*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1794551-Mix-And-Match
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Business · #1794551
business article, furniture, home, office, interior, decor, decoration, design, organize
Office Decor

Mix & Match Interior Decorating


Furniture and accessory etiquette, does everything really need to match?

* Chair challenge. Do all six chairs around the kitchen table need to be the exact same style? Mix it up a little! Perhaps three of one style mixed with a similar style would be more inviting. Or if you dare, two of one style, two of another and yet two of another …possibly we are on to something here.



* Have a party with patterns and fabric!
No need to match the patterns on your furniture however the colors schemes should match. Add pizazz to your room by mixing the soft corduroy with the plaid or that micro fiber with that leather. Party it up with the patterns and fabric on your furniture, have fun with the motif. Live a little.



* Curtain craze. For something different split up your curtain sets and hang only one drape on each window alternating colors throughout a room. Be sure to pull the top of the drape all the way across the window however drape it only to one side and presto! A new look!



* Stool standards. Are there any? A stool’s foundation should be sturdy however when we are discussing style we can put a spin on the standards. Dazzle your company with stools that alternate in height and style. For an extra bold design purchase stools that would be only an inch apart in height and then arrange them in a stair step pattern. You are stepping up now!

Article by: Jackie Bodnar

Please view the Newsletter site that this article is from:

https://sites.google.com/site/positivewordspositiveresults/home
© Copyright 2011 PositiveWordsPositiveResults (wordflower at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1794551-Mix-And-Match