*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796686-The-Haunted-Vacation
by Zaikia
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #1796686
Stacy and Maria encounter a deadly, invisible force at their aunt's house.




















The Haunted Vacation

By

Shelby Harty























Chapter 1

“Knock knock.”
“Who’s there?”
“Boo.”
“Boo hoo?”
“Don’t cry, it’s only a joke!”
Stacy and Maria laughed. The two were sisters. Stacy was 16 years old with shoulder length dark brown hair and grayish-green eyes. Maria was 14 years old with shoulder length light brown hair and green eyes.
“Hey mom, when are we gonna reach Aunt Laurie’s house?” Stacy asks.
“About 20 minutes.” Their mom replied.
Their aunt lived in a beach house near by the beach. “Man, I can’t wait until we go swimming.” Stacy said with a smile.
“Me neither. I hope there are some cute boys.” Maria said dreamily.
Both Stacy and her mom rolled their eyes just as their mom drove into the driveway of their Aunt’s house. The two girls hurried out of the car as Laurie came out of the house and gave both girls a big hug.
“How are you two girls?” she asks.
“Good!” both girls replied and got their luggage out of the car. Their mom kissed them both goodbye and left.
“Now, let’s get you two settled.” Laurie said helping the girls with their bags. She showed them the guest room and went back downstairs.
Maria jumped on the bed. It was jumpy. “This is so cool!” she said with each jump.
Stacy opened the doors that led to the balcony. “Wow, the view is awesome.” Maria appeared beside her.
“Hey, you wanna go swimming?” Maria asks. Stacy nodded and the two got into their swim suits. Both girls’ suits were two-pieces. Stacy’s was blue and Maria’s was green. Both girls put a shirt and a pair of shorts on along with supplies and shoes.
“We’re going swimming!!” Stacy said as the two headed out the door.
“Be back by dark!” Laurie said back.
Stacy and Maria walked down the sidewalk and over to the beach entrance. “How much is it to get in?”
“Two dollars per person.” The lady replied.
Stacy pulled out four dollars and gave to them the lady and both went in. Stacy put up the umbrella while Maria set up the blankets and chairs, including a small cooler. “This is gonna be so much fun.” Stacy squealed as she rubbed sunscreen on her sister’s back.
“I know.” Maria said and did the same to Stacy.
Suddenly, a football hit Stacy on the back of her head. “Ow!” she yelped, holding the back of her head. “That hurt!”
A boy about 16 years old rushed over. He had shaggy black hair and light blue eyes “Sorry, you okay?” he asks Stacy.
Stacy rubbed the back of her head gently, feeling a slight bump. “Yeah, I’ll be fine. Here’s your ball back.” She picked up the football and threw it to him.
“Thanks.” The boy said and ran off to his friends.
Stacy groaned and sat down in her chair. “I hate men.”
“I don’t. He’s kinda cute.” Maria said dreamily.
Stacy just gagged and took off her baggy shirt. “Let’s get into the water.” She said as she ran down to the water.
“Agreed sis.” Maria ran after her sister. The two jumped into the water and began splashing water at each other.
“Hey!”
The two girls turned to see the boy who threw the football at Stacy. “You wanna play V-ball with us?”
Stacy and Maria exchanged glances and both shrugged. “Sure, why not?” Stacy said. The two swam over to them and saw three more boys around the ages 15-16.
“What are your names?” the boy asks.
“Stacy.”
“Maria.”
“Cool, my name’s Jeremy.” They shook hands. “This is Billy and Bobby, they’re twins and Nick.”
“Cool, let’s play!” Stacy said and hit the ball over the net. The game lasted for a couple hours and then the sun began to sink down into the horizon.
“Stacy, we need to get back to the house. Aunt Laurie will get worried.” Maria says.
“Yeah, we gotta go.” Stacy said. “Thanks for letting us play.”
“No problem.” Jeremy said with a smile. “Are you two coming tomorrow?”
“We might. See ya tomorrow!” Maria said and the two gathered up their things before leaving.

Chapter 2

“So, how was your girls’ day?” Laurie asks as the two got into bed.
“Great. We had fun.” Maria said with a smile.
“That’s good. Good night girls.” Laurie turned off the light and closed the door.
“Do you think tomorrow will be better?” Maria asks.
“Oh yeah.” Stacy replied and got comfortable.
THUMP
“Stop it Maria.”
THUMP
“Maria……”
“It ain’t me Stacy.” Maria says as she sat up.
Stacy also sat up. “It ain’t me either.”
THUMP
The two looked up at the ceiling. “The attic…..” they whispered. They both got a flashlight ands opened the bedroom door, looking into the hallway.
“Aunt Laurie?” Maria whispers.
DEAD SILENCE
“Let’s go.” Stacy said giving her sister a slight push. They walked down the hallway until they came to a door.
THUMP
The noise came from behind the door. Maria cautiously put her hand on the doorknob and turned it. The door opened with a creak. They hesitated for a moment before walking up the stairs.
“It stopped.” Stacy whispered.
Maria walked over to the desk in the corner while Stacy walked around, shining the flashlight around.
All of a sudden, Stacy saw movement from the corner of her eye. She shined the flashlight in that direction, which happened to be a corner.
She saw feet.
She gasped loudly and stumbled back. “M-Maria?”
“What?” Maria asks.
“There’s someone over there.” Stacy pointed at the corner. Maria shined the flashlight at said corner, but there was nothing.
“Stacy, you’re imagining things. Let’s get back to bed.”
“O-okay…..” Stacy muttered and followed her sister out of the attic. She closed the door behind her and both went back to bed.
Stacy was sleeping when she suddenly felt cold. She opened her eyes, looking around. She then saw movement in the corner. She gasped and reached for the flashlight, turning it on and shining it at the corner. There was nothing.
She sighed in relief and went back to bed, with the flashlight on.

Chapter 3

“How’d you sleep girls?” Laurie asks the next morning.
“Good.” Maria answered.
“Not so good. I kept hearing noises all last night.” Stacy said tiredly, rubbing her eyes.
“What kinds of noises?” Laurie asks.
“Like thumps and sometimes and a few bangs. It was hard to sleep.” Stacy replied.
“Well, I have to go out until 9 tonight.” Laurie says. “Do what you want, but don’t break or set anything on fire.”
The two girls nodded. When Laurie left a few minutes later, the girls decided to go meet up with Jeremy and the others at the beach.
And when they got there, they both told them what happened.
“Yeah, we’ll come.” Jeremy had said.
…………………………
Once the group got up to the house, they ordered some pizza while Stacy told them what happened.
“Like a ghost?” Billy and Bobby ask in unison.
“Yeah.” Stacy nodded.
“Then we’ll wait until dark and go on a little ghost hunt.” Jeremy said with a grin.
“Great…..” Maria mumbled.
Later when the sky became dark, the group got ready for their ‘ghost hunt’.
“Okay, where did you see the ghost?” Jeremy asks.
“In the attic.” Stacy answered.
Jeremy nodded and took the lead with Stacy behind him, Maria behind her, Billy and Bobby and Nick was in the rear.
Nick was looking around when he felt something cold brush past him. “Whoa, dude, did you guys feel that?”
Everyone nodded.
THUMP
“There’s that noise again.” Stacy whispers.
Jeremy nodded. “Let’s go.”
The group worked their way up to the attic. Jeremy opened the door and they went in.
“We’ll split up. Maria, you go with Nick. Stacy, you’ll come with me and twins, go by yourselves.” Jeremy says and they went their separate ways.
“The noises stopped everytime we came.” Stacy said.
“That’s a little strange.” He says.
Stacy was walking around when she felt something moist under her shoe. She shined the flashlight down and saw blood. She traced the blood up with her light and saw a foot. She shined the flashlight up more and gasped loudly.
It couldn’t have been anymore gory, but the body in front in her looked like it had its insides ripped out. Stacy’s breathing became heavy and she felt like her heart was gonna explode. She also saw a pair of gleaming red eyes above the body and stumbled back, landing on her rear and scooted back until her back hit the wall.
Jeremy was looking around when his foot hit something, sending it clattering. He looked down and saw a flashlight. He picked it up and then heard heavy breathing. “Stacy?” he whispers.
He followed the breathing and saw Stacy leaned up against the wall, staring at something. He shined the flashlight on her face and saw that she was sweating. He gently pressed the back of his hand to her cheek. She was shaking and freezing.
“Stacy, what did you see?” he asks.
She didn’t answer.
“Guys!” he called.
Everyone came over a few seconds later. “What happened to my sister?” Maria asks concerned.
“I don’t know.” Jeremy replied and picked Stacy up bridal-style. “Let’s get her warmed up.”
As they walked downstairs, they never noticed a pair of blue eyes watching them.

Chapter 4

“What’s her temperature?”
Maria pulled out the thermometer from Stacy’s mouth. “85.3.”
“Way below the normal temp.” Jeremy said.
“We need to find a way to get Stacy what to tell us.” Nick says.
“How?”
Before anyone could answer, the phone rang, startling everyone. Maria picked it up. “Hello? Oh, Aunt Laurie. Yeah, we’re fine. Not until midnight? Okay, bye.” She set the phone back on the receiver. “That was our aunt; she won’t be home until midnight.”
“That gives us enough time to find a way to get Stacy to talk.” Jeremy knelt down in front of Stacy. “Stacy, what did you see?”
Stacy still didn’t say anything. Jeremy checked her temperature. It had now risen to 89.6. He sighed in defeat. “I think we’ll just ask her tomorrow.”
“Good idea.” Maria made her sister lie down. “Night sis.”
And they all went to sleep.

Chapter 5

“Stacy……”
Stacy borrowed herself deeper into the covers. “Stacy, wake up.”
“Go away….” She muttered.
“Stacy, I need you.”
Stacy opened her eyes and sat up. She kept hearing a voice, but didn’t see a thing. “Stacy, follow my voice to the attic.”
Stacy got up and followed the voice. “I need you Stacy. I’m so lonely.”
Stacy followed the voice all the way to the attic door and it opened by itself. “Come in Stacy.”
She walked up the stairs and the door slammed shut behind her. “Over by the window Stacy.”
Stacy walked over to the window and then felt very cold. She heard footsteps and turned around, only to have arms wrap around her. She saw a boy no older than 16 with short dark hair and blue eyes. He wore dark blue jeans, a black long sleeve shirt, but no socks or shoes.
He looks almost like Jeremy. Stacy thought.
“Stacy…….” The boy whispered. “You are mine now.”
Meanwhile, downstairs Maria woke up and so did the boys. “Stacy!”
“Where is she?”
THUMP
“She’s in the attic!” Maria rushed upstairs to the attic door, the boys right behind her. She turned the doorknob, but it wouldn’t open. “Stacy!”
Stacy just kept staring at the boy since she was frozen. She felt his cold breath on her face and those blue eyes were burning into hers. The boy turned his head to the door and then back to Stacy. He kissed her forehead. “I will be back Stacy.” And then he disappeared.
The door clicked and everyone ran in to find Stacy sitting on the floor near the window. Jeremy knelt beside her. “Stacy?”
Stacy looked up at him. “Hi.”
The group sighed. “Let’s get you back downstairs.” Maria took her sister’s hand and walking towards the door.
Stacy looked over her shoulder at the window, her eyes full of concern. As they left, a pair of red eyes gleamed in the darkness.

Chapter 6

“How’s Stacy?” Jeremy asks. Morning had come and the group lounged around in the kitchen while Stacy was still sleeping.
“Asleep. She seemed really tired. Right when her head hit the pillow, she was out like a light.” Maria replied, taking a sip of her coffee.
“Last night was weird.” Billy and Bobby say.
“Definitely.” Jeremy agreed.
“What should we do about the attic door?” Maria asks.
“We’ll just have to keep Stacy away from it.”
“How?” Nick asks.
“We’ll have to keep her occupied. Take her to the beach or something.” Jeremy suggested.
“That’s a good idea, but where?” Nick asks.
“I heard my aunt talking about a festival they have every year in town.” Maria replied. “How ‘bout we do that?”
Everyone agreed and then Stacy walked into the room, yawning. “Morning everyone.” She went to the fridge, grabbed the orange juice and poured some into a plastic cup. “Why is everyone staring at me?”
“Oh nothing.” Maria said.
Stacy sat down at the table. “I had a weird dream last night. A boy that looked just like Jeremy. Weird, huh?”
Maria just nodded her head. “We’re going to the festival in town. Wanna come?”
“Sure.” Stacy nodded. Everyone got ready and walked up to the fair. Jeremy bought some tickets and gave everyone five tickets. They got on a ride called The Twist that could fit either two or three people in the car. Stacy sat with Jeremy, Maria with Nick and the twins in another.
The ride started and people were already laughing and yelling. Jeremy looked over at Stacy. She was laughing and smiling. He smiled too, knowing that she was having fun.
After the ride was over, the group got off and were still suggesting on another ride. “I think we should go on the one that goes frontward and backwards.” Maria says.
“No, the one that goes up high and then keeps going around.” Nick argued, making Maria stick her tongue out at him.
“Alright, that’s enough. Let’s let Stacy decide.” Jeremy said. Everyone looked at Stacy, but she wasn’t there.
“Huh? Where’d she go?”
“Stacy!!”
Stacy walked around, looking at game and other rides.
“Stacy!” she heard Jeremy call. She turned around just as he came towards her. “Where’d you go?” he asks, panting.
“I went to go look around.” Stacy replied.
“Just stay with us, ok?” she nodded. Jeremy reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number. “Yeah, I got her. Meet us by The Twist. Bye.” He hung up. “Okay, let’s go.”
10 minutes later, the group met up back together. Suddenly, Stacy gripped her chest.
“Stacy, what’s wrong?” Jeremy asks.
“I don’t……” she didn’t get to finish because her vision clouded and everything went black.

Chapter 7

The doctor put two fingers on Stacy’s right wrist. “Well, her pulse is normal.”
“But why would she pass out?” Maria asks.
“I don’t know, but just keep an eye on her.” The doctor replied and left, closing the door behind him.
Maria sighed. “This is a big load of crap.”
“No, it’s strange.” Jeremy said. “What about the attic?”
“My aunt made sure to lock it.” She replied.
“Good.” He said. “We should all try to get some sleep.”
“What if Stacy wakes up?”
“I’m pretty sure she’ll sleep the entire night.” He said.
She nodded.
“Okay.”
…………….
Jeremy opened his eyes a few hours later. The room was cold. He heard heavy breathing and looked at Stacy. She was sweating and breathing heavily.
He got up and shook her. “Stacy, wake up.”
Stacy opened her eyes and looked at him. “I had another dream.”
“What kind of dream?”
“I was in the attic, standing in the middle of the room. The boy that looked like you was there and so was another man. He had dark hair and red eyes. His eyes scared me. The boy also looked scared, like he feared the man. The man said he was coming for me.” She explained and started to cry. “I’m scared.”
He pulled her into a hug and held her as she cried. “Shhh, everything’s going to be alright.” Let’s hope……..

Chapter 8

“I don’t think we should let Stacy stay here during the night.” Jeremy said the next morning. Stacy was still fast asleep, lying on her stomach.
“Where else can we go?” Maria asks.
“We can stay at my house. My parents won’t mind.” Jeremy answered.
“Okay, but we should just let her sleep.”
“I can carry her there.”
Everyone agreed and Maria packed some clothes while Jeremy put Stacy on his back and they went to his house.
……………………
A couple hours later, Maria, Nick and the twins went to town while Jeremy stayed with Stacy.
He was reading a book when she let out a whimper. He stopped reading and saw that she made pained expressions. He went over to her and held her hand.
She suddenly let out a yell of pain. “My wrist…….”
Jeremy flipped over her right wrist and gasped. The words ‘you can’t escape’ were carved into her wrist. He quickly went to the bathroom, grabbed some medicine, bandages and a wet rag. He hurried to the living room and found her on the floor, blood seeping from her wrist.
Jeremy washed up her wrist and put some medicine on it and bandaged it up. He set her on the couch and cleaned up the mess. After going back to the living room, he picked her up by her waist and lay down on the couch with Stacy on top of him. Her head lay right under his jaw with his chin on the top of her head. He slipped up the blanket to their waists.
He sighed and held her tight. He knew she was scared and so was he.

Chapter 9

“Whoever is doing this won’t leave Stacy alone.” Jeremy said the next day.
“Well, what could it be?” Maria asks.
“I don’t know. But we need to find history on your aunt’s house. What kind of house is it?” he asks.
“One of those Victorian houses.” She answered.
“Alright, we should be able to find any history.” Jeremy says.
Maria nodded and just then, Stacy walked into the room, fidgeting with the bandage on her wrist. “Why is my wrist bandaged?”
“Um, you accidentally cut your wrist in your sleep.” Jeremy lied.
Stacy shrugged and sat down.
………………………
Later that day, the group went into town and split up into two’s. Jeremy and Stacy, Nick and Maria and the twins.
“So, what exactly are we looking for?” Stacy asks.
“We need to find history on your aunt’s house.” Jeremy replied. They went into the local market. A man in his mid 30’s sat behind the desk.
“Can I help you folks?” the man asks.
“Yeah, do you know anything on a Victorian house by the beach?” Jeremy asks.
“Yeah, actually I do. Everyone in town knows about that house. About 15 years ago, there was some kind of giant party. One of the men there went crazy and killed everyone in the house, women, children, it didn’t matter. He soon killed himself after he was done. There was a boy about 16-years old.” The man motioned to Jeremy. “Almost looks like you. There was this girl he liked, who was the crazy man’s daughter. I guess her father didn’t like the boy.”
Jeremy and Stacy exchanged looks. They said their thanks and left the store.
“Okay, so we know what happened. We just have to find out why the man killed all those people.” He said.
“That’s so horrible……” Stacy felt shivers go up and down her spine.
……………………..
Later, when the sun went down, the group met for dinner in a small restaurant. “Did anyone find anything?”
“Yeah, we found out that a man went crazy about 15 years old and killed everyone in the house.” Jeremy replied.
“That’s terrible.” Maria shuddered.
“We just gotta find out why this man could be after Stacy.” Jeremy added.
“But he’s dead.” Maria said.
“What about……a ghost?” Stacy asks causing everyone to look at her. “Or a demon?”
Maria sighed. “Stacy, please don’t start with that.”
“Wait, Stacy has a point. The man’s spirit could have easily been left behind.” Jeremy says.
“Yeah and the other spirits weren’t able to go to heaven either.” Nick added.
“We need to figure a way to get them out.”

Chapter 10

Night had fallen and the group was in the living room, watching TV. It was storming badly outside.
Stacy was leaning on Jeremy, just about to fall asleep when a very loud crack of thunder shook the whole house. Stacy bolted up just as the power went out.
“Oh great.” Maria muttered.
“Where’s the power grid?” Nick asks.
“In the basement, I think.” Maria replied.
“Alright, Nick and I’ll go down to the basement. Billy, Bobby, you two stay here with the girls.” Jeremy said as he and Nick both grabbed flashlights and left to the basement.
Maria lit some candles while Stacy sat on the couch and then she shivered. “It’s cold….”
Maria let out a breath. She could see her own breath. “You’re right.”
Stacy rubbed her arms and shivered again. She then stood and walked to the closet to get a blanket. She was about to put her hand on the doorknob when she felt something push her to the ground. Something grabbed her wrists and began dragging her towards the stairs.
“MARIA!!!” she screamed.
“Stacy!!” Maria and the twins ran over to the stairs to see Stacy being dragged up them. Maria was about to run up, but an invisible force pushed her and the twins back.
Stacy was dragged up the stairs and into the girl’s bedroom. The door was slammed shut and locked and then she was thrown on the bed. She felt a heavy force on top of her and she tried to wiggle her way out, but the force only pressed itself more onto her.
Outside, Maria and the twins tried opening the door, hearing Stacy screaming inside. Jeremy came running up the steps. “What’s going on?!”
“Something took Stacy and we can’t get inside!” Maria replied, pounding on the door. “Stacy!”
“Nick’s working on the power. It should be on any minute.”
Just as he said that, the power came back on and the screaming stopped. The door unlocked and it opened. Stacy fell into Jeremy’s arms.
………………….
Maria lifted up Stacy’s shirt and gasped. “Jeremy, come here….”
He walked over. “Oh my god……”
There were several cuts and bruises along her back and sides. Maria let her sister’s shirt fall down and she sighed.
Nick wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “Everything’s going to be alright.”

Chapter 11

The doctor lifted Stacy’s shirt up to see the cuts and bruises on her back. “How did this happen?”
Jeremy stood up. “Doctor, you might find this hard to believe…but, there’s a ghost or some kind of demon attacking Stacy.”
The doctor stared at Jeremy for what seemed like ten minutes. “A ghost?”
He nodded.
“Mr. Weber, this cuts and bruises look self-inflicted.”
Maria stood an angry expression on her face. “How could she even do that? It’s impossible.”
“Miss, what your sister needs is rest.”
“Forget it; we aren’t going to listen to you.” Jeremy said angrily and grabbed Stacy’s hand and they all left the office.
“So, what are we going to do now?” Maria asks.
“What about the police?” Nick asks.
“No way. They’ll never believe us.” Jeremy said quickly.
“Then…..there’s nothing we can do.”
“All we can do is protect Stacy.”
“Stacy…..”
Stacy heard a voice, but a different one this time. It seemed more deep and fearing. She looked around, but saw nothing.
“Over by the cemetery Stacy.”
Stacy began walking towards the cemetery nearby while the others were still talking, not noticing her walking away.
“Come over here Stacy, we need your help.”
“We?” Stacy asks out loud.
“Yes.”
Stacy found herself walking towards a tombstone with the name ‘Johnny Corvis’ etched in the stone.
“Stacy!!”
She turned around and she immediately felt hands around her throat. She gasped for air, like someone was strangling her.
“Stacy!!”
“Je….re….my……” was all she could say before her heart stopped.
Her eyes closed and she was dropped onto the grave.
“Stacy!” Jeremy called. He looked around and spotted her lying on a grave. “Stacy!” he and the others ran over and shook her. “Stacy, wake up!”
Nick checked for a pulse. He gasped silently. “She doesn’t have a pulse…..”
Jeremy checked also. “Well…maybe she’s…..”
Maria started crying. “Stacy……”
Nick held her as she cried. Jeremy sighed sadly, a single tear rolling down his cheek. Suddenly, he saw Stacy’s hand twitch. “Stacy?”
Her eyes opened to revel a blood red. She grinned and picked herself up.
“Stacy?”
“Stacy’s not here.” She said, but instead of her voice, it was a deep and fearful voice. “You may call me Johnny.”
“Johnny Corvis….you killed all those people in that house 15 years ago.” Nick says, shoving Maria behind him.
“Where’s my sister?!” Maria yells.
“Oh, I guess she’s down in hell now. To come back, I needed her body and for that to happen, I had to kill her.” Johnny replied with an evil smirk. “Now, if you don’t mind, I have some unfinished business to do.” He walked past Jeremy and Nick.
“Grab him! We can’t let him do this!” Maria yells angrily.
Both Nick and Jeremy jumped on Johnny, but were thrown away by an invisible force. “Stupid fools…..do you honestly think you can destroy me?” Johnny asks as he turned to face them. “Let’s see if you like it when I destroy one of you.” He lifted up his hand.
There was complete silence for a moment before Jeremy suddenly heard a buzzing sound in his head. It got louder and louder until he couldn’t take it anymore and clutched his head, falling to the ground, yelling out in pain.
“Stop it! You’re killing him!” Maria screamed.
Johnny grinned evilly. “That’s what I intend to do! I’ll kill each of you one by one and there’s nothing you can do to stop me!” he cackled.
All of a sudden, Johnny’s grin faded and he groaned, his hand rising to his head. “Ugh…impossible…..”
The buzzing stopped and Nick knelt beside his friend. “You okay?”
“Yeah….the buzzing stopped…..but who stopped it?” Jeremy asks as he began to pick himself up.
All of a sudden, Stacy appeared in front of Johnny, but more like a ghostly figure. She held her arms out protectively in front of her friends and sister. “You won’t hurt them while I’m here Johnny! It’s time for you to go to hell once and for all!”
“Stupid isolate girl! Do you think you can defeat me? I’m more powerful than you!” Johnny yelled.
“That is true….but friendship and love is stronger than hate! You will not hurt them! And I’ll make sure you stay in hell!” she yelled back and rushed at him, jumping into her own body.
“Gahh….this can’t…be happening!” Johnny groaned. Beams of light began to come out of his eyes and mouth. “I can’t…..! This can’t be happening!” he screamed and there was an explosion and a bright flash.
Everyone had to shield their eyes in order not to go blind. “What’s happening?!” Maria screams.
The flash began to slowly fade away and through the cracks of his fingers, Jeremy saw a figure appear, slightly floating off the ground and then collapsed to the ground.
The flash finally faded away and everyone un-covered their eyes and saw Stacy’s body motionless on the ground. “Stacy!!” everyone ran over.
Jeremy felt for a pulse. “There’s still no pulse……”
“B-but….!” Maria stammered. “She can’t be gone! She’s my only sister!” she began crying again and buried her face in Nick’s shoulder.
“Sorry we couldn’t save you Stacy……” Jeremy whispered, a single tear rolling down his cheek.
All of a sudden, she let out a loud gasp and her eyes opened, reveling grayish-green and she coughed.
“Stacy!” Everyone said.
She sat up, lightly massaging her throat and coughed again. “Johnny’s gone……I sent him back to hell and this time….he’s not coming back.”
“What happened?” Nick asks.
Stacy looked at the ground. “Johnny…..he wanted to finish what he started. The reason why he wanted to use me to was because I looked just like his daughter.”
“Did he kill her too?” Maria asks.
“Yeah and his wife.” Stacy answered. “I…….think we should go back to the house.”
Everyone agreed and hurried back to the house.
“Thank you……”
They turned around and saw a girl of Stacy’s age and a woman standing behind her. “You’re….Johnny’s daughter.” Stacy said.
The girl nodded. “My father…….he went crazy that night and killed everyone in this house.”
“Including you and your mom.” Jeremy said.
The girl gave a small nod. “Yes. My father killed himself afterwards…and even Jeff.”
“Jeff?” Maria asks.
“The boy I loved.” The girl answered. “We were going to run away together…but my father killed us before we could. But now everything is settled.” She smiled as she and her mother became transparent.
“Well, we hope your afterlife is wonderful.” Jeremy said.
The girl smiled and blinked, allowing a tear to fall down her face before she and her mother vanished completely.
Nick sniffled.
Jeremy raised an eyebrow. “Are you crying?”
Nick rubbed his eyes. “No, I just got something stuck in my eye.”
Maria burst out laughing.
Stacy laughed a little herself and looked out the window. The wind blew through the air gently.
This nightmare was finally over.

Epilogue

4 days later……

“I don’t wanna leave.” Maria whined.
Nick put an arm around her shoulders. “Come visit us sometime.”
Both twins nodded. “Yeah, we’ll miss you.”
Stacy smiled to herself and turned to Jeremy. “I never did thank you for everything you did.”
He shrugged. “Don’t worry. It’s not your fault. Maybe…..I can visit you during the summer.”
Stacy gave a nod. “Well, I’m not busy at all this summer.”
Jeremy shifted his feet. It looked like he wanted to do something, but couldn’t.
Stacy blinked. “Something wrong?”
Jeremy stuffed his hands into his pockets of his blue jeans. “No……well, yes actually.”
“What is it?”
He sighed. “I want to spend more time with you.” He blushed a little. “I…..I really like you.” And with that, he grabbed her hand, pulling her to him and lowered his face to hers, catching her lips in a sweet, gentle kiss.
Stacy let her eyes close and she kissed him back shyly. Jeremy pulled her closer and deepened the kiss before finally pulling away.
She smiled and nuzzled her nose against his. “I like you too.”
Maria pouted. “That ain’t fair.” She crossed her arms over her chest.
Suddenly, their mom honked the horn. “Let’s go girls!”
Stacy rolled her eyes and gave Jeremy a quick kiss. “Try to visit me.”
He smiled and nodded, releasing her. Both she and Maria got into the car before their mom decided to leave them.
“Did you girls have fun?” their mom asks.
“Oh yeah.” Maria grinned.
“I kinda wanna go to a haunted house.” Stacy said thoughtfully.
“Don’t we have an aunt who lives in Maine?” Maria asks.
“Yes.” Their mother replied.
Stacy and Maria looked at each other.
And grinned.














© Copyright 2011 Zaikia (zaikia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796686-The-Haunted-Vacation