*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790903-Edos
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1790903
A mysterious lost town which has a strange power over those who discover it.
Edos

2010
A deserted town, its ruins selectively sprinkled along the countryside. The remains of a once-thriving society half concealed under the growing fields. The crumbling buildings are the only evidence that this town ever existed, Edos.

A forest curves around the left side of the town, drawing a shadow insistently over the collected buildings each day, sunlight peeking through the trees for only a few hours each morning.

There is now only one lonely road starting at the edge of the forest and arcing through the leftovers of the town, dust settles and resettles along it at every wisp of a breeze. The explanation of the sudden extinction of Edos is still unknown to the modern population, its very location seemingly lost in the folds of maps. The only time Edos’ hopelessly beautiful atmosphere is admired is when some lucky trampers stumble across it by accident while trying to navigate the almighty Ranges. Their eyes scouring its emptiness for signs that could possibly help them get back on the right trail. They always give up, the heavy feeling of secrecy mystifying them and practically pushing them back into the safe ambience of the forest, until the darkness of the trees swallows them up and then and only then can the overwhelming mood of Edos no longer control them.
© Copyright 2011 OliviaDavison (ojdavison at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790903-Edos