*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797524-Six-Weeks-to-Live-Challenge
by Pepper
Rated: E · Assignment · Biographical · #1797524
My bucket list!
“You have maybe six weeks to live….”  The doctor’s voice seemed to reverberate throughout my head.  “…. six weeks to live….…. six weeks to live…. You have to choose whether you want quantity over quality.  …quantity over quality.”

I shook my head trying to dispel the voice that echoed throughout my heart and soul.  I wanted quality and that meant six weeks to experience all of the things I have ever wanted to experience.  Six weeks to prepare myself and my family.  Six weeks to take care of my bucket list.   

My Bucket List

1. Create a video for my children to be viewed at each of their milestones: high school graduation, college graduation, marriage, the birth of their first child….
2. Write a letter for each of my loved ones telling them what they mean to me and my hopes for their future.
3. Create a video of how Jesus has worked in my life.  I want this played at my funeral so that others may not grieve for me but celebrate my life.
4. Finish my novel – Two chapters to go.
5. Take a walk through the woods with my children.
6. Ride in a hot air balloon!
7. Buy a red convertible mustang and cruise up California’s coast.
8. Spend a week with my husband in a cabin on a lake in the Smokey Mountains.
9. Write my own obituary.
10. Clean my house.  I’m a terrible housekeeper, but I’d like to take that secret to my grave.


My Obituary

Petunia G. Scholl, 45, of Goosebeck, Ohio died after a short illness at her home on September 20, 2011.  Petunia was born in Crouton, Ohio on November 11, 1966 to the late Mark and Anita Holsting.  After graduating from high school in 1985, Petunia married her sweetheart in 1986 and then went on to become the first in her family to attend college.  In 1992, she earned a Bachelor of Arts in English and a Bachelor of Science in Education from Miami University.  In 2005, she also earned a Masters in Literacy from the University of Dayton. 

Petunia spent 13 years as a middle school teacher before leaving to teach at the college level.  She also has written numerous short stories and has worked as a freelance writer for a local newspaper.  Within the last six weeks of her life, Petunia was able to complete her novel as well as other items on what she called her personal bucket list.  She leaves mourners with this one last request – “Please do not look in my closets.”

Petunia is survived by her husband, Eric of 25 years; her daughter, Brittany; her son, Hunter, four brothers, two sisters, numerous nephews and nieces.  In addition, she will be greatly missed by the congregation of the Goosebeck First Church of God where she was an active member.   

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 24, 2011 at the Goosebeck First Church of God on 615 East Fork Avenue, Goosebeck, Ohio.  Officiating will be the Reverend Mark McQuire.  Interment will be held at the Mount Zion Cemetery in Goosebeck, Ohio.  Family will receive friends on Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Goosebeck First Church of God. 
© Copyright 2011 Pepper (plscholl2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797524-Six-Weeks-to-Live-Challenge