*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798669-LOST-N-FOUND
Rated: E · Short Story · Nature · #1798669
three kids get lost in the woods
LOST N FOUND
Tray, Lilly, and I were going to our daily walk in the beautiful woods behind my backyard. Everything seemed to be going completely normal until we started talking about Halloween. “So, what are you being for Halloween?” I asked Lilly. “ A witch. What about you ?” Lilly asked. “A vampire. What about you Tray?” asked knowing he loves Halloween. ”Well ‘bout that.” he looked at the ground and looked up. I could see he had this saddened look in his eye.” Don’t you think we are to old to trick “or’’ treat. I love the holiday, but even I think we are too old.” He sounded embarrassed to use the words trick “or’’ treat in the same sentence. ‘’ What about the free candy what person would miss out on the chance for free candy?” Lilly asked as if she were surprised that Tray said that. I know I was. I know I was shocked to hear such a comment from my friend that loved the fun times of trick or treating .
I could tell in his eyes that Tray was about to say something to start a fight about our stupid discussion of candy. ” Look were here at the end of the trail.” I was hoping I could distract them . Unlucky for us, something did distract them, but not for the good. We all stopped talking and began to listen to all the sounds around us. My friends looked confused and scared. I started to get worried. I noticed a change in the atmosphere. It seemed like all the animals hushed up. All of a sudden the beautiful fall orange and red trees that made me feel so safe and secure, made me feel frightened and unsafe. ” What’s wrong?” They didn’t answer. They didn’t need to answer, because right then I heard a low growl that made want to faint. My knees began to shake, for knew what it was.
I slowly turned my head around to see what made that horrific noise. I was relived to see a baby bear. Then, my relief turned back into fear, because I knew the mom would be close by. ”Don’t move yet” Tray whispered.
“ What should we do?” I whispered back.
“Look at my hand” Tray said. I looked, and in is hand was a small pocket knife.
“ Don’t hurt the cub” I said.
“ Okay if you want to be dinner, be my guest” he said.
I thought about his comment, and quickly changed my mind. So I whispered to him, “ No, I changed my mind! Just don’t kill it.“
Tray turned to me and said, “Fine. On the count of three run… 1.. 2... 3. “ I ran with Lilly clutching my hand and Tray close to my other side.
While we were running for our lives, I realized I didn’t know where we were at anymore. So, I pulled on my friends’ hands and stopped us from running. I also saw it was getting dark. ” Where are we?” I asked hoping they would know.
” I don’t know.” Lilly said almost crying. I went over to her and hugged her. Then Tray came over and we just sat there to catch our breath and try to figure out where we were and what to do next. I fell asleep safe and sound in my friends arms.
“Poppy! Lilly! Tray!” I woke up to yelling that sounded like my mom. I hoped it was not a dream, and my mom was looking for us. It took me awhile to realize that it wasn’t a dream and my mom was really looking for us.
“Mom!” I shouted over and over again until I heard leaves and twigs breaking. Lilly and Tray joined in yelling for my mom. “Mom!” we all shouted. Then it seemed like forever until I saw her yellow- orange jacket in the moonlight. Wait, moonlight? How long had we been asleep? I was so happy to see her that I ran over to her and hugged her.
” I have been looking for you three kids for six hours. Why are you three kids sitting here so far back in the woods?” she asked . Her words sounded scared, happy, and mad all at once.
” I’ll explain later. Let’s just get home”
© Copyright 2011 blondie (wolffee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798669-LOST-N-FOUND