*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787573-An-Instinct-of-Love
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Action/Adventure · #1787573
A teen love story, with twists, and many emotions.
I sat down in tears. The moment I thought would never come had came, and it came right before prom. Broken and upset, I sat down and though to myself, "Why do they choose these times? The times where everything is going right, then at the same time, so wrong?" I didn't have a date to the prom anyways. So my friend offered to take me, I remember that moment like it was moments ago. The blush on my cheeks, the smile on my face, the soft words escaping from his lips. It was the moment I've dreamt of. Crushed. Forever crushed and stuck in my mind. 


          As I sat down at the table, my eyes remained still on the cereal in front of me. "I've got to go to school, bye." I said solemnly. I had no expression whatsoever, no emotion, happiness, in my words. I didn't even look at my mother and father when I spoke. I stood up and brushed my hair over my eyes so nobody would see the redness of my eyes from the tears.
"You're not going to school. We're leaving today. So you might as well bring yourself back to the table and eat." My mother said coldly. She didn't want to leave Florida, either.
"I think I'll skip breakfast and go to school, mother. I just want to see Mark and tell him I'm sorry, and th-"
"I think you will not. Sit." My father interrupted me and pointed to my chair that was sloppily pushed under. I sat without words and slowly ate my toast. I looked at the crumbs and closed my eyes, my hair creating a brown shade from the light shining through the window. I sighed and stood up. This was the last time I's see my hometown, my friends, family, everyone.

          We sat in the car in silence, the radio was playing "Ashley" by Escape The Fate. I mumbled out the words as I looked out the window.
"You're the strength I need to fight. You're the reason I still try. I'm the moth and you're the light. Use these wings so I can fly, I can fly" My eyelids grew heavy, and I gave out and let the tiredness take over.



© Copyright 2011 Mariah Prussia (xmariahgabby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787573-An-Instinct-of-Love