*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797946-The-Eye-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #1797946
He awakens alone, it was deafeningly silent, only a faint, sinister buzzing.
He awoke in a deafening silence, only a faint, sinister buzzing could be heard. He sat up, and immediately he felt as if the air was pushing him back down, wanting him to stay there and rot away. He forced himself onto his feet and looked around. The emptiness he felt was astounding, as if he were the only living thing in existence. However, he did feel a presence, an evil presence. It seemed to be watching him, waiting for him. He scanned the environment once more, it appeared to be identical in any direction, but as he turned to face forward, or backward he could no longer remember, the trees laid themselves down, showing him the way. An object fell from the sky, and onto a section of the path merely feet in front of him. Sky. He looked up and saw nothing but a limitless expanse. Sky. He felt as if he knew that word, once, but it lay in his brain now a mass, embodied in emptiness. He began to walk toward the object, feeling it's power as he drew nearer. He reached to it and picked it up. It was smooth and round. It stood out from the environment though, it was different in a way he could not descibe, but seemed somehow familiar to him, the only right in a sea of wrong. He stored the object and continued down the path. He suddenly felt as if he were searching for something, something he was nearing. An answer.

The path curved and he sprinted through it, but the curve was a deceit, hiding the horror that lie on the other side. It was a horrible creature, A floating, pulsing sac with many spindley appendages jutting out all sides. That buzzing that he had heard was a roar now. A low pitched roar that reverberated throughout his body, striking him with unspeakable terror.  On the bottom there was a head attached, with hundreds of tiny, hungry eyes. The eyes were familiar in the same way as the object, they stuck out. They had,


Color.


Suddenly the environment around him burst into startling reality. Red. Red was the color that had stuck out to him. And through it he revealed all others. The reccurance of color created a force of energy, knocking him on his back. He lay, dazed for a moment, and was transfixed by the marvel that had opened up above him. It was blue, he remembered, this was what Sky had meant. Then he remembered the monster. He raced back to his feet and there it was, still doing nothing but stare at him. It was completely black, so black it was without form, just a pulsing, undulating mass of energy.

"This was your first test, your next will come soon."  The mass boomed, the words were spoken as if by many. "I am The Speaker, remember me."

Then it disappeared, leaving him alone in complete, utter silence.
© Copyright 2011 Francois Melburn (paulmatsumoto at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797946-The-Eye-Chapter-1