*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791706-Letters
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1791706
Sometimes someones letter may change another's life.....
Judd opened his eyes.It is 9 am.The nurse came in and said good morning and went towards the window.She opened the window.Judd was sleepng for a long time,He touched his forehead and felt his bandage."you had a narrow escape from death"the nurse said smiling at him."I wish I was dead!"Judd thought."who brought me here?"Judd asked the nurse curiously.'Um...sorry i don't know"the nurse said apologetically.

'uh ..okay"

"your breakfast will be here in minutes.and...do you need me to help you,,,?? take you bathroom??"

"no..I won't be needing that"

"ok then I am  going out. You make yourself clean"the nurse went out.

Judd was looking at her.She didn't look like Alex.His Alex.Infact no girl in the world looked like her..Why?She was an angel.His Angel who left him making his life like a hell.It has become like an  empty hell.Judd tired to get out of this hell but  failed.

Judd moved the sheet from his legs and moved his legs.He felt pain in the leg.He wore the slipper kept under his bed and headed towards the bathroom.The nurse came.

"you havent gone to bathroom yet!?"

"sorry ..a bit late i will take some seconds"

"ok I m waiting.."

She fixed the table and placed the breakfasts and made the bed.There was a letter under the pillow folded.She unfolded it and saw cursive  writing with the preamble as"my heart is wounded but I can't wound your heart so I need to leave..To judd ...please remove all my letters you have and burn them...dont let anything hurt you...I m sorry ...."

'Hey thanks'judd said smiling at her.

'its ready...Judd mathews right?'

'yeah and..whats your name?'

'Kate"

Kate Angeli' Kate added 'anyway take your break fast now'

Kate came out of the room..the letter was written with so pain.How much was that pain?"ugh ..i should get this things out of my mind ..its already overloaded" kate thought,closed the door taking a quick glance at Judd.The guy is so handsome.Such an accident couldn't even hide  this truth.

5 days went by in this way.Kate in this short time tried to discover the secrets of Judd.It was so mysterious to her, so interesting to her.Its was the 4rth day when she could finally know what she wanted to know.Judd told him anout his angel who left him...

'Alex and I met at the playground near my house for the first time and after somedays I learned about her.She was alone.Her mother used to live out of the town and her father was dead when she was only six.Her brother and she used to live together.We fell in love with each after 4 months we got to know each other and we hide the matter of our affair from everyone.....after...about 3 and half year her brother got toknow About her and he warned me to stay away from his sister...we had a fight ..her brother and I ...from that day something started to change...i ...i felt like something was going away from my life..'Judd was telling his story and Kate was listening with deep attention.She was trying to feel it and maybe he was feeling.

'After 1 year i understood that she was going away for me. She left me and when I demanded the reason for leaving me she told me that she need to break our relation...'

'You two used to send letters to each others?" kate asked

'yes but.."

'actually the first day I saw yout letter from Alex'

'oh that was the last letter from Alex' Judd said and Kate noticed the pain in his eyes as he said it.

After that day Kate got to know him and somehow she felt like she was falling in love.

"no way that' impossible! I just know him for 3 days'' she thought.

5th day.The day of release of Judd.He gave Kate his contact number and home address.

'I will miss him."Kate thought.



The phone is ringing.Judd is in his bathroom taking shower.It is 9am,Sunday.When he came out of him bathroom the call got disconnected.e

It again rang up.He hold the phone'

"Hey!" A sweet tone floated in.

'Hi' Judd said.

"Remember me?"

"uhh..."Judd said confused.

'its kate'Kate said

"oh sorry actually"

"its okay" Kate interrupted."actually I called because I have a letter...your letter actually with me...I found it long before but I didn't get time to send it back to you."Kate added

'you-"

"yes I could give it to you when you were admitted in the hospital but actually I forgot about it totally..I am really sorry about this"Kate told before Judd could finish his words.

"ok so can I come to your house?To give it back to you?"Kate asked

'Its.."Judd stopped and then again said 'yeah sure'

Judd wanted not to have any more things of Alex but when he thought about it he understood it was not possible for him.



Judd opened the door after the bell rang twice.Kate was standing outside wearing a plain white top with a blue shorts.

'Hey"Kate waved at him,smiling.

"Oh hi.Come inside."Judd invited her.

"thank you.And yeah.."Kate said opening the white bag and took out the letter "here's you letter"

She approached the letter in her hand towards Judd.

" i don't need it anymore actually'Judd said Kate looking down at the letter at her hand.

"you took the trouble to come here unnecessarily" Judd said coolly

"Absolutely not.I thought I should return this because it belongs to you whatever it is.Ok no more talk about this.Let me sit somewhere at least' Kate said playfully.

"Ha ha come here.Sit down and while I go to the kitchen and bring two cups of coffee" Judd grinned at her and indicated the sofa at the middle of the room.

Kate sat down at the sofa unmindfully looking around the room.

Suddenly Kate caught the sight of a rectangular box kept on a wooden table at the corner of the room.It was open revealing some small confetti inside.She went towards it and took out a paper.It was a letter which was same like the one of Judd Kate read.Inquisitiveness grew inside her to read the letters.She started to take out one letter but when she was going to unfold Judd came with the cups in his hand.

Judd didn't notice Kate with the letter.Before he could see she placed the letter to its previous place.

"Coffee is ready.This is your one"Judd handed one cup to her .

"thanks"
© Copyright 2011 Sameera (sameera6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791706-Letters