*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797858-Letter-from-Satan
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Religious · #1797858
A letter from Satan followed by a reply from Jesus.
Letter from Satan.

Hello again my friend. So you're back. I just knew you would be. You're like so many others. You're introduced to this man Jesus. You think he's great - the answer to your prayers. But he asks too much of you. And you can't come up with the goods! Trying to live the way he wants you to is way beyond you. When the going gets tough you fall flat on your face. But don't worry, I'm here to help you up. I won't ask anything difficult of you. Just be yourself, your old sinful self; you know it's what you want. Why struggle to live a life which is too hard for you when you can be your own natural self, enjoying the pleasures of a sinful, selfish, lazy existence?

Why travel the tricky narrow road when you coast along the broad road? Why forgive when you can hold a grudge and take your revenge when the opportunity comes? Why give when you can take? Why think of others when you can look after yourself? Why read the Bible when there is so much more interesting stuff you can look at? Why hold back when a gift horse comes your way? - go for it while the chance is there! Why go to church on a Sunday when you can have a lie-in and do the things you'd rather do? In short, why try to be something you're not?

It's so good to see you having doubts about your new-found faith. You were so gullible to think you could change the habits of a lifetime. Over-eating, smoking, drinking, drug taking, gambling, lying, cheating, gossiping, disrespecting, telling dirty jokes, watching dirty movies, sleeping around - they're much more your style. And don't listen to that 'inner voice' that tells you to confess your sin and try again. You'll never be able to live as Jesus wants you too - it's impossible. Snuff him out of your life now and start enjoying yourself again.

Yours, Satan.


Letter from Jesus.

Hello my friend. Don't give up! I don't expect you to be perfect. I will forgive you a thousand times. My love for you is as strong as it ever was. Keep trying to walk in newness of life and be guided by the Holy Spirit I have given you. The key is to follow me, not your old, selfish desires. And remember, I am with you always. Whatever struggles you go through, I'll be there too. I will never forsake you.

Yours, Jesus.
© Copyright 2011 StoryBob (salvobob at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797858-Letter-from-Satan