*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1794816-She-Waits
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1794816
This is my first attempt at Flash Fiction. A Contest Winner
She sought all morning to find the perfect place to set the trap. She knew her victim well and she knew this would be the perfect location; she would be ready. She rested as much as she could with the unrelenting number of hikers, bikers and lovers invading her space. Trying not to draw attention to herself, she was a statue among the crowd.

The sun began to set and the foot traffic began to decrease. Just a little while longer, she thought to herself. She had begun to feel the excitement that only a habitual cold blooded killer would feel.

Finally, in the shadows of the evening, her victim came into view.  She snapped to attention, her yes fixed intently on its every move.  As she watched it near the trap, her heart raced. She could almost taste the victory. The minutes seemed to stretch until finally she was on top of her victim. “You have been chosen,” she said. The surprise attack had been timed perfectly.  She killed her victim swiftly and easily; it gave almost no resistance. She stood over her victim for a few moments, savoring the victory.

All that was left to do was to hide the body. She began wrapping her victim gently in silk thread. She would place it near the other bodies she had collected over the past couple of days.

Again, in her hiding place, the spider waits….

247 words.

This is a Flash Fiction Contest Entry..for 7/19/11

Sincerely,
VGray






© Copyright 2011 SilverQuill (lildelta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1794816-She-Waits