*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789839-No-title-sample-story
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Drama · #1789839
Just a short sample of the beginning of the first chapter. I will write more
"Hey, Riki! Come here!" My boss, Spider (the only name he went by) yelled from the office across the yard. I dropped the parts I was organizing and weaved my way through the piles of junk. Before I opened the door to office I wiped my dirty hands on the already filthy rag I had in the pocket of my worn out jeans.
Spider was lounging on the worn out couch that took up a full wall of the small shack. He was a big man, six foot eight inches and weighing around 250 pounds. His leathery tan skin and chest length black-gray beard gave him an unapproachable look. "There you are!" The huge smile that was almost constant took its place on his face. "I have your pay for this week. Oh and all the guys are gone so you can shower now."
"Thanks!" I smiled as he handed me the money, which I immediately put in my backpack, then turned and walked outside to the 'shower', which was really just a small shed with a hose hanging over head.
I cleaned off and used the small bottles of shampoo and conditioner to wash my sandy blonde hair. When I was done I threw on the white, oversized, off the shoulder shirt and gray skinny jeans I had in my backpack then left the junkyard.
It was about four o'clock and I was getting hungry so I chose to take the long way home so I could get dinner at the peir. Sadly, this ment going through the wealthy part of town. The pier was the closest place with things and food I could afford, the rest of town was too highclass and expensive. Most of the things I had were second hand or things I had kept from before my parents had died.
~~~~~~~~~
Please please tell me what you think.
© Copyright 2011 S. M. Smith (punkychickxd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789839-No-title-sample-story