*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799704-The-Wickedness-of-Mediocrity
by P Lima
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Philosophy · #1799704
Short essay on the true value of moral constraints and the way they affect human behaviour
I want to declare a war on mediocrity! How desperate I am to destroy that wickedness. There is good, there is bad and then there is that state of meaningless being. The sad satisfaction of not being the worst of all and the acceptance of not being the best as if it was better than achieving great evil. I refuse to accept that. In fact I am declaring war to all those, either because in the way they think or the way they act, that insist in such a behavior and denial of our nature as rightful owners of our own destiny. In this life only the good and the bad are accounted for and anything beyond that is social garbage. Good and evil are vital to our existence. Morality is the main wrong doer and the biggest fabricator of averageness. Brake those rules and all is left is good and evil and both are our bread and wine. I want to sweep all those that love morality in to the depths of hell for heaven is for the lovers of good and evil.

It isn’t, by no means, easy the path for greatness. Greatness is not necessarily good or evil. It is what is not mediocre. To aim for greatness is the final step to deny a mediocre existence even if greatness in the end is not achieved. I have eyes and ears probing my actions and thoughts constantly and for me they are just a sad extension of morality. I don’t have any respect for those that uphold the moral law as their only vehicle to action. How far are they from touching the most superficial layer of nature. I will have no pity in pointing the finger at those that choose to play that role in our life and think of themselves as the main reference of moral law. Look how they want to steer your boat in to the deepest waters of submissiveness and scrub in your face the idea that the realm of mediocrity is one of safe refuge. Look how they trample your discerning mind while themselves indulge in to the wildest orgies and while drinking the wine of Dionysus they behold the glorious path to greatness!

I don’t have the smallest doubt that this war is one of great solitude and the path I seek is one that will bring feelings of bitterness and painful discomfort. This is actually one of the cruelest tools of morality as it spreads the seeds of fear in to the core of your soul. Do not fall in to this trap as it only wants to pierce the skin of your dignity and to build a wall of despair that will bring you even further away from the safe wing of nature.

This is by no means any allusion to behold evil as god on earth. What I believe is that we have the duty to accept our nature as it is and do not provoke in our soul the terrible constraint of not being able to fulfill its full potential either it be good or evil. It is a thousand times more detrimental to our existence the acceptance of moral references than to savor the taste of the consequences of our actions. To live with the frustration of not being what nature begs us to be is beyond pain and suffering. It is the denial of ourselves and the destruction of the fabric of our soul.

I am aware that many of you will be questioning the true value and substance of my views. But in all that scrutiny I know if you are truly honest with yourself and manage to liberate yourself from the tight chains of morality and perceive nature for what it is then there is nothing left for you to do but accept it as the only path to achieve your true potential.

Constantine de Sade
© Copyright 2011 P Lima (psantoszl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799704-The-Wickedness-of-Mediocrity