*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782618-The-Blow
by Holly.
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1782618
This is about what has happened recently.
Boom. It's the final straw. She doesn't know how much more disappointment she can take. The one, the very last "father" in line. He, he was the one who she was hoping to hold onto long enough to call dad. Would he earn that respect? She has lost all hope as she sits in the back of the car hearing her mother and him take blows at each other. The words have venom in them as they were spat out with force. Maybe he would not have walked off if she has not have brought up the way he punished his children of before this marriage. She dare say the words as he not mistakingly stops the car,gets out, and walks away down the drive-way she has seen for over five months now. Her mother walk;taking the back way around, she says some words her oldest daughter (Holly) tries desperately to hear but fails due to the air conditioner blazing it's roar. The child manages to turn it off as the mother (Lynn) hops into the driver seat. In a rush her youngest daughter (Chey) cries out " I didn't mean to do that! I hope he doesn't walk in front of a truck...". They reached the side of the house where Lynn drops the children off and races down the long bumpy drive-way to pick up her pissed husband. She manages to get him in the car and return him home once more. As she once again returns to that room to log on to her computer the man takes a seat on the back-porch. In wonder,Holly quietly walks to the mothers room to hear the youngest talking to mom, she has yet to comprehend what they are chatting about. She barges in the room and asks where her husband (Tracy) is, as she replied "He was on the back porch last I saw.". Although she asks, she doesn't dare check because she is not sure of what she will see. She returns to her room and writes in the dark to her diary about what has happened. Only then does she gain the strength to go and see. Holly cautiously walks through the kitchen knowing there are windows he could see her though. As she makes it to the laundry room and look out the window what she sees is nothing. Nothing at all. Only the kittens, wicker chairs, and the tables. She hides behind the island counter as she hears foot-steps creeping near. It's Tracy. She sneaks back to her room as she seems him in the refrigerator. She then comes out of her room like nothing happened to tell him that her t.v does not work on guide. After he checks that he reports that he will call Direct T.V and ask tomorrow. He heads to bed with his wife. They acts as if nothing happened. When will night end.
© Copyright 2011 Holly. (holly4111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782618-The-Blow