*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1792971-The-Untold-Story-of-Junior-High
by Madds
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1792971
Ths is a true story that happened to me just a few days ago!
It’s a beautiful Monday afternoon, the birds are singing music softly playing in the background, cars driving past. It’s the perfect day. Then disaster struck.

I answer my ringing phone to this, “Maddie! O-M-G! I need to talk to you NOW!”

“What is it?” I sigh, knowing Jasmyne its going to be stupid.

“I THINK Josh likes me! Like, legit Maddie.” And then my whole body froze. I was completely flabbergasted. Josh? Likes her? Of all people?

“He what!?” I shout once I got a hold of myself a second later.

“Josh. Likes. Meee!”

“How do you know?”

“How do i- I mean . . . what?” Come on Jasmyne. It’s the obvious question. She should have seen it coming. Prepared a backup story you know?

“I’ll say it again. How do you know?”

“Well he flirts with me. And he text me all the time.”

“All the time? What does that mean? 24/7? I don’t think so sweetie.”

I could tell Jasmyne didn’t want to talk about this anymore she started breathing funny and stuttering a lot. Just like she does when she doesn’t want to talk.

“Okay whatever, bye. I’ll text you later.”

“Bye.” Now I needed to call Josh. My best friend in the whole world falling for my best friend? It can’t be happening. It’s just too weird for me.

I sit on my porch waiting for him to answer. Then I hear a click on the other line.

“Hello?” Yes! He answered.

“Hey Josh its Maddie. I was-“

“Ha! Gotcha. Sorry I can’t get to the phone. I’ll call you back as soon as I can. Bye.” Ugh! That stupid voicemail of his.

I threw my phone across the yard in frustration, it bounced and slammed into the pavement. Shit, it better not be broken. God, I wish life didn’t suck! Wait? Why am I almost in tears . . . ? It’s not like I like Josh. We’re just really good friends. We’ve been through so much. But there is nothing between us. After all, Jasmyne likes him. I can’t turn against her.

Confusion is rattling my brain and I need an Advil. I walking into my house and sulk to the kitchen. And right when I get there the doorbell rings. Oh come on people, give me a break. I open the door and Josh is standing there.

“Hey,” I said casually.

“Hey can I talk to you about something?”

“Sure, what’s up brother from another mother?”

“Ha! . . . Well, um Jasmyne texted me.”

“Uh huh?”

“And she told me she liked me.”

“What did you say back?” I asked trying to stay calm.

“I didn’t say anything yet. I wanted to talk to you first. Because, well I don’t really like her.”

“Oh why not?”

“She’s clingy and obsessed,” well said brother, ha!

“You think? Just tell her how you feel. You don’t like her. She’ll get over it. Trust me. Anger passes over fast with her.”

“Okay. Thanks a million Maddie.”

“No problem.” We hug and I just want to stay there forever. He smells so heavenly and his arms are strong and protecting. But then he moves away.

“Thanks again. I’ll call you later?”

“Yeah sure.” Then Jasmyne comes walking down the street. And what do you know! She comes up to Josh and I.

“Hey Jazz.” I say.

“Hey, Josh can we talk? Please.” Josh looks at me pleadingly and I give him a nod telling him to go with her and be honest.

“Sure.” He said talking a deep breath following her to the lawn.

I wait on the porch for ten whole minutes. When they both come back. Yet Jasmyne looks ticked yet relieved.

“So?” I ask.

“Josh has something to say to you.” She said giving me a wink and a smile. Okay, what the hell is up?

“Maddie, will you be my girlfriend? Please?” Okay now I’m truly flabbergasted! I send a fleeting look at jasmine and she gives me the evil eye. She wants me to say yes. And . . . so do i.

“Yes. Ha, I feel like I’m in some cheesy movie,” I say smiling at Josh.

“Ha ha!”

Turns out Jasmyne meant to send the text to Brian. Oh she's so silly!







THE END

© Copyright 2011 Madds (hallows101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1792971-The-Untold-Story-of-Junior-High