*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783119-Rough-Around-The-Edges-page-1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Friendship · #1783119
Two different girls become friends when they find they have one thing in common
What you see is what you get. In Rowan's case that's not entirely true. Rowan will show you someone that doesn't care and doesn't bother to deal with people. Everyone has a thought about her and most are very wrong. In reality Rowan cares, not as much as people want her to apparently but she has feelings, and she bothers to deal with people but only the people who would understand. Sadie was the only person that fit the toll.

Sadie and Rowan have been friends since they were 10 years old. At first they didn't like each other. Sadie was the popular light eyed, light haired girl that never had so much as a wrinkle in her name brand outfit. She had so many friends-more like followers-you would've thought the whole school praised the ground she walked on. She wasn't rich but her family had enough money to have a huge 4-story house with more rooms than there are bones in an adult hand. Whereas, Rowan was the complete opposite. She was the odd dark haired, dark eyed girl that didn't have friends or name brands. She didn't have family or money. She lived with her alcoholic mother Liza and her mother's boyfriend Dimitri. He was the one with the job that earned enough income to live in the same neighborhood as Sadie. Rowan was talked bad about by Sadie and her friends and what she wore and did was ruthlessly criticized, yet Rowan never paid them any attention. She thought they were shallow and not worth wasting time on. She didn't begin to really notice until she caught Sadie crying one rainy evening. She looked so small and helpless as she sat unmoving on the swing in the neighborhood park. Rowan would've normally acted like she saw nothing and walk the opposite direction from the park but she noticed something that damn near broke her heart. Sadie looked just like Rowan on the nights that Dimitri abused her, the dead look of helplessness in her crying eyes as she sat motionless as a statue on the swing. Rowan lost control of herself as she sat on the swing next to Sadie's and held her hand while she too began to cry. They sat like that for what seemed like forever, not saying a word and not needing to. Though the moment didn't last as long as they wanted it to, that shared connection made them inseparable ever since.
© Copyright 2011 Starletta (starletta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783119-Rough-Around-The-Edges-page-1