*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786503-Malcontent
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1786503
Are all rules really ment to be broken?
There were two people. One man and one woman. The woman was wearing a simple white dress, some lace and embroidery, but not that fancy. She had long, straight blond hair, almost down to the small of her back. Her blue eyes could be seen even from this distance, bright blue eyes that looked like they could see the world all in a glance. She had fair skin, slightly pale but still more beautiful than anything one might see before. A faint aura surrounded her, with a light blue hue. She looked like an Angel, in the flesh.

The man wore more modern black jeans, slightly baggy and looked well-worn. Heavy brown work boots that were singed badly. He wore a long sleeved black shirt, with a Baltimore Ravens football jersey over that. He was slightly tanned, with black hair that was short and trimmed. His eyes were dark brown, and from this distance looked black. There was something sinister about them, something that makes one want to look away immediately. Here was the Demon.

The angel smiled and reached out to take his hands, and he returned the smile. They talk in muted voices for a few minutes. Always muted. As they talked, their smiles faded. It must have had something to do with the topic. He suddenly put his hands up to cup her chin, and leans forward to kiss her.

And so the Angel closed her eyes. She was trusting her life in the hands of a Demon. Hands that, at that moment, ran through her hair, twirling it around the fingers, before moving down to grip the back of her neck gently. Hands that send a shiver down her spine, warning her of danger, but filled her senses with an intoxicating euphoria that commanded she stay.

He pulled away from the kiss just enough to look her in the eyes. Dark, deep-set brown eyes, so dark they almost looked black, with whites as pristine as pearl. Inside, a flame danced, trapped in the glassy pupil, of freedom without free will. His hands slowly ran down her sides, tracing her figure, and giving her goose bumps. His touch only made her body crave him even more. He then wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him, and she more than happily obliged. Resting her head on his chest, she lightly wrapped her arms around his neck, to ensure he wasn't going to disappear at any moment. His right arm came up again, caressing the skin on the back of her neck before he rested his hand on the back of her head, reassuring her that he wasn't going to leave right then.

She was the one to finally break the silence.

"It will never work, Chris, they'll never let us keep it..."

She tried to keep her voice calm and steady, but it came out shaky and un-even. Tears crept into the corners of her eyes as she looked up at him. He only stared straight ahead, not making eye contact.

"They can't take what we have away from us. What we have... it can't be explained in words. No matter how many of their Codes we're breaking, it can't be undone, or broken." He'd look down at her after delivering the speech. He'd return his right arm to her waist, and smirked slightly, in a way that showed his teeth a little. The bright white was a contrast to his tanned skin. Tilting his head forward so that his forehead was touching hers, he'd look into her eyes. Her were an inverse of his. Bright blue, the whites bloodshot from the tears she had been shedding. There was something hidden inside them that he would never see. After noticing she didn't return his smile, his faded, and he continued.

"Judas, I promise you, as long as you're with me, nothing will happen. They will never be able to take you back, Or me. Even if that means-"
She stoped him there with a finger on his lips. After drying her eyes with her other hand, she spoke.

'You already know I won't let you. Stop bringing it up." Her fears were gone for the moment, and they took the tears with them. She had a look of determination set on her face. They'd had this argument many time's before.
He sighed, and took her hand in his. Then put them both over her abdomen and looked back up at her.

"You have to think for two, now."

She looked down and then back up at him.

"It's your child too." she tightened her grip on his hand.

"That's why I have to take responsibility."

She suddenly put both arms back around his neck and squeeze him tightly, closing her eyes and resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Promise me you won't leave me." She squeezed harder. "Promise me Chris." putting his arms around her, he embraced her tightly, starting to gently rub her back. He closed his eyes and put his head down to rest his chin on her shoulder. After a long moment of silence, he answered.

"I promise."
© Copyright 2011 Serphintin (serphintin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786503-Malcontent