*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783053-Heaven
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1783053
What I want Heaven to be like.
I have seen a lot of family and friends come and go from this life and I do miss each one dearly. Young or old, there is never a "good time" to die. Some people may say, "he lived a long and full life." but I'm sure if you asked the person who was imminently dying his or her view would probably be different. I have seen people die quietly and violently, quickly and slowly, comfortably and painfully. Death is not the hard part, dying is.

I would like to think Heaven is where everyone meets up again to relive their most cherished memories with the people who have gone before them. You know the kind of memories that make you swallow hard and bring tears to your eyes that well just enough to blur your vision but not run down your face. Where Heaven is like a stage that people make their entrance into your memories as they enter Heaven. Sometimes I daydream about the past. I put my young self back on my Grandparents porch on the rocking chair rocking for hours on end for no particular reason that just being together or sitting at their small kitchen table eating buttered toast and drinking tea. I am back as a child on Christmas day when everyone in the family and extended family was all crammed into my Grandparents house for dinner. We would sit on the floor and up and down the staircase without one complaint. We would laugh and play and never fight. We were just happy to be together. I think of many of my family and friends who are long and recently gone. I miss them all so much. I thank God that I still have time to build more of those memories that I'll cherish in this life and in the next. Make a good difference in your life and someone else's. Be kind and considerate. You never know, someday you may meet again in the same place in the same memory!
© Copyright 2011 David Colton (davidcolton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783053-Heaven