*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791251-Blood-of-the-Golden-Ring-Part-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Fantasy · #1791251
The story that will not be forgotten. The Blood that will be shed.
Property of:

M. H. PHYU

Copyright 2011


Blood of the Golden Ring
©

by



M.H.Phyu



















mikephyu@hotmail.com
571-291-0440

First draft








FADE IN:

A CARRIER PIGEON soars in the sky. Crossing the wide river underneath, it tucks in the wings to swoop down at maximum speed, and exits the frame.

WEATHERSHOT OF A LANDSCAPE

SUPER OVER SCENE: HAGARI, WESTERN CONTINENT

Flying over the wheat fields of the city’s outskirt, the bird continues its journey. Far ahead in a distance is a city waiting for its messenger.

INT: PIGEON LOFT – HOMING COMMAND -DAY

An attendant is inside the loft feeding pigeons when he sees the messenger entering the loft. He rushes to the bird to retrieve the message secured on its leg.

EXT: SHALLOW RIVER BEND -DAY

A man in thirties, well built, hard face with gangly attitude stands in the shallow water, fishing.

B.G on the river bank is a rider at full gallop coming toward the fisherman.

The man continues fishing despite getting jarred by galloping sounds.

RIVER BANK

The rider reins his horse by the water.

RIDER
Commander!

Without turning to the voice, fisherman replies.

FISHERMAN
What is it?

RIDER
General of the Republic is at Long
Port and asking to meet with you.

Fisherman is the late thirties-years-old Commander SEVIL.
SEVIL
You may dismiss.

The messenger leaves the scene. Commander resumes fishing.

EXT: CEMETERY –NIGHT

Foggy night overwhelms this remote cemetery. Old and abandoned as it had over crowded with too many shrubs and trees that took over the landscape long ago.

Over these numerous old graveyards, a thin layer of fog hovers. It begins to swirl with a night wind flowing pass through.

EXT: OUTSIDE CEMETERY –NIGHT

A WHITE OWL- rests on the half fallen hanging sign that says,

“West Land Cemetery”

…and it flies away after sensing the danger coming into the area.

Storming out of exit of this old cemetery is a little BOY having the fastest run of his life.

WE ARE RUNNING behind him… we can hear him panting for as much air as he can grasp into the lungs….

Panic and fear on his face. Being chased by-

(Sounds of Galloping Creatures) follow him behind.

EXT: PATH OUTSIDE CEMETERY –NIGHT

TALL GRASSES ALONG THE EDGE OF PATH – spur up angrily from the rushing wind of some creatures’ speeding feet.

BIRD’S EYE VIEW:

Black hooded figures, riding the GIANT MOUNTAIN WOLVES rage on the path leading to the cemetery.

SUPER OVER SCENE: Studio Name

SUPER OVER SCENE: Production Company Name

EXT: DOWNHILL SLOPE -NIGHT

The boy slides down the hill, brushing dirt, leaves, and broken branches on his way down.

EXT: UNDER WOODEN BRIDGE -NIGHT

Quite dark under the bridge.

Black hooded figure- lands hard onto the flat rocks, and rushes toward the bushes under the bridge.

Something bursts out from the bushes…. and flees to the other side of the bridge. It’s that boy in desperate need of escape, but there’s no luck for him.

Another black figure….jumps down from above the bridge to block his escape path. The boy still insists to run, but he’s taken into the arms of the figure. Busted!!

EXT: JUNGLE PATH –NIGHT

OPENING CREDITS

Eight mounted combat units, the black hooded figures stand by behind their two leaders dressed differently in RED cloaks. Without their hoods, their faces are easily seen. They are humans, but their skins are bleached pale.

They are ORDERS OF THE REPUBLIC.

One of the leaders impatiently approaches the boy in custody. He snatches the boy’s hand to look at…

A TATTOO-like birth mark on the boy’s FOREARM.

The leader turns hard to his partner.

ORDERS #1
It’s not him!

The other Order turns his wolf mount.

ORDERS #2
All right. Let’s move out!

Order #1 looks at the frightened kid, turns away, and leaps onto his ride. The black figures push the boy away from them since he’s no use for them.

The boy is exhausted. He falls onto the ground, seeing the creatures leaving him that he’ll never forget for the rest of his life.

EXT: CLOUDY SKY –DAY

We are in the sky above the thick dark clouds. Suddenly, a group of aerial troops riding colossal DRAGONS cut across the frame, and race on.

EXT: HARBOR - CONTINOUS

Workers are busy unloading containers from a big ship docked at the bay.

SKY

The dragon-mounts fly over the harbor.

CUT TO:

A SIGN- “Long Port Bar & Resort”

INT: LONG PORT BAR & RESORT –DAY

Fully equipped pervasive security troops occupy the dining floor. Commander Sevil enters the bar with his own guards.

INT: LONG PORT BAR & RESORT/UPSTAIRS LOUNGE –DAY

Commander Sevil enters to meet a craggy and chunky MAN lounging the steamy meals.

Two creatures guard their boss from a healthy distance.

Big man halts the lunch, and studies the Commander.

BIG MAN
You must be the mighty reporting
Commander of the west…..nice food
over here commander.

Irritated, Sevil stares at him.

BIG MAN
I should come here more often.

SEVIL
What’re you doing on my land?

BIG MAN
Is this how you treat your
visitors?

SEVIL
You have a lot of guts to be here.

BIG MAN
(smiling)
Humans.

He wipes off his hands with a napkin, discard it and stand up firmly.

BIG MAN
My name is Araton…I’m the Commanding
General of Orders of the Republic
Army, and I’m here to lead an
objective of capturing a very
dangerous convict on this continent
….and I need you to stay out of our
way.

SEVIL
We don’t permit anyone carry out
their objectives, or to exercise
their force. If you give us a
good description, we will handle
this outlaw…any..

GENERAL ARATON
(interrupting)
I wasn’t asking your permission…
and the Republic doesn’t usually
work with humans, so you can forget
the cooperation rights.

SEVIL
What kind of a General cross the
world to arrest a convict? Is this
an invasion?…because we will defend.
We will declare war.

GENERAL ARATON
No one is invading….like I said…we
are here to arrest a convict who belongs
to us…just let us do our job and no one
will get hurt…..

SEVIL
Go ahead and try using your forces
here. I swear I will cut every inch
of you if you touch our people.

GENERAL ARATON
Very sure you will.

Commander exits the lounge. The meeting is over.

INT: CABIN –NIGHT

An OIL LAMP- gets knocked over by a BODY falling onto it, and that terminates the given light.

We are taken into complete darkness.

(Sound of tumbling objects)

FLAMES ignite the cabin. Not from the accidental fire from an oil lamp, but from a standing creature holding the FIRERY SWORD.

A middle aged man is beaten down to the floor….scooped up from his blood stained collar by another big creature.

Tall…husky…furry…and the creatures have long horns. They are TAURENS. Ruthless hunters from the Orders of the Republic.

The tauren smacks the man’s face.

TAUREN
(agonized)
You gave us the wrong boy!

BEATEN MAN
I don’t know…that’s the only boy
I know with forearm mark…

Tauren gives another hard hit on the man to give a broken nose to bleed all over his linen shirt.

TAUREN
(hitting the man)
You’re lying!!!

BEATEN MAN
(murmuring)
Please…..I really don’t know…

GROUND LEVEL:

(SOUND of HEAVY FOOTSTEPS)----LEATHER BOOTS- come into frame, and steadily approach the legs of a beaten man.

The beaten man is scared to death…as he sees the hooded figure fully covered in leather armor is getting closer to his face.

We cannot see the face as we are looking from his right angle.

FIGURE (WOMAN’S VOICE)
Hold his head.

The tauren holds the man’s head. The man struggles.

BEATEN MAN
No…..no…!! What are you doing?

The figure lays her palm on the man’s head….

Entire central nervous system of the man gets shut down in a split second……paralyzing the body as the figure searches for clues from the man’s memory for a few seconds, then it removes the palm.

The man collapses…face SMASHING the cabin floor….lifeless.

The figure turns away from the dead body, and informs the Tauren hunter.

FIGURE
He wasn’t lying.

FADE OUT TO BLACK:

(SOUND of Water current)

FADE IN:

EXT: RIVER –DAY

Moderate water current flowing under afternoon sun. A PIECE OF WOOD is drifting with the current. Going…going and it gets stuck at the decaying branches deposited by the river bank.

CAMERA SLOWLY MOVE UP

A young boy, carrying an empty small basket strolls along the road by the river alone.

EXT: WELL- UNDER WATER - DAY

CALM WATER SURFACE of the well- suddenly bombarded by a WOODEN bucket dropping, and splashing through. Scooping out full of water.

EXT: WELL –DAY

The little boy is washing the vegetables with the water he got from the well. The veggies’ basket is next to him. He sets aside the cleaned cabbages, grabs a big potato from the basket, and begins the washing process.

WEATHER SHOT:

Impregnable structure lies on top of the stairs, the TEMPLE OF DIVINE.

EXT: STAIRWAY TO TEMPLE –DUSK

LAW is eleven-years-old energetic, slender, and charming boy.

He’s going up the stairs rapidly. On his back, he carries the clean vegetables in a woven basket. Almost running up those stairs, he seems to be late for some occasion.

THREE young boys race down the steps, tackling each other and they see Law.

YOUNG BOY
(yelling)
We are the Interceptors…and we will
intercept…
(beat)
A Veggie Boy!!

Boys laugh at their friend’s taunt. One of the boys takes out tomatoes from Law’s basket, tosses in the air…and kicks them away.

YOUNG BOY #2
And his secret tomatoes!!!

LAW
Hey….hey….stop!!

Law tries to protect his basket seriously from the playful kids. They are satisfied with the mock, and continue their way to down the stairs, laughing and kicking some of the tomatoes into the BAMBOO TREES by the stairway.

INT: MAIN KITCHEN –NIGHT

Rush hour in a busy kitchen. It’s full of cooks, assistant cooks, and helpers preparing their meals.

Law enters the kitchen. One of the cooks sees him.

COOK
(yells)
Hey guys! Law’s here!

Another cook overheard that, and turns to the boy.

COOK #2
(to Law)
Come here! We need some more
tomatoes! How many did you get?

Law gazes at some tomatoes in his basket. Total of THREE.

EXT: UNDER THE TREE –EARLY MORINING

A class of boys and girls gather around their teacher studying a music lesson under a beautiful large tree. Its long grown branches are the roof of this class.

The teacher is an old man playing a wooden antique instrument which looks like a flute. His students are intrigued by his talent. All eyes are on the old man.

B.G:

Dredging his feet, Law heads to the stairs leading downhill from the main temple. Carrying the same old basket on his back, he’s on the mission for veggies hunt again.

The path lies next to the big tree where the music class is. He passes by the students after pausing for a few seconds to observe the lesson.

EXT: SKY –DAY

A flock of HAWKS flying over the landscape……and one by one, they begin to separate from the group.

SKY -OVER VILLAGE

Single hawk nose-dives into the village.

EXT: KUZONME VILLAGE –NIGHT

A few families gather around the bon fire. So as their children having a good time playing around them.

Behind them….on one of the tree branch is a….bird…a HAWK…looking at the kids with its eyes…focusing where the children go.

Another hawk lands on a distant branch…its partner glances- their eyes meet…and both fly toward a tree closer to the running children… spying each movements of the kids.

EXT: KUZONME VILLAGE –HOURS LATER

The night sky is showing off its spectacular midnight show over the sleeping village. Thin layers of smoke still swirl around the dead bonfire. The peace is ended by…

(SOUNDS of Galloping creatures)

VILLAGE ENTRANCE GATE- is closed and shut, but it is breached…broken and RAMMED down by raging HEAVY ARMORED ENORMOUS MOUNTAIN WOLVES carrying hooded figures, the Orders.

EXT: KUZONME VILLAGE –MOMENTS LATER

Villagers are lined up on their knees. TWO LINES…One consist of men, women, elderly, kids, and the other line is just YOUNG BOYS. All on their knees facing---

General Araton observing the children from his heavy armored WOLF MOUNT. His troops standby behind.

GENERAL ARATON
Is this all the children??

His question is answered by a SCREAM of another young boy. Two creatures in black cloth armors are towing the last boy to the General. Araton dismounts, and approaches the cluster of frightened BOYS. Then, gives a motion to the creature.

The creature uncovers the hood…revealing his smoked colored skin. He is LIEUTENANT SAUDAKK. He steps to the nearest boy….grabs the FOREARM….and lift up the boy’s linen sleeve. Nothing. He goes to the next boy, and does the same thing. Nothing on the forearm again. He continues to the next one.

General Araton is shadowing behind his man, watching, waiting, and hoping to find what he wants. What he came here for.

They check every boy’s forearm. The boy they’re looking for isn’t here. General asks Saudakk.

GENERAL ARATON
How far is the next village?

SAUDAKK
About half a night.

GENERAL ARATON
(satisfied)
Very nice.

He orders the troops.

GENERAL ARATON
Let’s go boys!!

SERIES OF SHOTS:

EXT: VILLAGE – NIGHT

General is repeating the same task. Searching for the prey.

ANOTHER VILLAGE -DAY

Another raid of General and his troops on families of village farmers.

HALLWAY

Dozens of young boys are on their knees, being inspected by Lt.Saudakk.

CUT TO:

A BIG WOODEN DOOR

---opened by half asleep PRINCE JAHNN of NAZADINE, in his bed hair. He rubs his eyes…widen them…tries to wake up. Young, artful, tall, and slender prince charming smiles at us.

PRINCE JAHNN
Come in.

INT: PRINCE’S CHAMBER- EARLY MORNING

An OLD MAN in late SIXTIES, frail, clever, long tied silvered-hair comes into the room. He is COUNSELOR NAROBIE.

Large wealthy canopy couch and wooden coffee table are placed by the closed SILK curtains of the bed chamber.

PRINCE JAHNN
I’ll be right back. Take a seat
counselor.

Counselor sits down. Prince disappears into the curtains….then we hear INDISTINCT WHISPERS coming from behind the closed curtains….and a few seconds later Prince comes out with….

A beautiful young woman covered in silk night gown. She carries her clothes while Prince walks her to the door. They exchange smiles and kisses before the separation. Prince comes back to the chair. The Counselor stands up to deliver the message.

PRINCE JAHNN
The youngest daughter of King Liden.
Very wild girl…..anyway…go ahead.

COUNSELOR NAROBIE
We know what Orders are chasing for,
it’s a boy. It’s a ten-years-old boy.
Maybe eleven.

PRINCE JAHNN
A boy? Who is he?

COUNSELOR NAROBIE
That’s still unknown. They raided
multiple villages at the northern
shoreline. Looking for him.

PRINCE JAHNN
They raided!!?? What do you mean?
They attacked our villages?

COUNSELOR NAROBIE
Let me rephrase my Prince…they
searched. They searched villages….
no one was harmed, still I wouldn’t
call it a raid.

Prince takes a brief moment.

PRINCE JAHNN
Prepare the parliament assembly. Make
it happen by tomorrow.

COUNSELOR NAROBIE
Will do. Pardon me.

Narobie walks to an exit.

PRINCE JAHNN
Counselor.

Narobie turns.

PRINCE JAHNN
Can you send the room service on your
way out…I’m starving for breakfast.

Counselor nods, and leaves the Prince’s chamber.

EXT: SKY –DAY

FOUR hawks soar above a forest…and closing onto a structure on top of a hill top. It’s Temple of Divine.

One of the hawks departs from the group, and plummets into the deep forest next to the Temple.

EXT: TERRACE -NIGHT

Magnificent view of the gleaming harbor can be seen from the terrace….

….The bird’s legs swoop across the frame---landing onto the terrace…..

TRACKING WITH THE LEGS as they TRANSFORM INTO HUMAN’S LEGS-IN LEATHER BOOTS.

THE BOOTS touch down.

CAMERA SLOWLY MOVE UP TO REVEAL:

Tall…husky… BLACK cloth armor. Before his face reveals, we are taken to…

INT: LOUNGE –NIGHT

General Araton chugs down the last bit of an ale, and puts down the mug on the counter. The finest bottles of wines and ales are fully available on the shelves behind the counter. He turns to see…

The sturdy Lieutenant SAUDAKK in BLACK cloth armor.

SAUDAKK
You might wanna see this General.

He opens his palm…releasing a small burnishing ball which changes color from green to ruby red.

GENERAL ARATAON
Where is this?

SAUDAKK
It’s a temple.

GENERAL ARATAON
A temple? They have temple kids…
We must leave now.

EXT: MAIN GATE -TEMPLE OF DIVINE-–NIGHT

TATTO-like BIRTHMARKS on a FOREARM…igniting..

A FLAME- being transferred onto the wick of the candelabra.

It’s Law lighting up the last candle stick by the main gate big wooden door. He extinguishes the short candle, and heads back to the temple.

VOICE whispers from the other side of the wall.

It draws his attention to the direction of the voice.

GIRL (O.S)
(whispering)
Hey….over here.

He looks around, but has not a clue.

GIRL (O.S)
Over here…..you see me?

He finally sees the eyes through a crack on the wall.

GIRL
Can you let me in from the back
door please?

Law approaches the wall.

LAW
Did you get locked out? Why are
you outside?

GIRL
I’ll tell you in a minute….can you
go to backdoor and meet me there?

LAW
All right.

EXT: BACKDOOR –TEMPLE OF DIVINE-NIGHT

Law opens the door for a very pretty young girl about his age.

PRETTY GIRL
Thanks.

She offers a handshake.

PRETTY GIRL
I’m Lily.

Law grabs her hand.

LAW
I’m Law.

A FIGURE appears behind Law…hitting two pressure points behind his neck. Law’s smiling face is shut down and eyes begin to droop, then he falls onto Lily.

LAW’S P.OV: (BLURRING GRADUALLY)

Lily catching him as he falls, and a BLACK figure looking at him.

QUICK CUTS:

Law rinsing off the dirt from cabbage.

Feeding his lunch, the bread crumbs to fishes in a stream.

Three kids bullying with his tomatoes by temple stairway.

Law igniting the candelabras.

Him shaking her hand….

END OF CUTS:

STAIRWAY

(SOUND of footsteps)….then ACROSS THE FRAME:
BOOTS AFTER BOOTS…SPRINTING UP THE STEPS.

WIDEN TO REVEAL:

EXT: STAIRWAY TO TEMPLE -DAWN

General Araton’s troops marching up the stairway to the temple. More MOUNTED troops are arriving at the base of the stairway.

INT: MAIN HALL/TEMPLE OF DIVINE- MOMENTS LATER

People are lined up. Temple Master Talon is among them. The same procedures of the General. Identity check is taken seriously, and General Araton arrives on his wolf mount, careens into the hall.

He surveys the scene. The troops are still searching for the mark on the boys’ hands. He doesn’t like the current result.

MASTER TALON
(madly to Araton)
This is outrage!!! I don’t know who
you are but do you know what this
place is? It’s a Temple! A learning
place! You have no rights to be here!

General dismounts, and approaches the Temple master.

GENERAL ARATON
What is right, and what is wrong is
None of my concern.
(beat) (stepping closer to Talon)
Where is the boy with marks on his
hand?

MASTER TALON
I’ve never heard such a thing.

GENERAL ARATON
You’re a very bad lying priest….
there’re two kinds of people I hate
the most. People who lie…..and
people who lie to me.

He gives a punishing punch to the stomach of Master Talon. Talon falls onto his knees, coughing in pain. Araton bends down to pull Talon’s face closer, and quizzes again.

GENERAL ARATON
Where is the boy? I will burn this
place down to find him.

Talon looks around. He doesn’t know what to do, or what to say. Everyone is looking at him. Waiting for his answer.

MASTER TALON
Please leave us alone. I beg you.
Whoever you are looking for is not
here.

General gets aggravated, yells, and swing his right leg onto the ribs of Talon. The old man doubles over a few yards away, wheezing. Some students rush to their master.

GENERAL ARATON
(to Lt.Saudakk behind him)
Burn it down!!

A young student boy next to Talon yells at the General.

YOUNG STUDENT
(furiously)
He probably went veggie picking.
That’s his job!!! Leave us alone!!

General takes a step closer to the boy.

GENERAL ARATON
What’s your name boy?

YOUNG STUDENT
Erenil.

GENERAL ARATON
Alright Erenil. Do you know who I am?

Erenil doesn’t answer.

GENERAL ARATON
I’m the bad monster from your nightmares.
Do you know what the bad monster does to
the liars?

The boy looks away, but Araton grabs his shirt forcing him to keep looking.

GENERAL ARATON
He burns their homes down, and he loves
doing it.
(signaling his troops)
I want three teams…split search. Go!!

INT: LAW’S BEDROOM –DAWN

A small single bed. Next to it is an empty woven basket----being sniffed by WILD DOGS. Sniffing everywhere.

EXT: TEMPLE/MAIN GATE

TEMPLE’S P.O.V: HOWLING…BARKING….WHINING sounds fill in….then INTO FRAME – a horde of wild dogs storm out of the gate…followed by the wolf-mounted Orders. The hunt is on!

EXT: RIVER BANK –EARLY MORNING

Ubiquitous wild dogs roam by the river bank, barking at the river as their prey had gotten away across the waters.

A good amount of Orders arrive on their wolf-mounts. Over their heads, a flock of HAWKS flies by, heading out to the river.

EXT: RIVER –MORNING

Heavenly morning sky is filled with pinky rays from awake of the sun over thick clouds. In strong currents of the river is a lone ferry, voyaging very slowly.

EXT: FERRY BOAT -CONTIONUS

Law wakes up in a state of confusion. He’s not sure whether he’s in a dream, or uncertain reality. He looks around to see the environment he’s in. After realizing he’s on a moving vessel, then seeing the empty sky above, and open sea….he begins to VOMIT.

LILY (O.S)
Never been on a boat?

He turns to see Lily laughing at him. He hastens pulling up the pants, and winces off the lips.

LAW
(frenzy)
What’s going on?! Who are you?!

Lily stares at him.

LAW
Where am I? What did you do to me??!!

LILY
Whoa! Too many questions! Where
do I start? Let’s start with…Who I
am…remember? We’ve met…my name’s Lily…
and where you are….hmm…you’re on a
boat…in a river…heading west.

A grumpy old man, a SKIPPER appears behind Lily.

SKIPPER
Did he just puke on my boat?

Lily nods.

LILY
I’ll make sure he cleans it up.

Old man gazes at Law.

LILY
How much do we owe you sir?

SKIPPER
Six gallos. If he mops up the floor…
five gallos.

Lily hands him a few coins.

LILY
Sure…..here’s five.

Skipper receives the coins.

SKIPPER
A mop is down stairs.

Skipper takes out a cheroot, and lights it up.

SKIPPER
(pointing)
Look we’re almost there.

He points at the tiny glowing light from the beacon ahead on the shore, and leaves the scene.

LILY
You gonna get a mop?

LAW
No! Not until you tell me what’s
going on…why am I on a boat? Did
you bring me here?!

LILY
Are you going to clean it or not?

LAW
Maybe I will…maybe I won’t.

They both look at the vomit between them.

YOUNG MAN (O.S)
You’re coming with us to Covina.

Tall, slender, cool teenage boy jars the conversation, appearing into the frame. Lily introduces him to Law.

LILY
Law….this is my brother Zay.

LAW
I think this is a misunderstanding…
I’ve heard of some rich kids get being
kidnapped by some pirates in the sea…
the thing is I’m just a kitchen helper.
You probably have the wrong person.

LILY
(smiling)
I’m going to get a mop.

Lily leaves the scene.

UPPER DECK

Skipper old man begins to enjoy the sunrise. Sipping a small shiny metal flask, smoking, worst of all… he starts singing with his terrible voice.

Zay looks back at the river to check if any threat was following.

ZAY’S P.O.V:

Nothing in the river. No one is following them.

ZAY
(looking at skipper)
I hope we don’t crash into the
harbor.

EXT: HARBOR

A single burning beacon illuminates the entire harbor. The pier is visible now.

EXT: FERRY BOAT

Lily brings a mop, looking at the awful entertaining skipper.

LILY
(to herself)
I’ll give him six gallos if he stops
singing now.

Zay turns to look at the guy killing them with a voice. His eyes widened to see……

TWO HAWKS diving toward the ferry….TRANSFORMING into Orders.

ZAY
(yells)
Lily!!!

One of the Orders sends out a deadly flying item to Law, but thirsty aluminum misses him just by a few inches. Law is shocked….zoning out at the dagger landed next to his right foot.

ZAY
(to Lily)
Cover him!!

Lily quickly clasps Law, and runs down to the belly of the boat.

LOWER DECK:
Two more Orders spies plummet onto the lower deck. Now, a total of four on the ferry, and BAMMMM!!!

UPPER DECK:
One of the spies gets whacked, and tumbles onto the lower deck. Behind him is a skipper old man standing with a big long hammer in his hand, and a cheroot hanging onto his lips.

SKIPPER
(furiously)
No one rides without paying!!

Spy#2 reacts by sending out a flying dagger toward the skipper. It goes through his chest, felling him to the floor. Face down. Dead!

Zay moves in a lighting speed. He charges toward SPY#2. So fast, we can only see the color of his shirt flashing through air until…his flying body collides into SPY#2…sending him out into the air away from the boat…and SPLASHHH!....into the river.

Zay is on the rail…turns just in time to dodge another flying dagger which misses his head a few inches away. He leaps onto the lower deck…landing next to SPY#1...

The unmanned boat is heading straight to the pier…about to crash.

Zay dodges the flickering blade of SPY#1…grabs the arm….bends it…and breaks it. The spy drops down holding his arm, crying in pain. The last two spies empty their sheaths, and surround Zay. They have lost their confidence to the kid….planning for their next strike.

B.G is Lily and Law peeping out from the staircase.

COLLISON…CRAKKKKK! The boat rams into pier….SPY#3 looks up to see a stack of vats falling directly onto him. Zay takes this opportunity to wipe the remaining threat. The last one is caught off-guard.

Zay picks up skipper’s long hammer, and then BAMMMM!. He swings with all the momentum…smashing the SPY#4 who hurls into the barrels.

ZAY
(to Lily and Law)
Come!

They have to jump off into the water, and swim to harbor since the boat is not docked properly. So, they do. Law is the last one to jump, but...

LAW
I can’t swim!!

Zay turns and swims back to Law.

ZAY
I got you man…come on!!

Law closes his nose and eyes….then jump.

EXT: HARBOR –LATER

Lily is squeezing out the water from her clothes. Law is struggling to climb onto the harbor. Lily runs to give a hand.

LILY
Still want to go back to the Temple?

EXT: FOREST –DAY

A BABY DEER IS FOLLOWING ITS MOTHER CLOSELY…..MOM HEARS SOMETHING….SHE PAUSES…THEN RUNS AWAY…THE BABY CHASES BEHIND.

Mom is always right, because we can now hear the footsteps CRUSHING over the branches.
Zay is clearing the branches, making the way, and leading the way. Two kids trail him.

SERIES OF SHOTS:

The Three Musketeers are in full speed…running across the fields of Hagari’s landscape.

Then, all running in a forest again.

Muddy splashes are made while they hurtle over the swamps.

Zay and Law climbing over the fences by the farms.

END OF SHOTS:

EXT: HILL –DAY

It’s almost sunset. Zay and Law are ahead of Lily, racing up the hill. Zay turns, and wait for Lily.

LAW
(to Zay)
Your sister needs a rest.

Zay gives a creepy look at Law.

LAW
I think.

ZAY
Lily….you need a break?

LILY
(panting)
I’m okay.
ZAY
We’re almost at the next town. Can
you keep up?

LILY
Sure.

INT: PALACE– WAR ROOM

SUPER OVER SCENE: NAZADINE PALACE – WAR ROOM

Prince Jahnn is surrounded by many parliament members, tribe leaders, and military officials. Oval-shape parliamentary hall with silk covered cushions surrounding a central stage.

Some disgruntled tribe leaders are out of their seats. Being very frustrated, UP ROARING at the Prince.

PRINCE JAHNN
Gentlemen!!! Please calm down!!

TRIBE LEADER
I will calm down when my village is
in peace.

All other tribe leaders agree with that. They taunt at the prince.

PRINCE JAHNN
(furiously)
Gentlemen!!!

After an outrageous scream of prince, all voices fade out.

PRINCE JAHNN
You are all acting like little kids.

He surveys the crowd. He has their attention now.

PRINCE JAHNN
Whatever the reason they are here for.
I don’t like it. I’m no other man who
differs from you. This is my land…my
home, and so as yours.
(beat)
Let’s gather ourselves.

He turns to counserlor Narobie.

PRINCE JAHNN
Counselor. What are the options?

COUNSELOR NAROBIE
Just as Commader Sevil mentioned,
Orders are the most difficult empire
to work with. They have no policies…
they don’t cooperate. There’s no
diplomatic advise.
The choice of using military is upon
you…but remember…we’re still recovering
from civil war.

GENERAL HAO, late fifties, tall and husky man sits up.

GENERAL HAO
Economically, we are. But through
these years, our army is almost tripled.
The new weapons we bought from the
Gnomes are lethal enough for their
defense systems.

PRINCE JAHNN
What if they plan to attack first?
They’ve been colonizing the whole
Eastern continent. Maybe they’ve
finally decided to attack the West.
Maybe they ain’t chasing the boy.
They’re chasing us.

Commander Sevil takes an opportunity to speak, but cutting off the prince.

SEVIL
My Lord. May I speak?

Prince gives him a go-ahead gesture.

SEVIL
They are not here for the land.
They’re only here for the boy…does
anyone remember the great revenge
of the leader of Orders, witch
Hagio?

GENERAL HAO
As much as I know, the witch
killed the whole royal family of
Damara after her release in an
exchange of the imprisoned prince.

SEVIL
Yes, and there was a rumor saying
that the baby got away and survived
the slaughter.

PRINCE JAHNN
Well gentlemen. Someone…somehow
the fire had started. Now, take
every breath as an opportunity to
try much harder to extinguish it.
(beat)
I will not let this flame burn down
this land. Not on my watch. They
can NOT! And they will NOT bring
their crimes onto my land.

He gets interrupted because a royal guard storms into the hall. Everyone awaits while the guard inhales all the air he can, and the sweaty guard delivers the message that made him to disturb the nation’s most important person.

MESSENGER GUARD
(panting)
Our nation is under attack my Lord!
They burned down the temple of
Divine!
© Copyright 2011 M.H.Phyu (mhphyu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791251-Blood-of-the-Golden-Ring-Part-I