*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798796-queen-and-the-swordsman
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #1798796
sad war story.
Tainted in crimson blood. The rain washing through his hair as the sword shakes in his hand. Shattered by the constant battle with all these men. All these souls. Blood mixed mud lays beneath the bodies of the slain. cold and dark as the red moon shows the faces of all who look blankly towards the sky. screams of agony ring through the air wile swords clash between those who still stand.
"The great swordsmen," they called him. He was only that. since a child he was train with the sword. and with a sword he will undoubtedly die. scares cover is body like a history book. some of his own accord. frosted with the corpses of those around him. he walks slowly with an absent expression. sword drawn and limply in his hand he cuts through those who try and fight him. one after another he effortlessly kills.
his speed is his power. weak and frail he appears as he stands before them. easy they would think of him. but there blades never tasted his skin. never licked his blood on this day. there last day they had no shot of glory as he walks past their lifeless bodies. set on his goal, his set agenda to get her. all day he has fought to attain this motivating gem. his obsidian haired love. so close to her he can taste her pear perfume. only one stands in his way now. the last and final obstacle to overcome and he can put away his sword. this life and live like he should.
"You will die tonight. and when I’m done with you I’ll take her and see what a women she really is... what you have nothing to say? pitiful little man. I’m the last one you'll see and you have no last words?"
"You won’t be able to draw your sword."
“What was that? speak up kid! Oh well it doesn’t..."
with god-like speed the swordsmen rushed the forty feet to the man drew his sword in the same instance and slashed eight times. there was no time to scream nor draw a breath when the blade cut his body. his hand was still at his side when he noticed the swordsmen behind him now.
"so this is how it happens? this is how i die? what a waste of life..."
laying on the ground with the blood of the battles splashed upon her horror stricken face was his beloved. his eyes never leaving her frail body as he scoops her from the ground.
"you came for me?! why?! you could have... i could have..."
"shh... none of that matters now... i will always protect you. but you must protect me from myself. you must be my shield so i can be your sword. you must hold me to this world. i will never kill again. you must hold me to that."
he moved though the field of bodies quickly with her in his arms. walking to fast he stumbles over a corpse. he turns to see his corps on the bloody ground wrapped around her body. a single wound could be seen, a spear run through his back into her. standing above their corpses he begins to weep.
"what is it?! let me see! what would bring you to tears!"
"nothing my beautiful gem. I’m only happy... we can be together forever now... so please don’t worry any longer."
"can we go home now?"
with a single nod the dead swordsmen walked towards the coming sun. he did not trip nor stagger.
a single shimmer of light past over the field. no blood, no bodies were there on the field. only two stone planks stood on this grassy field. and on them read: "in memory of the swordsmen and the queen."
© Copyright 2011 uncle T (toasterboi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798796-queen-and-the-swordsman