*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797505-An-Untitled-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Briel
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1797505
It's not finished. It's my story.
It was Thursday, late in July; my Marine man would come home. Traveling I know is probably hard, but coming home had to be harder. I really don’t know being I haven’t seen him since he graduated from high school. When he was a senior I was a sophomore; 16 and 18. Andre is his name. Mine is Lyric. As soon as he graduated from high school he went and enlisted in the Marines, brave and honorable for him, scary and suffocating for me. Knowing how his mind works, I know he wouldn’t be scared, but the things he saw and whatever he would see in the future would scar him. I just hope and pray none of it will harden his liquid gold heart.
Him and I were like friends. At the time we met I was a freshman and he was a junior. He came up to me; honestly I didn’t really notice him. He had a girlfriend, so I thought all he wanted was a friendship. But I couldn’t help but think about what it would be like if we were more. Yet again he had a girlfriend so who really knew what he wanted. I couldn’t help falling for him, being his “friend” he felt more comfortable with me, not saying he couldn’t share things with his girlfriend, I just think some things were too tender for him to share with her. So he told me everything and within all that I fell hard and fast, but before I totally fell I caught myself, but I still held on to how I felt. It still made me want to pull my hair out when I thought about someone being able to touch him, someone else got to kiss him in front of everyone, someone got to smell his scent every morning, and someone else got to feel his inferno touch. Now, we did have some flirting moments in the beginning, as I said before he was really after me. I will get to that later though.
Back to now, here I am, waiting in the largest group of men, women, and children waiting for their loves, mommies, and daddies to arrive home. The sight was so energized, I felt the anxious nerves radiating off everyone it got me nervous. Through it all, all I could focus on was a random girl crying and holding her bulging stomach. Automatically when you see a pregnant girl and she is crying, you assume she is hurting. So I get up and walk over to her, slowly, taking in her features. She is gorgeous, blonde hair and sea green eyes. When I got to her I put my hand on her shoulder she looked scared at first, but when she saw the sincere, caring look in my eyes she embraced me quickly, she was a little taller than me so he had to bend down, to put her head on my chest. I felt her warm face bare down on my chest and I felt her hot tears run down dress. I tried to pull her as close as I could to me but the roundness for her belly was in the way. I stroked her hair, the way my mom used to do when I was feeling upset. It was always a comforting gesture, to anyone. After a few moments of me holding her, I pulled her over to a bench. Her head was on my shoulder still as we walked. When we sat down she lifted her head up, and I could see mascara marks on her cheeks, and on my dress.
“ I’m so sorry about your dress, I can pay to have it cleaned,” she talked slow trying her best to keep it together.
“ You don’t have to do that, this dress will be fine.” I said this while I wiped the mascara and tear steaks from her deep red cheeks. While I did this she smiled at me, exposing white, perfect teeth.
“You’re too beautiful, to be crying, what’s on your mind,” I asked.
She let out a sort of gurgled giggle,” It’s hormones,” she lied.
“ I don’t believe that, I know you don’t know me at all, but you just released something that was really hurting, the proof is on my dress,” she and I both laughed,” it’s alright, just tell me.”
She looked at me and took at deep breath.
“ My fiancĂ© didn’t know I was pregnant when he left. I’m just feeling like he will be pissed. I mean what will it look like, if people that are in his inner circle found out we are having a kid and we aren’t married?’
“ I’m sure whatever happens he will defend you at all cost. A kid isn’t going to change any of the love he has for you, it’s going to bring you closer. You’re bearing his child, why would he be mad at you for that, and he helped this. It takes two people to make a baby. If he gets mad at you he is not worth your time at all.”
I stared at her for a long time, and slowly she got herself together.
“ You’re right,” she said,” what’s your name?’
“Lyric, and what’s your name?”
“Raina.”
She pulled out her cell phone for her pocket to check the time, just then you heard to the murmur of people and the buzzing of airplanes. She stood up with a panic stricken face. I took her phone and punched my number in and told her,” Don’t be afraid, call me and let me know what happens!”
I started to back away and I saw a slow, confident smile spread across her face. I felt bad for leaving her but I didn’t come for her I came for him.
When the whirring of planes stopped and everything slowed down, I saw men and women, in the beautiful pressed uniforms, I loved so much, step out of the planes in hurried, crazed way, running to get to the ones they love. All the people inside where I was ran outside to the platform where our heroes stood. I sat down waiting, and watching. The sight of it all was so full of love. Our woman heroes ran up to there kids and lifted them up off the ground; it was like a dance the way they spun their babies around. Our men walked smoothly to their wives with flowers and kissed them. Then I caught a glimpse of Raina, walking cautiously to a tall man in his pressed uniform, he was looking all around for her but was looking in the wrong places. When she waddled up to him she squeezed his shoulder. Even from a distance I could she how good her touch felt. He turned around, slowly and playfully, knowing it was her. When he turned around he was smiling, then he looked down. He returned to her face. His facial expression was the total opposite of what she thought his reaction would be. He started to cry, and so did she. He pulled her to him in a sincere, protective hug. His arms seemed like a sanctuary to her, because automatically her tears stopped and her face turned peaceful. After a few moments of them embracing he let her go and got on his knees and started playing with her stomach, which made her laugh.
I waited and waited, looking at all the happy people, until I saw him, my Andre. Pressed Blues, such a handsome sight, there was no woman there waiting for him-thank God- just his old friend Jordan. They did their old handshake, which brought back so many memories I have. It was such a dumb, long handshake I cant believe they still remember it, they are like 50 now! I smiled to myself because watching them do this brought back memories of when we first met, how he had that amused, immature look on his face.
Soon after the reunion each family had, everyone began to pack away in their cars. After a good 30 minutes Andre and Jordan were the only two out there. I knew then I needed to get up. I stood up smoothed out my dress and began to walk. Jordan picked up Andre’s bags and they began to walk to his car. I sped up my pace, and got my lips to form one word that seemed so foreign on my tongue.
“Andre.”
I called his name, it felt so good to say, it made me wanna close my eyes and say it over and over to the wind.
He turned and so did Jordan, they both squinted trying to figure out who I was, and at the same time their eyes and faces lit up. They recognized me. Jordan put down the bags and ran to me, while Andre stayed back with this shocked look on his face. Jordan and I had formed a great bond from the start. An older brother/little sister type thing. So to be in his big arms again felt like home. He even picked me up and spun me around like he used to.
“Lyric, how are you, ” he asked.
“I’m fine, how’s Stacey (his girlfriend)?”
“She is doing well, she will be happy I heard from you, since you cant call nobody,” he said playfully.
I laughed,” My bad! I will try and keep up with my social peers!”
I said this to be funny, but he could tell I wasn’t in a playful mood, he knew why I was here.
“I know you want to talk to Andre, so I’m gonna take his shit to the car, good luck,” he said then gave me a kiss on my forehead; I loved it when he did that. It was his way of comforting me. He walked away and picked up the bags, and then he patted Andre on the shoulder. Andre never took his eyes off me; we stood like that for a while. It gave me time to digest all the changes that came over him, physically.
He looked so regal, a sexy trait. I loved how broad and full he looked. It looked as if he could put the whole world and carry it. So strong. He got taller about six feet. His deep, chocolaty skin color was flawless, except for that scar above his eyebrows. It was about two inches, and was deep. I remember watching it all go down, he was fighting for his father, some jerk insulted his dad and he went ham! The dude had a crowbar and had good aim; he swung and hit him hard. I ran out from where I was hiding and grabbed for him, blood got all over me while it gushed out his head. I still have nightmares about him being unconscious in my arms. I quickly got rid of that unpleasant memory, because my heart started to ache. I moved down to his lips they were just as big and full as I left them. I remember our first kiss…. The thought of his lips against mine made me wanna drop down on my knees and bawl.

*****

Damn. She is looking amazing; she has totally made my night. I haven’t had any female interaction in months and I am so desperate, but looking at this illustrious sight, the way her hair and dress blew in the wind, the way she stood, even the curve of her hips made me wanna take my time with her. She looked so innocent and inhuman in a way. The dress she was wearing was simple yet sensual, it was a pretty soft peach color, the hem of the dress came right above her knees showing the right amount of those legs. The V of her dress came down low enough, to show me a little, something, but it was a classy amount. That dress will forever be in my memory. It showed enough, but it made you wanna see more. Damn, I haven’t seen her since I graduated, and might I say, since then she has grown! She has filled out to the max. She has completely transformed into every guys fantasy woman. Being that she has more curves in places her body made the dress way more than it was. When I got finished drooling over her womanly body, I moved to her head. Her hair grew, that dark, dark mane grew past her shoulders. She pulled all of her illustrious hair over and made hang over her left shoulder, a habit she always had. It was fuller and curlier than before. So beautiful, I just wanted to go and run my fingers through it like I used to do. I looked in her eyes and those things were as mysterious as ever. No one could ever stay on those suckers for too long because you would find yourself getting lost in them. It’s like her eyes hold a story that you wanna find out.
© Copyright 2011 Briel (kaydence at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797505-An-Untitled-Story