*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797095-Be-Out-in-the-Rain
by Delia
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1797095
When was the last time you were in the rain with your children? Try it once more.
Be Out in the Rain With Them

Do you still remember how we, as kids, frolicked in the rain, running around in open fields with friends? I do. I recall with fondness how excited I was every time I step out in the rain, enjoying every drop of that "heavenly shower" and hoping that the downpour would last a little longer. This is pure and simple joy, an experience that we truly treasure in our lifetime. But alas most parents would generally say no when their kids plead for a short rainy encounter, unaware that by doing so they are crushing their kids' spirits and wounding their self esteem. How ruthless can sometimes parents be, for letting their little angels miss out such joys that are there ironically for free? Be fun! Join your kids out there in the rain! See their reaction. It would not only make them happy, but you as well, for re-living the pleasure that you haven't done for the longest time. Come on! Bask in the rain with your kids. Run around with them. Hold their cold but happy hands. Have fun with them. Let them experience the LOVE and HAPPINESS that they deserve. They need it now more than ever. This is the best shield we can give them against the harsh world.
© Copyright 2011 Delia (deliavaliser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797095-Be-Out-in-the-Rain