*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795385-Fueds-Dudes-and-Attitudes-PART-2
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1795385
Rebecca, Lauren, and Nikki are three teenagers living the life in LA, California.
BOUNDARIES CROSSED
Victor Beverwils (And Miranda’s) Mansion
Saturday, January 9th
9:22 A.M.

Rebecca woke up to the sound of Christina, her dads housekeeper, turning on the vacuum in her lavender colored bedroom. “Morning hun. Sorry to wake you, but your dad wanted me to get this done. Do you want me to do your bathroom first?” Rebecca was still trying to sit up in her bed and flex. She threw her lavender down comforter off and hopped out of bed. She took a sip of Evian from her beside table and exhaled. “Um, no that’s ok. You finish. I’m going to go downstairs.” She grabbed her blackberry on her way out and headed towards the marble stairs of her dads fancy California mansion. As she entered the recently redone kitchen, she was dismayed that Miranda was still there. Sitting on one of the island barstools, legs crossed, reading the January Vogue, even in her red tank top and betty boop flannels, she looked like a movie star. “Morning, babe. How’d ya sleep?” She put the magazine on the granite counter and went over to hug Rebecca. Invading personal space much? “Um, morning. Yeah I slept well.” Miranda had a grin on her face the size of a banana, as if she was planning some mysterious plot to take over the world. “Great. Do you want me to call Christiana and ask her to come down here and make you something?” God, why was Miranda acting like this was her house? “No, that’s ok. I don’t eat breakfast.” She lied. She rubbed her shoulders and looked around for her dad. “You sure babe? You look thin.” Oh my god, just leave me alone! “Yeah im sure. Where’s, my dad.?’’ Miranda’s expression changed, like she just found out that her dog died. “Vic’s Outside by the cabana with Steph.” Why was her dad hanging out with her daughter? “Thanks.” Heading towards the back door, she couldn’t wait to find her dad and ask him why Miranda had stayed the night. Huffing and puffing across the 3.7 acres of property, she finally got to the pool and the cabana. And sure enough, there was her dad, lounging on one of the cushy beige lounge-chairs. Next to her was Stephanie, her All-American blond hair glimmering in the sunlight, red bathing suit, and gold, strappy heels. She was texting fiercely on her blackberry, and Victor, delusional, had his Versace wrap arounds, khakis and a light blue tee shirt. Reading his book silently, he flipped the page with much emphasis. Once he saw Rebecca coming, he lifted his aviators, closed his book, and smiled. “There’s my beautiful girl.” He said, will no guilt whatsoever. She smiled back and glanced at Stephanie, who was pretending like she hadn’t noticed Rebecca was even there. “Hi dad. Morning.” She said. Victor smiled and gave her a say-good-morning-to-Stephanie sort of look. “Hi.” She gave her a quick smile, and Stephanie glanced up from her blackberry, only long enough to smile, and then stared back at her phone. She looked at her dad, who was still wondering why she was still looking at him as if he had murdered someone. ‘Uh, dad can I talk to you?” She finally said. “Sure, hun, what is it?” He stood still. Um, hello! “I mean, uh.” She pointed back to the house. Victor still was obviously wondering why there was a reason for this. Without word, he got up, and followed her into the house.
✻✻✻

Rebecca and Victor said nothing for the quarter-mile trip up to Victor Beverwils private study. She was taking slow, heavy breaths. If it took her this much energy to walk up 3 flights of stairs, she had no idea how she was ever going to confront her dad about Miranda. She knew that they were getting married, but obviously it was still her taking some time to get used the fact. Not just having Miranda and Stephanie hang around, but also the whole factor of having a “mom” around at all. Rebecca started to weep as she thought of her mom as she walked up the last flight of stairs. Ever since her mom died the summer before high school, even after her parents got divorced, she would never have even pictured the idea of her Dad meeting someone and actually falling in love with her. Nevertheless that she was fifteen years older than she was, had a fourteen- year old daughter, and was young enough to be Rebecca’s big sister. The idea of it made her gag.
Victor plopped down on his usual brown leather chair and stared at her, giving her a yes, what is it? stare and she just stood. This wasn’t a formal college interview at Stanford. This was family talk. She couldn’t be rude and angry. This had to be discussed like mature adults. “Well dad, first of all I never got to say congratulations, on the engagement of course, so congratulations.” He didn’t say anything, and just flashed a toothy smile. She went on. “But I have to tell you the truth. I’m really not okay with the fact that a thirty-two year old woman and her fourteen-year old daughter are already living in your house. Its, kind of, um…uncomfortable.” Judging by Victors faced, she could tell that she had hurt him a little bit. Than his smiled shifted into a cafeteria lady-scowl. “Well suga, I thank you for being honest with me, but I really don’t think it’s your business who I decide to marry. We love each other, and if you love me, you will do what makes me happy, right?” His volume was getting louder, as if she was controlling the remote. “Yeah, but-” She started. He interrupted her. “But nothing! How would you like it if I said, uh, I don’t know, you can’t hang out with Liam anymore. Because, I dunno, he has blond hair, and we have brown hair? How would that make you feel?” He paused for a second. “Yeah. Exactly.” He snapped. Rebecca could feel tears at the back of her burning throat. He looked her in the eyes and realized that he had made her upset. “And to tell you the truth,” His voice softened. “I don’t even think you should be underestimating people that you know nothing about. Miranda is one of the smartest people I know. Did she know she’s an alumni at Stanford?” Yeah, when’d she graduate like two years ago? This was starting to make her mad. Not even sad anymore. Just anger. Why was her own father choosing Miranda over her? She was his first and only child! “I think you should really give her a chance. She is soooooo smart about teenage girls.” Rebecca’s head was steaming like a pot of Earl Grey Tea. “That’s because last year, she was one.” And she did not regret saying that. Because she ment it one hundred and ten percent. Not even looking at the expression on her fathers face, she ran down the ten million flights of stairs to outside, jumped into her Range Rover, pulled up to the nearest rest stop, and cried.
DEAR DIARY…
Cooper Residence
Sunday, January 10th
11:11 P.M.

1/10/11
Dear Diary,
It’s exactly eleven eleven, and you know what I wished for? That I will become a better kisser. On Friday, I went out with Derrick. It was great, except when I finally was excited to put my skills to the test, it turned out I had no skill at all. We kissed, but I just wish I had more experience, like Lauren and Rebecca. Whatevs. But hes a really amazing guy, and I’m sooooox20 happy I have a boyfriend now. And, its not going to be one of those corny relationships where I write Mrs. Fisher all over my notebooks. I much prefer to doodle high heels….
Nite!
Nicole Michelle Cooper
Abrams Residence
Sunday, January 10th
11:30 P.M.
January 10th 2011
Dear Diary,
Yeah, ok, so first Justin and I have sex right? Yeah, well, then this new chick named Serena comes in, and well, you can guess how it ends. SHES ALL OVER MY MAN!!!! Like have you been to high school? I called dibs a while ago, hun! Especially since he’s my fucking boyfriend. Yeah, that’s her name: The boyfriend stealer. I mean, she didn’t really do anything or any thing with him, YET. She’s just been talking to him, and shes a really bad flirter. And shes a model for Christ’s sake!! What model doesn’t know how to flirt!? And the three of us are in Chem 2gether, and of course miss Passman switched her, and me so im with Luke with loser, and Justins with that, that, scumbag. I told him he better not go all over her. If so, hes so dead to me. That’s all for now. Kisses!
Xoxo, Lauren

Beverwil Residence
Sunday, January 10th
11: 39 P.M.

1-10-11
Dear Diary,
You know I would never say the F word, especially in a diary entry, because its not classy, but fuck Miranda. Fuck my dad. Fuck everyone. (Except for N&L) Nothing else. This is a new year, and absolutely nothing has changed. Its been a pretty shitty year so far, and there’s still 355 days left. Great.
Love Always,
Rebecca Lyn

UNEXPECTED EVENTS
Hastings Residence
Monday, January 11th
3:34 P.M.

Lauren parked her black Audi on the Hastings’s gravel driveway and sat in the car to think. Her name was racing through Laurens head
Serena. Serena. Serena. That bitch is so going down
Trying to refocus herself, she pulled out a Banana Split flavored iGloss, swiped it across her lips, then turned her iPhone on and went to SMS.

Lauren: hey I know I wasn’t really invited ;) but im outside ur house coming in right now, k?

She waited for his usual 30- second instant responses, but it didn’t happen. So she tapped again.

Lauren: You there baby? I have something you’ll enjoy…

She knew that things like that would make him text back. But apparently not this time. She tried once more. If he didn’t
Respond, she was walking right in, weather he cared or not

Lauren: Ugh fine! Ill be there in 30 seconds. Love you!

After stuffing her phone in her purse, slamming the door to the Audi, and heading to the front door, she realized she it
really didn’t matter if he knew she was coming or not, because she was his girlfriend, which ment she had the right to see
Him any time she wanted, right? And especially since last week they lost their virginities to each other (Well, she did), it was like as if Justin was property, and it had just been sold, which ment no one can take it.
At least that’s what she hoped… Svetlana7, the Hastings maid/housekeeper (Jeffrey Hastings owns a small hotel on la Cienega Boulevard) opened the door and recognized Laurens beautiful face. “hi suga. You looking for Justin?”” She said in her heavy Italian accent, Lauren smiled. It was good to be home. “Yeah. Is he upstairs?”” She licked the banana split off of her lips. “Of course. No football today, as your probably aware.” She nodded and headed to the first of many beige-carpeted stairs.
“But before you go, do you want some of my famous meatballs and sausage? I Just made them this morning.”” She usually never said to Svetlana’s cooking, but now she was only thinking about seeing Justin. Just knowing that he would never have anybody else in his life would defiantly make her day. Instead of coming up with some long excuse to not have them, she just said,, “no thanks maybe later.”” And continued to walk up the stairs. As she walked down the long hallway, she heard someone say “She doesn’t have to know” and a different voice, defiantly Justin’s, saying, “I don’t want to do this. But you’re so fucking hot, Serena.” And then followed by weird sounds. Um, What the fuck?! She wondered. She speed walked into his room, and thought she just had a stroke. She could not believe it. She blinked several times in a row, to see if she would wake up from this nightmare. It was as if her nightmare had come true. Serena and Justin were sitting on Justin’s bed, kissing. They were too delusional to even notice she was standing there.
Your mine, Forever & Always
Yeah. Freaking. Right.



✻✻✻
Beverwil Residence
Monday, January 11th
4:09 P.M.

Rebecca’s AP World History paper was drenched in the tears that she had been shedding since Saturday. She barely cried, but when she did, it went on for hours, even days, she sniffled and snorted as if it had been years since the floodgate was last opened. She was alone in her big empty house, Connie had her day off, and the house was precisely ninety-four degrees. When she was sad and alone, she needed warmth. And pizza, which should be arriving any minute. She walked over to the radiator and placed her paper on top of it, but it simply breezed down to the cherry wood floor. Her phone was buried under a massive load of Bloomingdales bags. They were all still sitting there, un emptied out from Sunday when she went Shopping. After Saturday, she used her Dad’s credit card and practically maxed it out on Dior Makeup, Theory clothes, Jimmy Choo shoes, Valentino Sunglasses, a Coach wallet, and a Limited Edition Marc Jacobs satchel. Total=$1275.
Awesome.
But after the little incident that they had on Saturday morning, she really didn’t give a crap. She was board, annoyed, sad, and lonely.
Rebecca: Wanna come over for pizza? <) <) <)
Liam: cant. since theres no football my ‘rents insist on taking me out to dinner.

She did not bother to respond. Nevertheless it was four o clocks in the afternoon.
RIIINNGGGG!
Her heart skipped a beat as she heard the doorbell chimed and her spirits started to soar. In times like these, it was when she really needed a greasy, cheesy, 300 calorie slice of pizza. No diets, no calorie counts, no nothing. Not even yoga, Her weakness. Slamming her textbook, slipping on her grey knee high Uggs, and running down the stairs, her mouth was already watering at the thought of the half-pepperoni, half ziti-pie. She grabbed a crumpled fifty from her secret soft drawer. “Hi, you can keep the ch-” Her eyes narrowed, wondering if she was just seeing things because she didn’t put her contacts in. It was defiantly not the pizza guy. Unless A Slice Of Heaven was now hiring a thirty two year old woman with C cups and four-inch stilettos. There was no way.
Her throat closed.
Miranda.

“Hi, babe. Sorry to disturb ya. Can I come in?” Rebecca honestly didn’t know what to say. She didn’t know what she was more mad about: the fact that this woman (or her future step mom) was in her house, or the fact that the stupid pizza guy still didn’t come. “Sure” Was all she could think of. Miranda stepped in, and she closed the door, just missing her foot. Miranda rubbed her BCBG-cashmere sweater-covered shoulders and looked Rebecca in the eyes. “Its cold out there, huh?” Rebecca nodded. “Why don’t you, uh, come in the living room. The fire’s going. Connie’s not here today but I can make you a hot chocolate if you want.” Oh my god, was she actually offering to do something nice for this lady? Without comment, Rebecca walked towards the living- room, and Miranda followed like a puppy. “No that’s ok babe,” She plopped down on the tan couch and crossed her legs. “I actually came over here because I had something to talk to you about.” Me? Rebecca thought. Me. What would she ever want to talk to me about? How to give my father a boner? Puh-lease. “Um, ok.” She said, sitting across from her on her mother’s favorite burgundy leather armchair. “I guess the news of the engagement came as a bit of a shock, huh?” Miranda titled her head sideways. Rebecca sighed. “Basically.” She crossed her arms and looked away, pretending not to be distracted by Miranda’s massive boobs hanging out of the sweater. “ Your father told me about what happened on Saturday.” Rebecca gave her a so? Sort of look. “You know, I remember what it was like to be seventeen. I lost my virginity at seventeen.” Rebecca struggled to hold her laughter in. “It’s a wonderful age. You’re just starting to feel like an adult and believe it or not, soon you’ll find out what it’s like to be in love.” Too late for that, sugar pop. My mother beat you in this conversation by over five years. “Victor told me you’ve already got a boy, right? He showed me a picture of you two at homecoming. You looked, really happy.” Rebecca could tell Miranda was looking for the right word. She couldn’t help but smile. “Yeah, he was there for me when my mom died. He’s been there every step of the way, even when my father wasn’t.” Miranda’s eyebrows furrowed, and she gave her a Chanel lipstick smile, not showing her teeth. “Well I am very happy for you. Do you love him?” She asked innocently.
Butterflies. They were visiting in her stomach unexpectedly.

“Yeah, I think I do.” Rebecca know saw that that was the answer Miranda had been looking for all along. “I know I might not be your favorite person in the world. You probably think, oh, well, Vegas, my dad was probably drunk and grabbed the first chick he saw and asked her to marry him. It wasn’t like that at all. Your father is a brilliant, wonderful man. I adore him. And I adore you and Steph. More than life. If you love someone, you can’t help who it is. Being young and beautiful is not a crime, you know that eh?” Miranda waited, and watching Rebecca, it looked like she understood now. And she did. Love was an undiscovered mystery, and you can’t help who you fall in love with. Liam changed her life, and what Rebecca had learned, was that Miranda had changed Victors life too, and vise-versa. Miranda was a truly a good person, and things would be better now that they had restored amends. Rebecca gave a toothy smile, then a slight chuckle. “Nope. Not at all. I should know.” She knew that was cocky, but Miranda was practically her mother now, so it didn’t really matter anymore. And she knew that. It was a new year, and things change. And she accepted that. Because now she had the best family anyone could ask for.

Cooper Residence
Monday, January 11th
4:15 P.M.
“Do you like your popcorn with butter and salt, or just butter, or just salt?” Nikki was tearing open the Pop Secret Bag trying not to stutter at the fact that it was over one hundred degrees. Derrick was in the other room, and she was trying to do something nice for him since he didn’t have football today, and they could spend more time together. “Uh, plains fine, thanks.” Derrick called from the other room. Nikki rolled her eyes and smiled. “K. One sec.” She opened the white wood cabinets under her and pulled out two orange plastic bowls, after finally getting the whole popcorn bag open, she poured about an equal amount of popcorn into each bowl, adding more on Derrick’s and leaving her with most of the kernels at the bottom. “Thanks Nik.” He said as she placed it on the brown coffee table in the living room. They sat on opposite sides of the couch, and it was beginning to get awkward. Right when it almost got to a point when Nikki could hear a pin drop, Derrick spoke. “So. Wanna do something.?” He grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bowl and threw it into his mouth. “Sure. Like what?” He turned his head and starred at her, and smiled. Nikki blushed.
He was so cute.
Derrick got up from the last couch cushion and moved over one to right next to where Nikki was sitting. He didn’t even think before pressing his lips to hers and gripping her waist. Right now, she had so many emotions at the same time she couldn’t even evaluate any of it. Of course she liked it, but she was such an amateur at it, she wasn’t sure if she was doing it right in the first place. But she didn’t panic. She put her arms around him and kissed him. It was ok, except for Nikki still didn’t know how to French kiss. So instead she just followed her instincts, and it actually turned out ok. She kissed him, harder and harder every second she realized how lucky and happy she was. It was all going great…
RIIINNGGGG!
They both jumped back from each other and looked sideways. “That scared the crap out of me. Haha, I’ll get it.” Nikki was impressed by how much of a gentleman he was, another reason why she was one of the luckiest girls in the world. He got up, and headed for the door.
✻✻✻
Lauren was wondering what was taking so long for someone to answer the goddamn doorbell. Had she died or something? Gotten eaten by a bear?
She rang it again. Those swimming muscles of yours must really pay off, Nik. She rung it again and again and again until she heard someone unlock the door. When it opened, there stood someone looking very familiar. He had blond hair, blue eyes. He had a red tee shirt with the number 23 on it, and dark washed true religion brand jeans. Um…who the fuck is this? And why is he in Nikki’s house when I am in the middle of a crisis!!?? “Hi, oh Hey Lauren.” Well he obviously knows me. “Oh, hi. Is Nikki-”
“Hey Lauren. What’s up? You remember Derrick from the Beverwils annual Christmas party right?” Nikki gave Lauren a be nice look and Lauren shot Nikki back a cant-you-see-im-in-the-middle-of-a-crisis look. “c’mon in. We were just having some popcorn. You wanna chill?” Lauren and Derrick followed Nikki back into the family room. Once Lauren squatted on the couch, she burst into tears. “Jutin came outa pactice early, and when I went over to his ouse he was waking out wit that little skank.” As she sobbed fiercely, noticing that Nikki and Derrick were having a hard time understanding her. “Oh sweetie. Its ok. You have us. Here, have some popcorn.” Nikki took a massive handful from the bowl and placed it in Lauren’s tear-filled hands. “He loved me. we practically had sex in the ucking projecton room abuv de auditorum.” Lauren blew her nose in Derricks black Adidas hoodie. “Oh god my snot.” She looked up and remembered that this guy was still here, standing shyly behind Nikki. “And who da hell iz thiz?” She pointed the snotty jacket at Derrick. Derrick friendishly held out his hand. “Hi. I’m Derrick. Nice to meet ya.” Lauren didn’t shake it, and buried her head in her hands, forgetting that there was popcorn in one of them. She threw it on the floor, and leaned back on the brown leather couch. Are they going to help me, or just stand there and watch me suffer!? Lauren thought. “Do you wanna sleep over tonight?” Nikki asked, squatting down next to her and putting her arm around her. “I don’t want to interfere.” Lauren added emphasis on that last word as she gave a death stare at Derrick. “No, no, its fine. Do you wanna go back to your house and get your things?” Nikki said to her. “No that’s ok.” Lauren said quickly. “Everything’s in the car already.” She pointed to her black Audi and dabbed her raccoon eyes with his sweater again. She couldn’t help but laugh. She was a mess! But she felt grateful that her friend was making her feel better. “We’ll get it later. Lets you cleaned up. You look like a raccoon at a water park.” Lauren laughed again at Nikki’s joke. Even though it was hard to believe, after all she’d been through today. Lauren felt better. Even though her year didn’t get off on the best start, every ending was a new beginning, and it was starting right now.

A NEW BEGINNING
YOU HAVE NOW ENTERED THE CHATROOM “NEWYEARBITCHES”
REBECCALYN214 HAS ENTERED THE ROOM
SWIMNSOCCER HAS ENTERED THE ROOM
ABRAMSXO6 HAS ENTERED THE ROOM
REBECCALYN414:HEY GUYS. SO WHY ARE WE HAVING THIS GROUP CHAT AGAIN?
ABRAMSXO6: I DON’T KNOW...TO SAY STUFF I GUESS?
SWIMNSOCCER: IVEGOT NOTHIN
REBECCALYN414: ME AND MY NEW “MOMMY” ARE COOL NOW
SWIMNSOCCER: WHO?
ABRAMSXO6: ?
REBECCALYN414: I DIDN’T TELL YOU? MY FATHERS GETTING REMARRIED. TO THIS WOMAN. WHO IS 32 YEARS OLD. MAY I REMIND YOU THAT IS PRECISELY 15 YEARS OLDER THAN WE ARE?
ABRAMSXO6: SLUTWHOREBAG!! SO WHENS THE WEDDING?
SWIMNSOCCER: CONGRATS BEC!!
REBECCALYN414: THANKS NIK, AND LAUREN ITS AUGUST 20. BUT ANYWAY, SHES ACTUALLY REALLY COOL AND NICE.
ABRAMSXO6: WHAT DOES THE ROCK LOOK LIKE?
REBECCALYN414: image.attachment.jpg/thering
ABRAMSXO6: HOLY SHIT THAT’S HUGE! WHAT IS THAT LIKE 10 CARATS?
REBECCALYN414. EIGHT. U STILL THERE NIK?
SWIMNSOCCER: YA IM HERE. DERRICK SAYS HEY
REBECCALYN414: WHOS DERRICK?
ABRAMSXO6: U HAVENT TOLD HER!?
REBECCALYN414: SOMEONE PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHO DERRICK IS!!
SWIMNSOCCER: MY...BF
REBCECCALYN414:WAIT, YOU MEAN MY FAMILY FRIEND? DERRICK FISHER? REALLY? OMIGOSH!!
SWIMNSOCCER:YEAH☺
REBECCALYN414: THIS DESERVES A CELEBRATION. YOU GUYS, ME, LIAM, DERRICK AND JUSTIN TOMORROW FOR LUNCH @ THE PALM. ON ME.
ABRAMSXO6: IM IN. JUSTINS OUT. FOR GOOD
REBECCALYN414: WHY, WHATS THE PROBLEM?
ABRAMSXO6:SERENA BLOCK WAS BORN. BUT IM OVER IT. NO QUESTIONS, NO COMMENTS POR FAVOR
REBECCALYN414:ALRIGHTY THEN. SO U GUYS IN?
SWIMNSOCCER: SOUNDS GOOD TO US. NO FOOTBALL TOMORROW, SO DERRICK SAYS ITS FINE 2
ABRAMSXO6: DRINKS ARE ON ME!
REBECCALYN414: I’LL TAKE THAT AS A YES?
ABRAMSXO6: UKNOWWITT=]
SWIMNSOCCER: LIGHTS OUT 4 ME BEBES...D JUST LEFT AND IM GOING TO SHLEEEPP. NITE!
REBECCALYN414: HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIESS!! SENECA ONCE SAID “EVERY NEW BEGINNING COMES FROM OTHER BEGINNING’S END”
ABRAMSXO6: CAN I TAP THAT?
REBECCALYN414: SURE. SWEET DREAMS...
ABRAMSXO6: XOXO


SWIMNSOCCER HAS LEFT THE ROOM AT 1:04 A.M.
REBECCALYN414 HAS LEFT THE ROOM AT 1:05 A.M.
ABRAMSXO6 HAS LEFT THE ROOM AT 1:06 A.M.
The End
© Copyright 2011 lovepink619xo (sosolow97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795385-Fueds-Dudes-and-Attitudes-PART-2