*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789373-Lesson-6---Writing-Assignment
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1789373
A scene with nothing but dialogue without tags.
“Are these your grandchildren, Ma’am?”

“Oh, yes, a handful sometimes.”

“Their mom must really appreciate the free time you give her.”

“I’m afraid their mom has gone away for awhile. D-R-U-G- S.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pry.”

“That’s okay. It’s old news now. We’ve been for a visit. David, Mia, say hello to the nice lady.”

“Lo.”

“Hello. And I know what that means, Nani.”

“Well, Mia, we’ll just keep it under our hats for the time being. We wouldn’t want to upset the apple cart, would we?”

“No, Nani.”

“I notice you’re married. Do you have children?”

“Uh, yes, a boy and girl about your grandchildren’s ages. They’re with my husband.”

“And you’re going on a trip?”

“Yes, a trip. I just need some time for myself.”

“I see. Life can get hectic and complicated sometimes. I’m thankful I live close by and can keep my little grandbabies in my girl’s time of need. You must have a very understanding husband.”

“He doesn’t exactly know about it yet.”

“You mean you’re leaving him and your babies without a word?”

“You don’t understand. We have other problems.”

“Honey, nothing can explain a loving mother leaving her children. You need to go talk to that husband of yours and tell him what’s bothering you. Do you think your kids will ever forgive you if you leave them?”
© Copyright 2011 Happy 2024! (biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789373-Lesson-6---Writing-Assignment