*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789338-To-Love-Gorge
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1789338
Just a little short story I wrote about a girl in love.
         That night Misa didn’t go to sleep right away, she couldn’t stop thinking about Gorge. His nice flowing black hair; his secretive eyes. He was her night in shinning armor but, she could muscle up the courage to talk to him. Suddenly, the phone rang; it was her best friend Kim.

“I still can’t talk to him, Kim!” she whined to her best friend.

“Of course you can, Misa! You just have to try a little harder.”

“You think so?” Misa  asked.

“I know so, girl but, listen I need you to get me some stuff for the picnic tomorrow.” Kim replied.

“What is it?”

“I need: ice cream, blankets, baskets, chicken and chips.”

“Gotcha! Can we get back to the Gorge situation now?”  Misa asked.

“I could lend you a book call`10 Ways To Get A Guy To Notice You` it teaches you how to talk to hot guys.” Kim insisted.

“Cool, but does it really work?”

“Josie said it did and you know she‘s with Sean now.”

         Sean Doe is the captain of the football team and Josie is on the math-leets.

“Wow really?”

“Yea, she told me, and I quote `The book was like a dream! It helped me though all my problems with guys.`” Kim used her dramatic Josie voice.

Misa laughed, Kim is always so dramatic, she belongs in Theater Club. Misa was too busy thinking about Gorge, she forgot she had a Gov. test next on Monday!

“Kim! Do you know the answers to the Gov. test on Monday?” I asked.

“We have a test!?” Kim shrieked.

         Misa blamed herself for asking her in the first place, she’s never prepared for test. Kim is always the person who studies in the library the day of the test. 

“The test isn’t until 1 p.m.”  Misa tried to comfort her, so she wouldn’t go crazy. 

“Oh thanks, Misa. I gotta get to bed now, see yah at the picnic.”

“Bye.”

“Good Night.”

         “I hope this goes okay.” Misa thought.

         Misa laid her head on her pillow and tried to get some sleep. If she was going to ask Gorge out tomorrow, she needed all the sleep she could get.          

         Misa woke up early the next morning to prepare herself to talk to Gorge. She had never really had a conversation with the guy, yet she likes him so much. The first time she met him was the beginning of 8th grade year last year. She dropped her pencil in class on the first day and he picked it up for her. “That day was so magical!” she thought.

         Misa rushed to her closet and started picking out clothes. She really didn’t know what type of girl Gorge would go for. He didn’t go out with anyone for two years; she was partly responsible for that. Misa sabotaged every girl who ever liked Gorge. She put paint in a girl named Margret’s hair. She locked a girl named Tammy in the girls bathroom. She even tripped Zoey. By that time every girl knew to stay away from Gorge.

         After she went through all that trouble, Misa still didn’t have the confidence to talk to him. Starting today all of that was going to change. A new Misa was in town and she was ready to mingle. Misa pulled out a blue sundress and some white flats. She tied her blonde hair in a pony tail and curled the ends. She even put on a little eye shadow. She looked at herself in the mirror.

“Gorge, here I come!” Misa shouted.

         Misa stomped down the stairs and grabbed the things Kim asked her to bring. She packed her purse, got on her bike and rode down the street to the picnic.
© Copyright 2011 Mrs. Populatery (supergirl23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789338-To-Love-Gorge