*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1793975-Earthquake
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1793975
Dedicated to all the victims of the earthquake that struck Japan 3.11.11. One swear word.
Just something I felt I needed to write after hearing about the quake on Friday.

------------------

Pain seared through his veins and he felt as if he was being ripped apart at the middle. His head throbbed and his eyes burned, and if he'd been able to think at all, he'd have wondered if he had a concussion.

The pain seemed to last for hours, and he was relieved when he felt himself relax and the throbbing in his head die down slightly; however, at the same moment, the feeling of drowning enveloped him and cold spread all over his body. He tried to remember what he had been doing, where he had been, who he was, but it was all fuzzy, and when he opened his eyes everything was hazy as if he were looking at the world from under the water.

He thought he was going to die.

He was finally sinking into the darkness when he felt a warm hand on his shoulder and an all-too-familiar voice; "Dudes, come on, we gotta help him!"

He felt bile rise in his throat but still managed to croak, "America...?" His ears began to hear again, and when they did he realized there were many people around him.

"It's alright, Japan. We're here to help."

"Pasta~!"

"Shut up, Italy! Can't you see he's hurt?"

"Don't yell at my brother, you potato-loving bastard."

"All of you, hush now~! Yelling isn't going to help; he probably has a big enough headache!~"

Japan smiled, closing his burning eyes. Everyone was here to help, and it reassured him. Sure, he may be at his knees now, but he'd bounce back as strong as ever one day.

All he wanted now was to sleep.

------------------

For those of you who have no clue what you just read:

Friday March 11, 2011, an 8.9 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Japan, triggering a massive tsunami; one of which reached the entire west coasts of North and South America. As many as 50 powerful aftershocks were felt as well. The death toll reached as many as 10,000 people dead, and hundreds more missing. The earthquake even hit Tokyo, miles away from the epicenter. Sendai airport was wiped out and two nuclear plants exploded. It was the worst quake to ever hit Japan in recorded history.

Thank you for reading, and pray for the hundreds missing, the thousands lost, and the millions we can still save. ~3.11.11~
© Copyright 2011 Skye-Nicole (skyenicole at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1793975-Earthquake