sunk in. She had come across no-one. Dalaran had turned into a ghost city. In days gone by, you could barley move near the bank and the que for the mail box was legendry.  Sighing she decided to go back to the Filthy Animal, it felt safe, she would have a meal an early night and try again tomorrow.
Her heart sunk as she noticed that even at this late hour of the day the Inn was still empty.
‘Psst… over here’.  She looked around and spotted a hooded figure in the corner.
Me she pointed.
‘Yes, come here, quickly’.
‘I have seen you walk in and out all day, what troubles you’?
She couldn’t make out the face under the hood, only sparkling green eyes stared back at her.
‘I have lost my hearthstone, and am trying to get back to Silvermoon city, but all the portals have disappeared…
‘Yes yes, shh. I know this. I can help you. I am a mage’.
‘A MAGE’!
‘Yes, shh I said. She covered her face with her hands. Look I have one Rune left and I have no wish to be discovered. In this time of crisis everybody is looking for a mage. I will send you to Orgrimmar, for that is the only place I can, you will have to make your way from there.
‘Fantastic, lets go’.
‘First, payment. 100g’
‘100g! No freakin way! I have only used Mage Airlines a few times but the most I paid was 10g and I only did that because my hearth was on cool down’.
‘Times are different now my friend. If I was to leave this spot, I would be besieged by people, as it is I am going to have to go to a Reagents in darkness, as I said this is my last rune’.
‘Besieged, have you seen it out there lol.’‘
‘100g, yes or no? I don’t make the offer lightly.
Sighing she took in the room, she really had had enough, and she had to find out what had happened to her people.
‘Ok, ok. 100g it is, But its extortion and you don’t look like a Goblin to me.
The mage just bowed at her and made the necessary incantation. She stepped thru the portal, and was instantly summoned.
“I am Farseer Krogar, our world finds itself in the Grip of a terrible crisis. I call upon you to lend aid in this desperate hour. Please Cillah seek me out at once and your destiny shall be revealed.”
Destiny shall be revealed eh? Well life had gotten boring, looked like things were looking up. Well one thing could be said, she really needed to stay away from the Silvermoon Port.

But first she had to go buy a hearthstone.
© Copyright 2011 Roxy Carey (roxanne72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781728-Stuck-in-Dalaran-With-no-Hearth-stone