*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795740-Intrusive-Government
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Political · #1795740
Big brother is alive and well in local government.
As a tax payer I have a right not a privilege to know where my tax money is going. And yet one look at this application for a government program designed to do exactly that and you would think that if I am good enough they (Sarasota County Government) will grant me the privilege of discovering where some of my tax money goes.



Why does the government need to know my gender or my occupation or my place of birth, for the privilege of knowing where some of my money goes?Does the government really kneed to know my religious, social, or other organizations that I may belong to?



“CIVICS 101 APPLICATION The Sarasota County Government Civics 101-A Citizens Academy Program is a unique opportunity for citizens to learn about Sarasota County Government in order to foster a better understanding and working relationship between the two. You must live or work in Sarasota County to be eligible for enrollment. There is no cost to participate. Please make sure you are committed to attend all classes in the session (10 consecutive Thursday evenings from 6-9 p.m. at various locations throughout the county, and at least one of the many tours offered) and the graduation ceremony before the County Commissioners. The application must be completed in order to be considered for the class. (Please print or type) Full Name Male Female Mailing Address City Zip__ Home Phone Business Phone E-Mail Address_ Year of Birth Birth Place _ Years Living in Sarasota County___ Occupation-Current or Past: Employer Name & Address ___ Are you planning to attend all sessions? Yes No If no, please explain. (this may impact your eligibility) ___ ___ Are you a member of any County Advisory Board, Committee, or Commission? Yes _ No If €œyes€, which one(s)? ___ Do you have any special areas of interest connected to government, or is there anything you would like to learn more about? _ ___ ___ Personal History – tell us about yourself, i.e. interests, accomplishments, community involvement, etc. ___ ___ ___ ___ List any civic, professional, business, religious, social, or other organizations in which you are a member. If new to Sarasota, you may include activities in your prior location. Organization Years as Member Position Held ___ ___ ___ ___ Briefly discuss what you hope to learn as a participant in the Citizens Academy Program and how you anticipate using the information? ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ Return to: Sarasota County Neighborhood Services Sarasota County Government 1660 Ringling Boulevard Sarasota FL 34236 Phone: 941/861-5000 FAX 941/861-5417 E-mail: vfrench@scgov.net "I hereby give my permission for Sarasota County to use any still photograph or video footage in which I may appear for whatever purpose(s) deemed appropriate. I do this voluntarily and with the understanding there is no remuneration." Signature Date The Civility Code, Resolution No. 2001-009, as adopted by the Board of County Commissioners 1-9-01, shall apply to all class sessions and functions. Dedicated to Quality Service€ Governments, at all levels, are suppose to protect our privacy not intrude upon it.”



But the governments are suppose to protect our property and civil rights and they don't do a excellent job of that either.

I'm surprised that the County didn't ask for my W2, my SS#, my passport or my birth certificate. Why does the government need more than my name, address, and contact information?



Stephen Aiken



I'm the Region 9 Representative for the Libertarian Party of Florida.

© Copyright 2011 Stephen12 (stephenaiken12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795740-Intrusive-Government