*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798766-Fly-Kites-Climb-Mountains
by Delia
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1798766
Have you bonded lately with your kids? It's a must!
Fly Kites, Climb Mountains

Why do companies organize team building activities for their employees? It is because the importance of having a cohesive team in an organization cannot be overemphasized. A team is composed of individuals coming from different family background and upbringing. Team building activities, most preferably those that are enjoyable and fun, are important to bring a feeling of oneness and acceptance. Bonding not only ensures a close-knit group of people who are motivated to perform better but also contributes to the interpersonal relationship of the staff.

If company executives have realized the positive results of their team building efforts, we as parents should try and apply the same thing with our family. Oftentimes we tend to be complacent with the way we handle our family life. We don’t realize that somehow, with the tight schedule that we keep as working parents, the amount of time we spend with our kids is getting scarce and the quality getting worse. One of the telltale signs that the family is drifting apart is when parents don’t get anymore feedbacks from children regarding school, work, friends, or relationships. Are parents hearing things from the neighbor’s nanny? Do they see their kids whispering? Do parents notice that their kids suddenly stop talking when they come near? Has communication been a one-way traffic, with parents doing all the talking? If the answer is yes, then it’s time to act and stop that “degeneration” of the family fiber. Bridge that gap. Practice empathy. Sadly though, most parents expect empathy, but they hardly do it. Come on, be on tract. Save that beloved “organization” from crumbling down. It doesn’t take much to bond. You can organize family trips, go mountain climbing, do the zipline, fly kites together, camp out and go star gazing together. Try to do this and you will surely bring back the smile on their faces. Remember that no amount of success in career can compensate for failure in the home. Make happy memories. Tell your kids you LOVE them! It’s the sweetest words in the whole world! It may be awkward at first but you will get used to it. Don’t delay! A famous writer once said that,”The bitterest of tears are those shed for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.” Delia V. Aliser.
© Copyright 2011 Delia (deliavaliser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798766-Fly-Kites-Climb-Mountains