*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799273-Summer-Mosoon
by carphi
Rated: · Other · Nature · #1799273
A story reflecting about the weather in the hot summer.
Summer Monsoon





While listening to the radio on our way to college, we heard the weather forecast. " 90 degrees with a chance of rain." I personally was hoping for that chance of rain to be greater. Utah Valley can be very hot, the state is very desert like. Not as much as Arizona but still very dry. When the clouds get thick and dark you know there will be a storm, Its always nice to cool things off, not all day rain but just enough that the crops can get their needed water.

My niece says she gets depressed when it cloudy weather. I have not been able to ask her why she said that.

For me it doesnt make me depressed, I know it wont be long. Unlike in England where I have lived twice before, where the sky is overcast a great majority of the time and the sun does not poke through the clouds very often. There I could see why one could be depressed, it had that effect on people. However when the storms here in the valley, to me are always a welcome sight. The lightening and the roll of thunder can be quite spectacular. The majesty of the Creator right before my eyes. My husband is a little scared of lightening. As long as I am inside I have no need to fear, I know I am safe. With the storms usually come gusts of wind, which makes it nice and cool. In house where we have one conditioner, as it is a 1940's house and my grandfather never put it in, the Canyon Breeze is always nice. The only problem is you have to wait all day for it to come. I dont know where it goes during the day, but this house can be like brick oven, absorbing the heat from outside. Yes I have to say the summer monsoons are always nice. A nice break from the heat, till the Fall and the long Winter that always follows.
© Copyright 2011 carphi (carphi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799273-Summer-Mosoon