*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782611-The-Crashing-Waves
by Danja
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1782611
The Crashing Waves is a state of mind,
The Crashing Waves




I'm walking slowly now, embracing the harsh cold wind as I stare out to the open sea.
To me the Ocean looks like dreams and desires, beautiful and free forever lost to the rules and laws of man.

I don't know how many nights I've spent out by the Ocean in darkness now, waiting for the sun to slowly rise turning this black night into a blue dawn. Maybe it's the peace of mind the Ocean gives me, I watch the waves crash against the rocks, I watch the passion and anger as the water expands into nothing and slowly drifts back out to sea only to return again twice as hard not learning from it's previous mistake and actions.

The Ocean represents my feelings of love, my hopes and dreams. I'm constantly making the mistake of trusting others and seeking out love but only to hit the rocks. Like the Ocean I also break and go back into the dark abyss, only to return again hoping this time I can break on through and feel something other than defeat and loss.

Maybe that was my main problem? I saw love and friendship as something so alien and impossible to control that I would rather convince myself not to seek it at all, as I know in my hearts of hearts nothing can last forever and eventually we all have to go back into that Ocean. We come up so angry and strong willing to over come even the greatest of hards but in the end we just can't move that wall, We can't smash on through the rocks,

The blue light that surrounds me now feels so warm and beautiful, I imagine a world outside of my own mind that is beautiful and free, full of happy people doing good things. Maybe that is a silly daydream and a stupid concept but I need to believe in a world where The Crashing Waves can overcome all the odds, and if the waves can't go through the rocks there is no reason why they can't go over them.

Hours pass and the blue light becomes white clear skies now, I can hear the birds singing and I can see the Sun faintly smiling down on me and a thought suddenly occurs to me.

"It's not all that bad after all"











© Copyright 2011 Danja (danjababy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782611-The-Crashing-Waves