*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1793856-Title-Yet-To-Be-Found
by Allie
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1793856
Re-write Page One Draft 2
I stirred in my sleep, waking my body from a not too peaceful dream. It’s always the same, it never changes. There’s an alley, and I’m standing at the peak. But further down I can see a silhouette of a man. I can’t see his features; I have no idea who he is. But there is an attraction there. And I can feel the compulsion in my body towards him and then I wake. Back in my bedroom, I turned hazily to look at my alarm clock. 3:47 a.m. well that’s just peachy. I sat up in my bed briskly brushing my bed head hair out of my face.
I turn to see my mobile flashing on my laminate floor. I obviously knocked it off my side table in my sleep again. I picked it up off the floor and saw nine missed. I picked it up and searched my call log, all nine are from Darla. I missed her call by five minutes.  I pressed the call button, brushing my hand over my face trying to wake myself up.

“Hellllloooooo!” She didn’t even let the phone ring, talk about being an eager beaver.

“Well good morning to you too, you do realise it is early morning over here Darla? And I only finished work two hours ago. Can’t this wait till morning?” I asked coarsely, I cleared my throat in order to make myself not sound so tired.

“I know and I am truuuly sorry,” her Hawaiian-American accent rang through my ears “but some news is worth waking up to y’know Allie! Considering this important news and when it’s afternoon over in England it’s midnight here or whatever time you call.”

“So it’s okay for you to call me at quarter to four in the morning, but not the other way round?” I stabbed at her.

“Well I’m sorry. I just thought I should let you know that I met someone annnnd” she gave off a brief pause “I’m getting married!” My phone slipped out of my hand, as I tried to reach for it I fell off my bed. “Allie, you okay? I heard a thump.”

I scrambled up off the floor and placed my phone to my ear. “Peachy. I just fell off my bed Darla, no need to worry, you’ll get wrinkles.”

I heard a gasp down the phone. “Really!?” I placed my thump and fore finger on to my forehead.

“No Darla, its housewife myth.” I sighed to myself. “Marriage though babe, are you serious? How long have you known him for anyway?” 

“Since I got here, we met at a club. He’s awesome Allie, his name is Harry Knickles. He’s absolutely GORGEOUS!” I started to pace back and forth in my apartment. “I can’t wait for you to meet him!”
“Darla a month? Seriously? Look, I really need to get some sleep. Call me when you’re on the plane back home, okay?” I mumbled down the receiver, she fell silent.

“Okay, see you tomorrow. Alicia?”

“Yes Darla?”

“I love you, g’night” She hung up the phone; I slowly pulled my mobile away from my ear and placed it on my bed side table once more. I sat on the edge of my bed, and laid back. How am I going to sleep now?  I looked over to my clock again, 4:05 a.m. Peachy.
© Copyright 2011 Allie (openbook93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1793856-Title-Yet-To-Be-Found