*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1794280-Welcome-Back-Molly
by Zodiac
Rated: E · Chapter · Detective · #1794280
A vampire reunites with her family
Welcome Back Molly





“Hey Captain look at this! This man 7 foot two says some freak came in and beat the hell out of him.” In all my years as a cop in New York City, I’ve never seen a mob hit like this. Six members of the mob, all of them heavily armed beaten by some freak.

“What was it?” I ask the man.

“I couldn’t exactly see it” he replies. I stare at him, his name is Dick Jones. He’s a body guard for Eddie Smits, one of 6 mob bosses in New York. I’ve been trying to nail these guys for years. Those bosses have extremely powerfull connections, lawyers that will get them out in 24 hours. I look around the room it was an apartment with a couple of movies posters on the walls. One was ripped in half, Twisted Nerve a 1968 film. I picked up the two pieces of torn paper. One half had my first boyfriend Ralph Federico, the other had me. The picture was ripped straight down the middle, someone is trying to send a message to me. The question is a message of what? I haven’t seen Ralph since I was 18 in 1977. There’s no writing on the card, after work I head to my mother’s house to ask if she’d been robbed. I walk into her small apartment, she gets up to hug me.

“Mom have you been robbed recently?” I ask trying to be calm.

“No, I just have a youngster that helps me clean and stuff” she sits down. I don’t believe her, because my step daughter Danielle has been doing that.

“Isn’t that what Danielle’s supposed to be doing?” I ask looking around the room.

“Diane what’re you looking for?” Only one person knows my first boy friend and she is supposed to be dead.

“Were is Molly?” I asked.

         

Safe House 01

I take my super suit off. It’s my pride and joy, years of research and design. I hope Danielle has enough vampire serum to not bite Diane. I was in a similar situation myself, being Dracula’s daughter I eventually became a vampire. A vampire with no allergic reactions to sunlight, garlic, silver and other vampire weaknesses. Instead of telling my father and sister I faked death. That comes with a price, I haven’t seen them in years since 1977. Since then I’ve worked with the military and learned other forms of fighting. I never wanted to be in the way, but humans have a set time on earth. My dad is dying of cancer he’s in a special care unit. I put on ordinary street clothes, my 16 year old body shouldn’t be a problem. Another reason to keep my family away from me, I hate being 50 and acting like a 16 year old. I quickly get to the hospital, I see my moms car pull in with Diane when I look out the window. My mother is the only family member I have contact with, she still loves me. My phone rings my daughter Danielle is calling me.

“Hello Danielle I see them” I tense up.

“Snake calm down, they still love you” I laugh a little.

“Okay” I hang up. I haven’t seen my dad personally since 1977. I walk into his room while he’s asleep, I can hear his heartbeat. He opens his eyes and looks at me shocked, then smiles.

“Hello Danielle” he thinks I’m his granddaughter.

“I’m someone familiar, someone you haven’t seen in 33 years” I reply. He still hasn’t put it together yet. My phone rings Danielle is calling me again.

“Snake I’ve upgraded the mask you use, it has an upgraded CPU interface allowing for video recording and playback” she’s excited.

“Good job your step mother would be as proud as I am” I hang up as Diane opens the door.

“Molly” I turn around and see my sister and mother. I start crying, Diane is crying too.

“It’s been to long” she says hugging me. I don’t know what to say, my dad just watches.

“She’s to young Molly should be…”

“50” I answer. My looks are deceptive, it’s a blessing and a curse to be a vampire.

“You ever meet Dracula?” my dad asks laughing. I bear my fangs, I hate the man. My dad looks at me.

“Barry Dracula is her birth father” my mom says shooting me a look. It’s not a good idea to show your fangs to an old man near death.

“Molly what’s it like to be immortal?” he asks.

“It’s bittersweet.” I reply. My dad looks at me, his heart is starting to fail. I lean over him looking for a place to bite him.

“No Molly” he says as his heart quits. I start crying as we leave the room, the first loved one to go is hard or so I’ve heard. Diane looks at me and gives me a hug. This is going better than I thought it would.

© Copyright 2011 Zodiac (nohopenofear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1794280-Welcome-Back-Molly