*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782399-Adventures-of-T-Monkey--A-Big-Girl-Bed
Rated: E · Draft · Children's · #1782399
T Monkey is growing up and the first big girl step is getting a new bed!
"Today is the day T Monkey. You get a BIG girl bed!" Mommy Monkey was very excited for T.

"And when the new baby is here, he will get the crib.", Daddy Monkey stated with a smile.

T Monkey wasn't sure about a big girl bed. She liked the crib. It fit her just right and the baby wasn't even here yet. But she sat on the couch and waited for Mommy and Daddy. Soon they were off to the store.

When they arrived T Monkey was amazed at all the beds in the store. There were big, squishy ones. There were ones with levels. There were even was that made it feel like you were on a rocking and rolling boat.

T, Mommy and Daddy walked back to the kids section and she tried out a few beds.

"This isn't so bad.", T thought and smiled.

Mommy and Daddy purchased her new bed and the delivery people promptly brought it to the house and set it up. Mommy and T had a few more things to get to make her new bed perfect. They got sheets and a blanket with stars and a moon on it. Mommy also let T pick out a new snuggly to cuddle with and a new bedtime story.

Her bed was made and it was awesome the best thing she had ever seen. Mommy and Daddy left her room and she just couldn't resist the temptation of the springy bed. She had to jump and bounce. It was practically begging her to do it. Joyfully she bounded onto the bed and bounced and giggled to her hearts content.

"T Monkey!", Mommy said sternly, "What are you doing?"

T Monkey plopped down quickly and tried to look as innocent as possible.

"T Monkey, have a bed is a big responsibility for a big girl. We do not jump on our bed, we treat it nicely."

T Monkey looked a Mommy with a frown but she understood. Mommy gave her a kiss and told her it was time to get ready for bed.

She put on her pajamas and crawled under her new covers and cuddled her new snugly. Daddy read T her new bedtime story. When he finished he gave her a big smooch and Mommy gave her a big squeeze.

T Monkey settled down and and looked at her old crib.

"Good bye crib. It is time for me to move onto bigger and better things.", T Monkey thought to herself as she smiled, rolled over and drifted off to sleep.
© Copyright 2011 mountain mama (247mama at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782399-Adventures-of-T-Monkey--A-Big-Girl-Bed