*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1784345-Dark-CHAPTER-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Teen · #1784345
Betrayal is how life goes, but Linda doesn't want to be part of it. Revenge is her answer.
I opened my eyes to bright sunlight streaming through the thin blinds in my bedroom. I groaned as I remembered what day it was. June 9th, the first day of summer. Standing up, I pulled out my cell and checked for messages. There was one text from Macy and a voicemail from... Carolyn Masters? Why would Carolyn Masters call me? Must've been a wrong number. I thought to myself.

I pushed the "view text" button and read the following 122 characters:
Lin, i just wanna let u kno that im going w/ carolyn and u shouldnt b pissed cuz its not my fault. just chill plz? -macy


I frowned angrily and then stabbed the voicemail button. After entering the passcode and pressing "listen to message", I put the phone to my ear.

"Hey.. Um Linda? It's Carolyn Masters. I'm sure you know me, but like, I don't really know you. Macy wanted-" After this, a loud shout and a giggle sounded in the background, "Oops, I meant like... I just mean... I'm like not trying to steal your friend just sayin' that maybe you don't deserve her?" She laughed out loud at this, "Oh, and if you want to... I can offer you some weight loss advice."

My mouth fell open as I heard the robotic voice call "End of message. To delete this message press 1, to reply to this message press 2, and to save this message press 3." She did not just go there... Goodbye summer, hello revenge.

-------------------------------------------------


Welcome to Waldorf Weight Loss! The fun summer camp where teens learn how to control their weight and have a great time doing it! The camp is 8 weeks, June 15th to July 27th, of extensive training. Check in at the front gate.

I nervously ran my fingers along the rough texture of my suitcase.

"Honey, are you sure this is a good idea? We can still go back.." My mom turned slightly to look at me, her grip tightening on the steering wheel.

"Yeah Mom. I'm positive this is what I need."

"Okay, Grandma is picking you up in July... and you can call me-"

"Every week on Friday, I know mom! I'll be okay!" I managed a small smile. Our dark blue car came to a halt at what looked like a toll entrance. An older, but beautiful woman greeted us.

"Good morning ladies! Is this your first time?" We nodded and she continued, "Name please?"

"Um. Linda Carlin.." I stammered, slightly intimidated.


© Copyright 2011 Maeve Sheridan (maevesheridan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1784345-Dark-CHAPTER-2